D.C.'s Legends of Tomorrow

Cassandra

19 hours ago, archer said:

I love, love, love the promo that was being filmed. I had no idea how much I wanted to see that before I saw that.

Which just goes to prove that a show doesn't really have to make sense to be really good.  30 Rock proved that.  The promo was hilarious.

2 hours ago, Cassandra said:

The only way Legends could get better is if Kat Denning joined the cast.  I don't care as who.

Phantom Girl - Kat looks the part but walking through walks and escaping entangles might be a little OP for Legends.

Infectious Lass - spontaneous accidental generation of alien diseases (like the gender swap disease) could be funny but a SFX budget nightmare.

The Question (Renee Montoya)

45 minutes ago, Cassandra said:

Kat Denning as Night Girl from the Legion of Substitute Heroes!

I had that on my short list. I keep hoping Steel will come back from the Time Bureau to become the team's "brick" again. But if they're going to leave him on desk duty, maybe she could take his place for field work.

3 hours ago, Cassandra said:

Lasts nights episode was okay, but it couldn't have topped the last one.  I'm guessing the problems between Sara and Ava are because of DEsMONd.

Considering that they left the mid-season finale on a small cliffhanger with Mona injured and Men in Black rampaging through the Time Bureau then did not much of anything with either, I was disappointed.

minor spoiler:

Mona pops up essentially uninjured despite getting clawed across her stomach and the Men in Black disappear. Most of the episode revolved around the team not trusting each other with information as it became available and not trusting the head of the Time Bureau with the information which would show her that the Legends were on her side.

And when Lance and Ava finally did face off about the Men in Black, Lance didn't point out that the MiB outright framed one of Ava's underlings as part of their cover-up. Even if Ava is disinterested in the ultimate goals of the MiB, she rightly should be outraged at being left completely out of the loop, presumably having one of her prisoners kidnapped rather than transferred since no transfer paperwork existed in their system, and having one of her employees framed for a crime. It was Lance's role in that conversation to have Ava step back and look at the whole picture, but Lance didn't.

And in that conversation, Ava should have been asked what she was supposed to think when one of her prisoners just completely vanished from the Time Bureau without explanation. Even if Mona hadn't been framed, Ava couldn't do her freaking job with prisoners disappearing into thin air.

1 hour ago, mattingly said:

I really liked this one. A time-traveling magical caveman luchador fights to prevent a Mexican Civil War and for the love of his life.

I liked the luchador theme of the episode. The writers usually do a really good job at picking interesting things in history for the team to meddle with.

I really thought the direction that they were going to go was that Ray was going to have to dress up as the missing wolfman luchador (since they were of a similar height) and that Ray was going to have to learn to wrestle and put on a show for a crowd while taking a beating.

That would have been an epic turn for his character because he could randomly pull out a wrestling move later in the season to flatten a bad guy.

• 1 month later...
On 5/21/2019 at 9:15 PM, Ranxerox said:

Oh, I was wondering who the new time bro was.

I had to look it up.  It's just something they have to fix next season because Zari was too good a character to be replaced.

Nice callback to the first villain they ever faced, Vandal Savage.

• 7 months later...
8 hours ago, Bazza said:

Anyone still watching Legends? 

Nah, I quit a couple years ago. 

I've only watched the crossovers and this last one pretty much killed that for me. 

I guess I've changed, or at least my tastes have.  The Arrow'verse and other DC shows have lost my interest.

Last year I gave up on Arrowverse except for Legends but caught up for the Crisis. It seems I’m going to take another break from it (maybe until next year). 

But, if others here are still watching Legends, I might continue as well. I still like Caity.