The Muerte Files

tiger

Just wanted to start a new thread dedicated to the future product Muerte Files. It will be a POD project the included all released material by Tiger Paw Press. The material will be re-edited and include new material.

Look at my notes there will be a new villain team called the Reapers that are connected to TI, as well as the Conquistadors from TPP VC II. There will be two adventures plus other adventure hooks. Two places of interest on San Muerte, as well as some important people linked to them.

More on the secrets of Muerte discussed in Villainy Codex II. Still considering other additions as well. Will come with a wrap around cover by John Becaro, as well as included art by Becaro, Storm Cook and Peter Saga.

Feel free to give and ideas or suggestions you may have.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, tiger said:

Here's a sample of a few pages

Out of curiosity, Tiger, what are you using to layout your books? If I could give a few pointers about the preview?

• I would avoid excessive backgrounds. Particularly when you have text in front of it. It's a bit hard to read in most cases. 
  • Stick to a single font size for the book. Having some stuff at 10pts, then 12pts for something else, and 16pts for another gives it some inconsistency. 
  • The spacing with some of your images are a bit tight, particularly on page 16. You should have a bit more buffer space inserted there. 

14 hours ago, Sketchpad said:

Out of curiosity, Tiger, what are you using to layout your books? If I could give a few pointers about the preview?

• I would avoid excessive backgrounds. Particularly when you have text in front of it. It's a bit hard to read in most cases. 
  • Stick to a single font size for the book. Having some stuff at 10pts, then 12pts for something else, and 16pts for another gives it some inconsistency. 
  • The spacing with some of your images are a bit tight, particularly on page 16. You should have a bit more buffer space inserted there. 

I've moved the image, I try to leave a space and didn't realize that was so close

All the headers are one font size and the base text another. I did find some headers that were the wrong size and fixed it.

The background doesn't make the text hard to read int he test PDF, though it kinda does in the jpgs. I've lightened the background to make sure the text is easy to read.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

As far as I can tell, The Reapers are a new group, grouped as latant mutants which have their mutant powers activated by wicked scientists sponsored by Muerte. It should be noted that neither the Reapers nor the Conquerors are directly controlled by Muerte/Terror Incorporated, and I think that the Reapers don't even know that Muerte is involved in their orgins. 

In theory if Muerte ever wished to increase the supervillain numbers of Terror Incorporated further, he simply has to appear and incorporat Conquerors or/and Reapers into the group. But then...you have to deal with a combat with woah so many members in combat (and defeats the whole point to both groups, having both groups being the groups to send out to do Muerte's will without letting the entire world know the group is still alive).

New "member" idea

El Caro Rojo (The Red Face)

A luchador originally from San Muerte, he was banned from the sport after being caught using banned substances. He went home and joined the Pero Nigro...let's call them Black Dogs for now. Rising up in the organization, he was chosen by Black Dog leadership to be experimented on to increase his strength and made virtually bulletproof. He is considered a higher up in the organization, not exactly knowing or caring that he works for Terror Incorporated and Muerte. He is one of three characters who are above the Pero agents, but below Sabot and Poignard.

Also, he gets his name from the nasty habit of cutting off faces of his captives, turning the faces into leather luchador masks, then painting them red in a special persivitave paint. Then wearing the faces in combat.

• 3 weeks later...