What would your powers be in the Hero System?

Thing is, I once made I character sheet for myself. I built myself with 28 INT and the following powers. 

My main powers contained a MultiFlash that affects Mental Defense (I mess with people's minds to destroy their sensory abilities). I also had the power to be able to tell a perfect lie. Lastly, I had the ability to use my mind to be able to hack into any electronic device.

So,

Super Smart

MultiFlash

Perfect Lies

Hack Into Electronics With Mind

• Life Support vs. Aging
  • Regeneration with Regrow Limbs and Resurrection adders
  • Some amounts of resistant defenses (PD, ED, Flash, Power, Mental)
  • Mind Link with Computers
  • Extradimensional Movement (Leaves Physical Body Behind), to Cyberspace.
  • Transform: Computer Storage to Copy Of Own Memories

The condition from which I won't recover from is heat death of the universe (if I can talk the GM into it) or scattering of atoms (which IIRC was a common condition in a lot of Marvel characters with regeneration).  Also with a Limitation to the effect that Regeneration is halted (but not prevented) by cold temperatures.  

Then I cut off a limb and keep it in cold storage.  :)   And keep regular backup copies of my mind.  

Recently I am hoping for a superpower that is decidedly dark. Too many people in Europe recently deny the Holocaust. Or that Vaccination is nessesary. Or that slavery was bad. Or that feminism is a nessesary thing (as long as not taken to extremes).

I want to transform them so they would fit precetly as victim of that time (jew, black, people suffering from a pandemic, women). And then send them back to the time they believe was full of "gumdrops and icecream". The power would pull them back just before they are about to die/get raped/similar horrible stuff.

As I see it, two powers. Possibly linked:

"You fit right in..." would be a Transform. It would change the looks, clothing and ability to speak to fit right in as a victim of that time.

"...now go there" would send them back to that time to experience how wrong they were firsthand.

Many here would go for Movement, UAA (especially EDM, UAA) but I am not a friend of that. I feel like a Transform could do that as well (the reasoning is that time/space/dimension coordinates are about as important as not being a frog or a stone statue).

Mental Illusions gets you there faster and easier.

• Life Support vs. Aging
  • Regeneration with Regrow Limbs and Resurrection adders
  • Some amounts of resistant defenses (PD, ED, Flash, Power, Mental)
  • Mind Link with Computers
  • Extradimensional Movement (Leaves Physical Body Behind), to Cyberspace.
  • Transform: Computer Storage to Copy Of Own Memories

The condition from which I won't recover from is heat death of the universe (if I can talk the GM into it) or scattering of atoms (which IIRC was a common condition in a lot of Marvel characters with regeneration). Also with a Limitation to the effect that Regeneration is halted (but not prevented) by cold temperatures.

Then I cut off a limb and keep it in cold storage. :) And keep regular backup copies of my mind. </p>

This. Exactly this.

Only in a world where everyone died exclusively of old age.  As in, not this one.

Nah, in this one only most people die of old age.  Not all, but most.  But that's not good enough in your book, I suppose.

​For fun, I'll even support that claim using some US statistics, despite the digression it entails:

----

For US statistics on life expectancy, let's look to an authoritative source like the National Center for Health Statistics (https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/index.htm), which has published a table of life expectancies by age, race, and gender (https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr59/nvsr59_09.pdf).  In Table C. Number of survivors by age, out of 100,000 born alive, by race, sex, and age: United States, 2007, we see that, for every 100,000 people who were born 65 years ago, 83,587 are still alive.  Put another way, the odds of still being alive at age 65 are 83.6% ... and the odds of dying before age 65 are a paltry 16.4%.

​So yea, in this world chances are high that living forever is the opposite side of the coin which has not dying of old age on the other side... since most people clearly aren't dying from car accidents, diseases that take them in their youth, etc.

I rest my case. :)

Most of you people want to live forever.  How boring and unoriginal...

I don't know about you but Ashildr, on Dr. Who has an interesting immortality in that she only remembers the last 100+ years or so.

When I was younger, I thought Superspeed would be fun except now I think the world would end up being incredibly slow and aggravating to me.  I thought about telepathy but having gained some wisdom and clarity on they way people act, I don't think I would even want to be in their heads anymore.   

But that's not good enough in your book, I suppose.

I'm not sure the point you're trying to make here.  I want immortality not to live forever, but to not grow old.  That's all life support vs aging does, it doesn't make you never die.  It makes you never grow old.  That's the power.  There are many, many ways to die other than old age, and one of them will eventually get someone who does not age.  You just don't get decrepit and broken down, which seems like a pretty good ability to have.

But then, when you're young the idea is entirely abstract and you don't know what aging is really like.  Yet.

Speaking of other ways to die... I was quite bemused when I read the section on solar radiation damage (I think it might have been in Star Hero, but I can't remember now), and calculated backwards from it to deduce that an average human suffering from an average amount of daily solar radiation listed would die in about 90 years.

But then, when you're young the idea is entirely abstract and you don't know what aging is really like.  Yet.

Sadly, I know what aging is really like.  There I days I wish that wasn't the case, but you know, my aches and pains and creaks and such are minor compared to those with more years than me ... and they complain little, so I try not to complain, at all.

Someone want to scope out the power for Dr. Manhattan for me.  Those are the super powers I want right now. 

If I can't have that then...

Mind Scan - Capable of finding someone anywhere in the world and then be able to use my other mental powers on them

Mind Control

Telepathy

Mental Illusions

Transform to perform permanent 'mental surgery' (mind control)

LS:  200 to 500 years of life

Full Regeneration

• 3 months later...

Mine would come from me being an aquatic brick and a humanoid hammerhead shark.  This is based on my character Oannes who got turned into a humanoid hammer shark.  He was a test tube baby.  He test subject for Project X-95.  Project X-95 was trying to create Homo Aquaticus, humans that can breathe underwater without the use of SCUBA gear.

STR 60

DEX 20

CON 25

INT 25

OCV 9

DCV 9

SPD 6

PD 20

ED 20

REC 20

END 80

BODY 25

STUN 80

Underwater Adaptions:  Life Support  (Expanded Breathing; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in Intense Cold)

Underwater Eyes:  Nightvision

Dense Flesh:  Resistant (+1/2) for up to 40 Active Points of 20 PD/20 ED (20 Active Points)

Jaws:  Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 1 1/2d6 (5 1/2d6 w/STR)

Dermal Denticles:  Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 1 point (2d6 w/STR), Area Of Effect (1m Radius; +1/4), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4), Persistent (+1/4), Inherent (+1/4*), Constant (+1/2) (12 Active Points); Always On (-1/2)

Regenerative Healing Factor:  Regeneration (1 BODY per Minute), Can Heal Limbs

Nictitating Membrane:  Sight Group Flash Defense

Long Lifespan:  Life Support  (Longevity: 1600 Years)

Super-Swimming:  Swimming +50m (54m total)

Eidetic Memory (Sight, Smell/Taste And Hearing Groups)

Aquatic Strength:  +20 STR (20 Active Points); Conditional Power Power Only Works In Water

Aqua-Vitality:  Endurance Reserve  (200 END, 14 REC); REC: Limited Recovery (only when in water)

Strength Of The Deep:  Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) for up to 80 Active Points of 80 STR

Friend To All Sea Life:  Animal Friendship; Sea Animals Only

Shark Based Senses

Electrosense:  Detect Bioelectrical Fields A Class Of Things 12-/15- (Unusual Group), Sense, Targeting

Shark's Nose:  +3 PER with Smell/Taste Group

Shark's Nose:  Tracking with Normal Smell plus Targeting with Normal Smell

Lateral Line Sense:  Detect Physical Vibrations A Large Class Of Things 12-/15- (Touch Group), Discriminatory, Analyze, Range, Targeting

Shark's Eyes:  Increased Arc Of Perception (240 Degrees) with Sight Group

Navigator Supreme:  Bump Of Direction

Underwater Combatant:  Environmental Movement (no penalties in water)

Underwater Combatant:  Lightning Reflexes (+10 DEX to act first with All Actions) (10 Active Points); Conditional Power Power Only Works In Water

Most of you people want to live forever.  How boring and unoriginal...

I put I wanted to live 1,600 years.  Is that better than being ageless?

With me living for 1,600 years I could possibly map out all of the oceans and sea life in the oceans.  With me having Eidetic Memory (Sight, Smell/Taste And Hearing Groups) I would never forget what I saw when mapping out the oceans and sea life in the oceans which would a be plus and would be a great help to people who study the oceans and the sea life in oceans.  I would think that living forever might get boring after some time.