Let's finish up a character using CCC w/the expansion

Beast

I put all the powers into the suit so the cost is 369pts
I swapped well off for filthy rich and lowered the vehicle/base to 50 pts
Post what you think the last 31 points should go for

also this was a random draw only tossing card that did not fit well with the Strong archtype

Powered armor suit

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

65 STR 20 22- Lift 204.8tons; 13d6 [6]

15 DEX 10 12- OCV: 5/DCV: 5

30 CON 10 15-

10 INT 0 11- PER Roll 11-

10 EGO 0 11- ECV: 3 - 3

15 PRE 5 12- PRE Attack: 3d6

5 OCV 10

5 DCV 10

3 OMCV 0

3 DMCV 0

4 SPD 20 Phases: 3, 6, 9, 12

23+15 PD 18 Total: 23/38 PD (0/15 rPD)

17+15 ED 13 Total: 17/32 ED (0/15 rED)

15 REC 11

60 END 8

15 BODY 5

40 STUN 10 Total Characteristic Cost: 150

Movement: Running: 12m/24m

Flight: 40m/80m

Leaping: 4m/8m

Swimming: 4m/8m

Cost Powers END

Powered Armor Suit, all slots OIF (-½)

30 1) Armor: Resistant Protection (15 PD/15 ED) (45 Active Points); OIF (-½) 0

13 2) Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 25%, Hardened (+¼) (19 Active Points) 0

13 3) Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 25%, Hardened (+¼) (19 Active Points) 0

7 4) Mental Damage Reduction, 25% (10 Active Points) 0

27 5) Jet Boots: Flight 40m (40 Active Points); OIF (-½) 4

7 6) High Range Radio Perception (Radio Group) (12 Active Points); OIF (-½), Limited Power Effected as a sight and hearing group as well as Radio Group (-¼) 0

27 7) Blaster: Blast 8d6 (40 Active Points); OIF (-½) 4

36 ? Self Healer: Healing BODY 7d6+1 (73 Active Points); Limited Power Self Only (-½) 7

17 9) +25 STR (25 Active Points); OIF (-½) 2

7 10) +10 STR (10 Active Points) 1

7 11) +10 CON (10 Active Points)

2 12) +3 PD (3 Active Points)

1 13) +2 ED (2 Active Points)

Perks

10 Vehicles

15 Money: Filthy Rich

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 219

Total Cost: 369

400+ Matching Complications

20 Accidental Change: Powers Sometimes Come On Accidentally 14- (Common)

20 Physical Complication: Doesn't know his own strength. (Accidentally applies casual STR to delicate items unless he succeeds with a DEX roll) (All the Time; Barely Impairing)

25 Unluck: 5d6

Total Complications Points: 369

DSCF0235.JPG

DSCF1001.JPG

19 hrs and 44 views and no comments?????????????

this is a character drawn at random using the brand spanking Champions Character Creation Cards + the expansion
So lets see some comments,possible origin, monkey/modifie with what was drawn,etc........

1 hour ago, Theron said:

Well, I don't see ANYTHING in the way of Skills. None. Given his complications, I would be tempted to make the "power armor" mystical in nature and not entirely understood by the wearer. So, some familiarity with the occult, some basic social skills, maybe some CSLs.

that works a bit better than trying to do a tony stark

2 hours ago, Duke Bushido said:

I'd love to help you, but I've got no idea how the cards are even set up (for example: is there _one_ card that has THREE categories of Damage Reduction?!), so input I could offer is pretty well useless.

1 you choose or randomly select a characteristics card(strong ,dexterous,smart,etc....(this card is worth 150 pts aprox

2 decide how to split up the remaining 250 pts for a standard character of 400pts(I choose 1x100pt 2x 50pt and 2x 25pts cards

I choose the Strong Character card
I started pulling 100 pt cards till I got 1 with the strong icon
the same for the 2 x 50 pt cards
on the 2 x 25pt cards 1 was strong the second was money and cars(not a strong card),but I felt it could work out
I then opened HD and loaded the prefabs for CCCC and the expansion ,and applied them

3 hours ago, Amorkca said:

I didn't know if you wanted us to use the cards as the basis for this addition - mine haven't arrived yet...

yes use the cards I drew to build something
Theron came up with the power suit being magical
as the 2x 50pt and 1 of the 25pt card where powers that could be part of the suit I added them in so there are 31pts left unspent to play with

I've been fiddling around with my copy. The good news is that my first attempt at semi-randomly creating a character required only minor tweaking to bring it in at 400 points. The bad news is that it didn't result in a viable character (weak defenses, limited mobility, questionable CV). Building a second version helped some, but it required a lot more fiddling, and it still has a low CV.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that the cards are some help, but they might work best if you follow their guidelines (I wasn't).

Laserbot.hdc

Laserbot Mk ii.hdc

Yeah mine as you can see has a 5 dcv and ocv had I not put the other powers in the powered armor suit
he is a tank that can  dish out damage and take it, but vs a character with above 6 in dcv he will need lots of large objects for the added OCV bonus

1 hour ago, Ninja-Bear said:

Beast how are the other cards in CV? Since 6th OCV and DCV don’t have to match, having a 5OCV isn’t the end of the world if you keep the rest of everyone’s DCV low-which can be. 

Most of them are low-ish - 5-6, except for the, "Dextrous" base (CV 8). A martial arts build ("Dextrous," "Comic Book Ninja") will have a real CV advantage.

Well as Theron said, he has NO skills, so you need to come up with a background and some sort of skill set. 

Also someone suggested Magi-tech.  I would instead take the idea of alien tech.  He's the descendant of aliens and humans.  Remnants of their base picked up on his genetic signature, teleported him in gave him the suit.  (this is an idea I am borrowing from M&M Atlas of the World).  Thus you can give him a very rudimentry base, and a skill set that is not tied to the suit at all (In AotW he was a teen-aged student).  But this leaves a lot of room to grow and expand!

On 11/25/2018 at 5:13 PM, IndianaJoe3 said:

Here's my attempt at a ninja. (Sorry for the stupid name.) His defenses aren't great but his OCV and DCV are ridiculous. He can maintain a 10 OCV/DCV in combat, and his DCV can get up to 18 if he shifts all his levels into defense and Dodges. And he can go Invisible, too.

ninjaface.hdc

For those of use looking at this on a computer without HD, a Word version would be nice as well!

1 hour ago, IndianaJoe3 said:

I don't have Word, so here's a PDF.

Actually HD will pretty much use any program that can use rtf files
I get my outputs via Open Office(and that is free)

for the most part CCCC does not do background skills
the skill sets are either Detectives,Scientists and Inventors

• 3 weeks later...

Got my cards 2 days ago and pulled them out with my Champs group; we made characters in about 2-3 minutes just randomly pulling cards from the deck.  We did not verify that the cards were for any specific build type.

Most characters worked out fairly nicely.  I couldn't figure out how to input them through HD.  

Is there somewhere that explains how you add in the HD files for Hero Designer?

CCCC-SK01.JPG

CCCC-SK02.JPG