Best New Super Mentor Tournament - Round 1

For the Best New Super Mentor Tournament, each person will submit 2 entries of a comic book character that they would like to see take on a new sidekick. (They don't have to have had a sidekick before) Once there are enough entries, I will post match ups, and you the voters will decide which would be the Best New Super Mentor. Anyone can participate.

Round 1 Match-Ups

Atom (Ray Palmer) (6) OR Booster Gold (10)

Colossus (1) OR Luke Cage (5)

Deadpool (3) OR Lockjaw (7)

Groo, the Wanderer (3) OR The Tick (8)

Hercules (Marvel) (8) OR Silver Surfer (2)

Kitty Pryde (9) OR XS (4)

Nightwing (5) OR Starfire (9)

Phantom Stranger (1) OR The Question (2)

Raven (4) OR Monica Rambeau (6)

Spider-Gwen (10) OR Krypto (7)

1 hour ago, Logan.1179 said:

Atom (Ray Palmer)

Luke Cage (5)

Deadpool

The Tick (8)

Hercules (Marvel)

Kitty Pryde

Nightwing (5)

Phantom Stranger (1)
Raven (4)

Krypto (7)

Not even I can vote Groo over The Tick.  Wish I'd thought of him first.

Booster Gold  - One of my favorite characters of all time: the purpose of gaining superpowers is to become rich, famous, and (not incidentally) babes. Would love to see him doing his normal get-rich-quick schemes with the trainee looking on in horror.

Colossus - I like the earnest version of Colossus from the Deadpool movies (which you sometimes see in the comics). He desperately wants to instill a sense of heroism in a trainee. But almost any set of powers would allow a trainee access to efficient shortcuts which are less than heroic....

Deadpool  - Obviously

Groo, the Wanderer  - Completely epic. I could see Groo as the mentor who goes through a new trainee a week since the trainees can't keep up....

Hercules (Marvel)  - I want to see an Olympian party animal "have at thee". I could see the person being mentored as being the mature one in the relationship, the one who's trying to reign in the mentor and try to not solve every problem with his fists.

XS  - How do you mentor when it's literally faster to take care of the problem yourself?

Starfire  - Alien princess fan service

The Question  - I loved his portrayal as a conspiracy theorist in the Justice League series.

Raven  - Considering her struggles early in her career, I'd like to see her in a mentor role to a young magical hero.

Spider-Gwen  - I don't think her potential has been tapped, nor has she.

17 minutes ago, Cancer said:

Not even I can vote Groo over The Tick.  Wish I'd thought of him first.

Tick is awesome but I went with Groo because Tick has already had the perfect Mentor/Sidekick relationship.  Same reason I didn't vote Hercules (he had Amadeus Cho).

11 hours ago, Starlord said:

Tick is awesome but I went with Groo because Tick has already had the perfect Mentor/Sidekick relationship.  Same reason I didn't vote Hercules (he had Amadeus Cho).

Amadeus Cho was so forgettable that I forgot about him.

On 3/4/2019 at 8:58 AM, Logan.1179 said:

For the Best New Super Mentor Tournament, each person will submit 2 entries of a comic book character that they would like to see take on a new sidekick. (They don't have to have had a sidekick before) Once there are enough entries, I will post match ups, and you the voters will decide which would be the Best New Super Mentor. Anyone can participate.

Round 1 Match-Ups

Atom (Ray Palmer) (6) OR Booster Gold (10)

Colossus (1) OR Luke Cage (5)

Deadpool (3) OR Lockjaw (7)

Groo, the Wanderer (3) OR The Tick (8)

Hercules (Marvel) (8) OR Silver Surfer (2)

Kitty Pryde (9) OR XS (4)

Nightwing (5) OR Starfire (9)

Phantom Stranger (1) OR The Question (2)

Raven (4) OR Monica Rambeau (6)

Spider-Gwen (10) OR Krypto (7)

If I'm not too  late:

• Atom
  • Colossus
  • Lockjaw
  • Groo
  • Hercules
  • Kitty
  • Starfire
  • The Question
  • Monica Rambeau