D.C.'s Legends of Tomorrow

Cassandra

I really like the John Constantine character and the actor who plays him.

But I keep hoping that this series will go more toward superhero characters who wear brightly colored costumes. And Constantine, and the storylines such a character would be involved in, is pretty much the opposite of that.

I could have seen Constantine as a regular on Arrow which generally deals with darker subjects in a grim and gritty city and which doesn't have the same "comedy feel" as Legends does.

Constantine is serious, this Green Arrow is grim.

On the other hand, Rory isn't serious, Steel is lighthearted, the Atom is goofy, Captain Cold is campy...Constantine just doesn't feel instinctively like he'd be a great fit in the Legends.

21 hours ago, Lord Liaden said:

Except the way Matt Ryan has been playing Constantine on Legends has emphasized his snark, cockiness, and knack for puncturing egos and pretensions. IMO that plays well off the other characters. And it isn't like LoT has been completely devoid of dark moments.

I believe he did play Dungeons and Dragons on Legends.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/27/2018 at 1:13 PM, Lord Liaden said:

IMHO the cast rotation on Legends has become one of its greatest strengths. The dynamic between the characters never gets stale with new blood repeatedly introduced.

It would probably be very tough to be completely cut off from friends, family, and the world in which you grew up so I could see why the characters might want to leave the crew.

Hanging around in the past or future just isn't the same as living in the present because you can't pick up your phone or come to these forums to check up on what your friends are doing.

For example. what are you supposed to post in the Politics thread in 2015 if you already know the results of the 2016 election? (Oh, Bernie, we hardly knew you....)

Tom Wilson makes a second appearance on DC's Legends of Tomorrow as a Government Official who oversees the budget for The Time Bureau and is also Nate's Father.  The team takes on an Evil Fairy Godmother in Salem.

So the Time Bureau's budget is $4.2 Billions a year and the U.S. Government wants to shut it down?  It's has time travel technology!  The Stargate Project cost $7.4 Billion a year in 1997 (that's $11.3 Billion Today!)

Maisie Richarson-Sellers returns to the series as Charlie, a shape shifter who is stuck in Amara's form.  Clever way to get the actress back while resolving Amara's destiny. 

I wish the Arrow people had a little of that cleverness.  Oliver should have been out of prison on episode two by going on a suicide mission for ARGUS.  Heck they could have had the Suicide Squad with Team Arrow.