College Football 2018-19

Pariah

5 hours ago, Cancer said:

Heh.  One of the buses carrying the Washington band rolled on the way to Pullman.  I can't tell from the material I can find which road they were on (there aren't many choices).

Yahoo! Sports is reporting that WSU's band learned the Washington fight song because the Husky marching band wouldn't be at the game. Nice gesture.

In Oregon, the Civil War turned out to be a bit underwhelming as heavy underdogs Oregon State barely put up a fight. The Beavers have gone through a lot of coaches over the decade, so is their current coach already on a short leash.

The state and the Pac-12 need Oregon State to be better -- so that they can at least compete with Oregon. I would like to see a conference where, on any given Saturday, every team is vulnerable. If there is a Playoff invite for a Pac-12 school, I want to see it earned. If they can do that without any particularly glaring violations, so much the better.

Surprisingly, Washington beat Washington State convincingly in sloppy conditions in Pullman, so they'll play for the Pac-12 title.

UW RB Miles Gaskin ran for 170 yards (including an 80-yard back-breaker TD), and became the first Pac-12 player in history to rush for at least 1,000 yards in four straight seasons.

On the tip my hat and acknowledge they have class (but as former faculty there I knew that), with the Husky band unable to play in Pullman after the bus accident en route, the Cougar band learned and performed the Washington fight song at halftime.

1 hour ago, Iuz the Evil said:

No question. The Flaeness would fall before my might.

You keep saying that, but it's still there.

I think you're Pinky, posting incognito.......

I abhor Ohio State this year cuz I think they sold their souls...but Jimmy Harebrained isn't exactly a favorite.  So, yeah, Michigan losing will be Just Fine, Thank You, as long as OSU doesn't make the playoffs.  Preferably by losing in the title game, but that seems against the odds.  (One never knows if they'll be flat, tho, after a win like that.)  

The bigger stunner could be going on right now on the Left Coast.  Still early 2nd quarter, but USC's up 10 on ND.  

59 minutes ago, unclevlad said:

You keep saying that, but it's still there.

I think you're Pinky, posting incognito.......

I keep saying that, because OU keeps winning. The 23-3 record under Lincoln Riley deprives me of righteous fury sufficient to bring down the walls of Greyhawk. It carries forward the mystic bindings of his predecessor (190-48, but a couple times I nearly broke free).

A loss to Texas in the Big XII title might do it though.

2 hours ago, Iuz the Evil said:

I keep saying that, because OU keeps winning. The 23-3 record under Lincoln Riley deprives me of righteous fury sufficient to bring down the walls of Greyhawk. It carries forward the mystic bindings of his predecessor (190-48, but a couple times I nearly broke free).

Definitely Pinky.  Yep.

STUPID Trojans can't do anything right.  Gahhhh....Notre Dame drives me up the wall...............and they'll be in the BCS for sure now.

13 hours ago, unclevlad said:

Definitely Pinky.  Yep.

STUPID Trojans can't do anything right.  Gahhhh....Notre Dame drives me up the wall...............and they'll be in the BCS for sure now.

You mean they're about to be demoted to Divison I-AA? That seems highly unlikely.

Although you have to wonder whether there are two de-facto divisions in the FBS (the former Division I is college football) between the Power Five (plus Notre Dame, who have so many rivalry games that they can't really give up their Independent status in football) and the less-well-off conferences who can hope for conference championship and bowl wins, but are effectively ineligible for the Playoff. Which is why we won't see UCF in the playoff, because even a one-loss Ohio State has the significant advantage of Big-10 membership and a theoretically stronger schedule. The panel remembers what happened in the old BCS days when schools like Northern Illinois would get into BCS games and get their you-know-whats kicked around the field. An undefeated UCF ain't gettin' in.