Happy No One Else Cares Day America !

death tribble

3 hours ago, Lord Liaden said:

Hey, when we fight off bears and moose while wading through waist-deep snow on our way to the hockey rink to stop pucks with our teeth, with our veins clogged from bacon and french-fries drenched in gravy and cheese, you think we're scared of wimpy American Black Friday retail crowds? :tonguewav

Yes, because I'd rather do the former.

12 minutes ago, Zeropoint said:

I normally make a point of not setting foot outside the house on Black Friday, but this year, I have Friday afternoon gaming with my gaming buddies to attend. I'm not entirely sure whether I like that, but at least I won't be going to any stores.

But, today? Today we feast!

I don't have the luxury of having 2 days in a row off.

For me, Thanksgiving means tofurkey with my sister's vegetarian family. >shudder< But there's pie afterward, so that's good.

In view of the warning about romaine lettuce contaminated with e. coli, I give thanks for the thousands of scorned and underpaid civil servants who keep us safe from more dangers than most of us can imagine. Gods bess the Deep State.

Dean Shomshak

I suspect (and it is purely suspicion on my part) that the recall was politically motivated, as the administration wants to punish the states producing romaine (this time of year, those are California and Arizona) for the Democratic party's gains in the recent election.

Happy Thanksgiving to the board. Last night the Turkey was excellent, but the meal was a bit of a wake, as Fred Patten passed away last week, and the group of us poured over his laptop, trying to find his last completed manuscript that was under contract. We found it. Still the company was good and so much fannish history to talk about. 

Yesterday's lunch:

Rice

Strip steak

Fried turkey

Stuffing

Mashed Potatoes

Yams

Green beans and bacon

Cranberry sauce

Pineapple

Biscuits

Pipikaula

Pumpkin pie

Custard pie

Pumpkin-pie-on-a-stick

Sugar cookies

M&M cookies

Cinnamon tortillas

Ice cream (vanilla)

Today's lunch:

Two spam musubis.

8 hours ago, DShomshak said:

For me, Thanksgiving means tofurkey with my sister's vegetarian family. >shudder< But there's pie afterward, so that's good.

In view of the warning about romaine lettuce contaminated with e. coli, I give thanks for the thousands of scorned and underpaid civil servants who keep us safe from more dangers than most of us can imagine. Gods bess the Deep State.

Dean Shomshak

If someone ever tries to serve me tofu turkey, I am throwing it at them.