Drain Stun, does Body

Tech

I'm looking to create a Stun Drain that causes body damage. In this case, if you don't have Power Defense, you'll take some Body from it.

beta example:  3d6 Drain Stun is rolled. a 3, 4, 4 is rolled. 11 Stun is ordinarily drained but for this power, 3 Body would be taken by opponent.

The 'Does Body' advantage doesn't totally work because the opponent gets to resist it with normal PD or ED. AVAD doesn't cover it because a Drain already is a AVAD power. So, I'm probably missing something but don't have time to really develop this power right now, so I'm asking for your suggestions.

3d6 Blast AVAD (Power Defense)? Alternatively you could add a -1/2 limitation that the Body portion is all or nothing if the taking Body part is supposed to work that way for this power.

Or if you are specifically looking to use the return mechanics of Drain, then do a Stun Drain with a linked Body Drain. As a GM I would probably tell you to buy it at 2d6 Body for every 3d6 of Stun drain and then just count the Body dice of the Stun Drain (math is not exact but it is close enough for me for the utility).

Or link a AVAD Blast, Body Only (-1/2) for the same dice as the Drain. I think the price works out close to the 3/2 scheme above. 

- E

Edited by eepjr24
Added another option. And another.

41 minutes ago, Grailknight said:

Why not do a Drain that does Stun and Body simultaneously?  It is slightly more lethal than the OP power suggestion but is the simplest way by RAW.

I like this better than my original alternatives. Like so:

3d6 Stun Drain (30 AP) Plus Naked Expanded Effect (+1/2) on 2d6 to add Body (10 AP), 40 AP total. Again, I would hand wave the minor differences in the way they work (technically this would always do 1 Body minimum unlike the original request which would do 3 stun and 0 body if you roll three ones).

- E

21 hours ago, eepjr24 said:

I like this better than my original alternatives. Like so:

3d6 Stun Drain (30 AP) Plus Naked Expanded Effect (+1/2) on 2d6 to add Body (10 AP), 40 AP total. Again, I would hand wave the minor differences in the way they work (technically this would always do 1 Body minimum unlike the original request which would do 3 stun and 0 body if you roll three ones).

A 3d6 STUN drain will roll an average of 10.5 STUN (as STUN is a defensive power, so Drain is half as effective).  2d6 BOD drain will average 3.5 BOD, or 3 BOD if we gave it Standard Effect (roll of 7 or 6, halved because BOD is defensive).  I'd allow 3d6 STUN drain which counts BOD like a normal attack for the price of a 3d6 STUN drain, 2d6 with the advantage to affect a second characteristic (BOD).  I'd allow the player can roll 3d6 for STUN and 2d6 for BOD, or link the two, rolling 3d6 and counting BOD the same as a normal attack counts STUN and BOD. The differing BOD count is comparable to standard effect, in my view.  The BOD recovers under the Drain rules, so it's a lot faster recovering than  doing BOD damage (whether from a normal attack or an AVAD that Does BOD.