College Football 2018-19

Pariah

31 minutes ago, Pariah said:

And here we thought Army dropping 70 on Houston was ridiculous. Auburn is now leading Purdue 56-7 ... in the first half.

Yeah.  Weather decided that I needed to shop for the weekend today, rather than tomorrow...not that it's nice today but tomorrow may be nasty-ish, for us anyway.  So...after the usual goof off, go out, grab lunch, take care of the necessaries.  Get back, switch on the TV.  56-7.  OK, next game will be on soonish, right?

What...wait...15 seconds left in the FIRST half???  

The game stats are just UGLY.  400 yards on 36 plays.  Red zone pick and a pick-6.  Wow...

Probably still won't see a hundy, tho.  Sorry Badger.  Lead like this, Auburn's probably gonna just hammer the ball on the ground.  Largest margin of victory isn't even certain, Auburn defense may relax.  But that's much more likely than the hundy.

So what does everyone have on the menu for tomorrow???

Things start at 10 my time...and end around 10, give or take.  Several early bowls before the Big Games.

We're having a bit of snow today and more is predicted for tomorrow (which is why I did my shopping today)...so I gots me chili makings.  Good ground beef, onions, tomato, poblano chles, anaheim chiles, black beans, chili powders, and half of my last bottle of 2009 Stone Russian Imperial Stout.  Yummy.  The other half of the bottle will get poured with the 'dinner' bowl. :)

And yes, it could get repeated...albeit with a different beer...for New Year's Day.  :)  

6 hours ago, Badger said:

oh and to make Iuz happy.

Oklahoma seems to have scored 100 points the most times of any team, doing 5 times in a 4 year span (1915-18).

Of course the current incarnation of the Sooners might be more likely to give up 100.

This year, it could go either way. Score a hundred, give up a hundred, hard to say which will happen first.

Teams these days are actually encouraged by the media to keep it close. When OU hung 77-0 on TAMU, Bob Stoops looked bewildered. Was running it up the middle every play and still scoring. They even kept the clock running continuously to speed it up (by mutual consent). Didn't seem to matter.

And the press conference was all about his poor sportsmanship. Thought he'd blow a gasket. "What do you want me to do, take a knee on every play?"

Things can get out of hand in college football, they're still very young guys. Emotion is a huge part of the game. One or two bad plays can snowball out of control.

Edit: oh, and I'm rooting for Oklahoma. And Note Dame, because it'll be more fun to beat them in the title game.

I do not have high hopes for those outcomes, but you never know. OU has beaten Alabama before when they weren't supposed to. Not likely to be intimidated by the name, reputation, or uniform. We will see how it goes.

Basically, I'm crossing my fingers tonight. Would be thrilled if OU pulls this off.

Just going to appreciate the season that led to this evening. Second Heisman in a row, 4th Consecutive conference championship, beating Texas in the conference title game. Been a good year, really. Hard to criticise, however tonight turns out.

But damn, I want to win an 8th undisputed national championship. Let's do this.

fisticuffs-gif-8.gif.856d31fbc9830fcfdab0bb782b563faa.gif