"We´ve seen their faces, but who are they?!"

L. Marcus

Re: "We´ve seen their faces, but who are they?!"

Originally posted by L. Marcus

I was just wondering . . . Has anyone ever done a write-up (in HERO, of course) of their avatar? There are some that I´d really like to see . . . `Specially lemming. :)

Hmm, did have a super lemming written up for some odd arena combat once. Very tough, lots of superleap, and levels with dive for cover. (In order to dive in the way of blows)

zornwil uses a picture of one of his villians as his avatar, but I think there are some discrepancies. ;)

Here's mine... (If you aren't familiar with the Knights of the Dinner Table comic, it won't make much sense. Head over to http://www.kenzerco.com to see what it's all about. :) )- DerekBrian Van HoosePlayer:

Val Char Cost
13 STR 3
9 DEX -3
13 CON 6
11 BODY 2
18 INT 8
11 EGO 2
5/15 PRE -5
8 COM -1
3 PD 0
3 ED 0
2 SPD 1
6 REC 0
26 END 0
25 STUN 0
6" RUN02" SWIM02 1/2" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 13
Cost Power END
2 +5 STR; Only When Enraged (-1) 1
8 +10 PRE; Cannot Be Used To Resist Females If They're Using Their "Feminine Wiles" In Even The Slightest Degree (-1/4)
Powers Cost: 10
Cost Skill
3 Computer Programming 13-
8 KS: HackMaster and Associated Games (CattlePunk, SpaceHack, Heroes and Zeroes, etc.) 18-
5 PS: Gaming Miniatures Painter 13-
3 Tactics 15-; Only Within RPGs - Not In Real Life (-1)
Skills Cost: 19
Cost Talent
2 Eidetic Memory; Only For Recalling Obscure RPG Info (-1)
1 Lightning Calculator; Only For Calculating RPG Numbers (Attack rolls, modifier totals, etc.) (-1)
Talents Cost: 3
Val Disadvantages
15 Enraged: When Taboo Topics Are Brought Up (Uncommon), go 11-, recover 11-
5 Physical Limitation: Obese (Infrequently, Slightly Impairing)
10 Psychological Limitation: Greedy (Uncommon, Strong)
10 Psychological Limitation: Obsessed With Gaming (Common, Moderate)
5 Social Limitation: Utterly Inept In Romantic Matters (Occasionally, Minor)
Disadvantage Points: 45

Base Points: 0Experience Required: 0Total Experience Available: 0Experience Unspent: 0Total Character Cost: 45

Height: 1.86 m Hair: Brown
Weight: 125.00 kg Eyes: Brown
Appearance: See avatar.Personality: "The Big Guy" is the ultimate rules lawyer. If it's in the rules, it can be done and he'll do it. Of the three mad hack-n-slashers at B.A. Felton's table, Brian is the most likely to break ranks on occasion and go along with Sara on a role-playing issue. However, this is usually for some metagame tactical reason rather than true role-playing, much to Sara's dismay. The only thing that approaches his love of gaming is his profound greed. He's perfectly willing to take ruthless advantage of even his closest friends if it means he might make a buck. Surprisingly, he does have a sentimental side, with a particular soft spot for animals.Quote:"Fireball comin' online, B.A.!" Background: Brian Van Hoose is a man of mystery. He was once a HackMaster GM, but hung up the shield years ago under circumstances of whom no one speaks. His unease around the fairer sex is legendary, and mentioning his make-believe girlfriend "Alexis" is sure to result in a black eye or flipped table. The content of his briefcase is the target of much speculation, as no one has ever gotten a clear look inside. All that's known for sure is that it contains gaming books he almost never needs to consult, blank character sheets that he sells his friends at outrageous prices, and snacks that he rarely shares (and then, again, only at an enormous profit). He lives alone in the house he inherited from his parents, and gets by selling painted minis and other paraphernalia on HackBay, as well as running a for-profit internet site.Powers/Tactics: Brian is one of the world's leading experts on HackMaster. He uses his encyclopedic knowledge to make B.A. Felton's life a living hell. He's also a phenomenal RPG tactician, snatching victory from the jaws of defeat for "The Untouchable Trio plus One" time and time again. In real life, he's a big guy who can do some damage when angered, but he doesn't appear to have any particular skill in combat.Campaign Use: Egads! You wouldn't want to *use* him in a campaign! :)

Originally posted by yamamura

I don't dare make Sadako (from the original Ring). If I did everyone who read the character would have to copy it and pass it on or die in seven days. Then suddenly she would be on every web site on the web and I would of brought on the end of the world. :)

G

Oooo, haven´t seen either version . . . Yet. I´m giving the japanese version to my older little brother, and the Hollywood version to my younger little brother . . . Scare fest come Christmas Night! :D

Originally posted by L. Marcus

I was just wondering . . . Has anyone ever done a write-up (in HERO, of course) of their avatar? There are some that I´d really like to see . . . `Specially lemming. :)

Easy. Take Takofanes. Add 10 points of Com. Add 50 points to his VPP. Add KS: Rap Music 15- Change some of his disads. That's pretty close.

D

My Avatar is Rat Man, an "Hero" created by an italian artist (i'll call him "The Master" :) :)) Leo Ortolani (see the official site) very very comical (marvel style, and mocking...) but unluckily (for you :)) not available in an english version

I think is near impossible to create this "hero" powers... but i'll try, asap...

Blue Bomber Blues

I would do a writeup of Mega Man but when you consider that there have been (as I recall) eight Mega Man titles, seven Mega Man X titles, two Mega Man Legends titles, two Mega Man Zero titles, Mega Man and Bass as well his appearance in countless other Capcom titles, it would be quite an undertaking. His powers are different in every game. :eek:

His Multipowers would be kinda cool though. :D

Re: Re: "We´ve seen their faces, but who are they?!"

Originally posted by Dr Divago

My Avatar is Rat Man, an "Hero" created by an italian artist (i'll call him "The Master" :) :)) Leo Ortolani (see the official site) very very comical (marvel style, and mocking...) but unluckily (for you :)) not available in an english version

I think is near impossible to create this "hero" powers... but i'll try, asap...

Powers? Ratman is definitely and Incompetent character, likely in the -100 range. He's got a mile-high pile of Psych Lims, cartloads of Unluck, and a few nasty Hunteds (Cinzia). I guess his physical stats average around 5, and his mental stats might be even lower.

Oddly enough, if you remove all comedic elements from Ratman's yarns, you can see that at their core lies an exceedingly grim and compelling story. It's a pessimist's word, drenched in frantically funny jokes.

Hey Ben, Im almost in the same boat your in statting out my avatar...but Im so tempted to do it. Unfortunately Im flying out of town at o-dark-thirty tomorrow morning so it wont be until after Christmas that I try to do it. In the mean time if anyone can give me some ideas for what should go in to statting up ol Wile E. Coyote Id love to hear them.

Obviously he is going to have contacts :ACME Co. (very useful resources), A monster variable gadget pool, healing from death, perk:ACME card carrying certified genius, a gob o'skills, and what else? I know there's plenty Im not thinking of here and thats not even counting the psych. lims. :D Well I'll have to put some thought into it and see what everybody else comes up with on here.

Mine is actually the trademark symbol for my hacker character Audra Blue who is an active NPC in the game I am running. I can't put it up here in case my players show up.

Now if we're asking for write-ups of avatars, I'd be afraid to know what the superpower is of Starlord's NEW avatar.

Re: Re: "We´ve seen their faces, but who are they?!"

Originally posted by lemming

Hmm, did have a super lemming written up for some odd arena combat once. Very tough, lots of superleap, and levels with dive for cover. (In order to dive in the way of blows)

zornwil uses a picture of one of his villians as his avatar, but I think there are some discrepancies. ;)

Yeah, my Lizard King villain NPC is a more serious character than I've "played" my avatar online. Solomon, if you're interested, I could submit the write-up but I'm not sure it's exactly what you're thinking about, dunno for sure.

Whoops, I shouldn't actually post it as my players would see it. Sorry Solomon. Lizard King in my game will probably grow to be an ongoing character so I need to keep his writeup "hidden" for now.

My avatar is a pallete-swap of Monica from Romancing SaGa 3, picked out for her resemblance to me. Thus, a writeup of my avatar would also be a writeup of myself, a notion I've only toyed with. (Running sold back to 5", but +2" Running, Non-Combat Movement Only, x2 END Cost is the only thing that sticks out in my mind. EDIT: Oh yes -- +5 PRE, Only Via the Internet. Don't ask me why, but it seems to be true and others have observed the same...)

Originally posted by Ben Seeman

His powers are different in every game. :eek:

That's called a VPP, Ben. ;) Though also keep in mind that we're talking about four different characters here (I don't count Zero as a Mega Man); considering that your avatar is X, I'd expect him to be the one you wrote up. ...Too bad he'd probably also be the hardest. -- Pteryx

Originally posted by WilyQuixote

Hey Ben, Im almost in the same boat your in statting out my avatar...but Im so tempted to do it. Unfortunately Im flying out of town at o-dark-thirty tomorrow morning so it wont be until after Christmas that I try to do it. In the mean time if anyone can give me some ideas for what should go in to statting up ol Wile E. Coyote Id love to hear them.

Obviously he is going to have contacts :ACME Co. (very useful resources), A monster variable gadget pool, healing from death, perk:ACME card carrying certified genius, a gob o'skills, and what else? I know there's plenty Im not thinking of here and thats not even counting the psych. lims. :D Well I'll have to put some thought into it and see what everybody else comes up with on here.

I think that you could fit in at least 5d6 Unluck . . . That poor, poor Coyote. All that rigorous planning for nought! :D

Re: Re: Re: "We´ve seen their faces, but who are they?!"

Originally posted by Solomon

Powers? Ratman is definitely and Incompetent character, likely in the -100 range. He's got a mile-high pile of Psych Lims, cartloads of Unluck, and a few nasty Hunteds (Cinzia). I guess his physical stats average around 5, and his mental stats might be even lower.

LOL

it's True :) :) :)

Amazing-Man

My little avatar is of the golden-age character Amazing Man from Centaur Comics.

Amazing Man

Characteristics

Disadvantages

75 STR 65

18 DEX 24

33 CON 46

25 BOD 30

18 INT 8

14 EGO 8

25 PRE 15

12 COM 1

25 PD 10

20 ED 13

4 SPD 12

22 REC -

66 END -

80 STN -

= 232

15 Secret ID: John Aman

55 Protectors Disads

25 Berserk: In combat 8/8

20 Psych: Violent mood swings

15 Psych: No reluctance to kill

15 Psych: Either dedicated to fighting the Great Question, or Loyal to Great Question

10 Rivalry: Man of War (superior)

5 Rivalry: Ferret Ferret doesn't have a Rivalry with Amazing Man, but A-Man is enough of a jerk to carry on a one-sided rivalry.

10 Reputation: Prone to violence, extreme, 8-

10 DNPC: Wife (Normal 70 year old) 8-

105 Experience (40 years worth)

= 285

Powers30 Mystic Multipower

3u 15" Flight

3u 15" Teleport

30 1/4 resistant damage reduction, PD and ED

3 Immortal (ages at vastly reduced rate, is 73 but looks 30)

10 1 BOD Regeneration

10 Wealthy

10 +2 in HTH combat

5 KS: Occult 14-

3 World Traveler

10 Various AKs, including NYC

2 Contact: Either the Great Question (if he is the traitor) or the Council of Seven (if he isn't) 11-

10 Various unrevealed skills picked up over a 70+ year life

24 Protectors Package

= 153 (Total: 385 character points, 285 in disadvantages)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"In 1920, an orphaned infant was brought to a secret fortress hidden high in the mountains of Tibet. This was the home base of a mysterious group of mystics who were known as the Council of Seven. While raising the child, the mystics used their arcane knowledge to endow the boy with powers beyond the ordinary. When he reached adulthood, they bequeathed to him a great fortune and sent him to America. Upon arriving in this country in the late 1930's, John Aman set himself up in New York City. Such was the fortune endowed upon him by his mentors that he never needed to hold a job -- other than the one he was destined to have, that of Amazing Man." - Protectors Handbook

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Write-up copyright © 1995 by Dave Van Domelen (dvandom@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu); comments about the page layout should be addressed to Jack Wilson (deejay@cu-online.com). Permission granted to duplicate and transmit, as long as this note is not removed.

Champions Write-Ups page

The Protectors

Other writeups by Dave Van Domelen

My avatar is part of an illustration by Fred Hooper for the Shadowrun Companion for the new racial option of playing Ghouls as player characters. As a low-powered Dark Champions character with XP, here he is:

Mick

Player:

Val Char Cost
25 STR 15
17 DEX 21
18 CON 16
18 BODY 16
10 INT 0
10 EGO 0
10 PRE 0
0 COM -5
10/20 PD 5
10/15 ED 6
5 SPD 23
9 REC 0
36 END 0
40 STUN 0
12" RUN126" SWIM48" LEAP3Characteristics Cost: 116

Cost Power END
15 Undead Toughness: Armor (5 PD/5 ED)
5 Undead Body: Armor (5 PD/0 ED) (8 Active Points); Only Vs. Piercing Attacks (-1/2)
22 Spatial Awareness (Unusual Group)
5 Discriminatory with Normal Smell
5 Tracking with Normal Smell
8 Knife: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 1/2d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Ranged (+1/2) (20 Active Points); OAF (-1), Real Weapon (-1/4), STR Minimum (-1/4) [Notes: Can Be Thrown]
8 Knife: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 1/2d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Ranged (+1/2) (20 Active Points); OAF (-1), Real Weapon (-1/4), STR Minimum (-1/4) [Notes: Can Be Thrown]
42 Dead: LS (Immunity All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents; Immunity All terrestrial poisons and chemical warfare agents; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Self-Contained Breathing; Sleeping Character does not sleep)
4 Regeneration: Healing 1d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (20 Active Points); Extra Time (1 Hour, -3), Self Only (-1/2) [Notes: No Healing Max (see FREd p. 120).]
8 Claws & Fangs: HKA 1/2d6 (1d6+1 w/STR) (10 Active Points); Reduced Penetration (-1/4) 1
Powers Cost: 122

Cost Skill
Everyman Skills
0 1) AK: Seattle 8-
0 2) Acting 8-
0 3) Concealment 8-
0 4) Conversation 8-
0 5) Deduction 8-
0 6) Language: English (Idiomatic, native accent; Custom Adder) [Notes: Native Language]
0 7) PS: Office Clerk 8-
0 8) Paramedics 8-
0 9) Persuasion 8-
0 10) TF: Custom Adder, Small Motorized Ground Vehicles
3 Acrobatics 12-
3 Breakfall 12-
5 Climbing 13-
6 +2 with Knives
10 +2 with HTH Combat
3 Contortionist 12-
5 Defense Maneuver I-II
3 Disguise 11-
3 Fast Draw 12-
5 Rapid Attack (HTH)
5 Shadowing 12-
9 +3 with any Contortionist, Breakfall, and Acrobatics
5 Stealth 13-
3 Streetwise 11-
10 Two-Weapon Fighting (HTH)
2 WF: Blades, Thrown Knives, Axes, and Darts
Skills Cost: 80

Cost Perk
3 Anonymity
4 Contact: "Case" (Casey) (Good relationship with Contact) 12-
Perks Cost: 7

Total Character Cost: 325

Val Disadvantages
10 Dependence: Dead Human Flesh Takes 3d6 Damage (Difficult To Obtain, 1 Day)
15 Distinctive Features: Dead (Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)
15 Hunted: Undead Hunters 11- (As Pow, Harshly Punish)
10 Hunted: Father Leo Harigan 11- (Mo Pow, NCI, Limited Geographical Area, Watching)
5 Money: Destitute, Doesn't need money very much
10 Vulnerability: 2 x Effect Presence Attacks or Mind Controls from Priests or Necromancers (Uncommon)
15 Physical Limitation: Blind (All the Time, Slightly Impairing)
10 Physical Limitation: Dead Body (Frequently, Slightly Impairing)
15 Psychological Limitation: Creepy in Nature (Very Common, Moderate)
20 Vulnerability: 2 x BODY Fire (Common)

Disadvantage Points: 125

Base Points: 200

Experience Required: 0

Total Experience Available: 0

Experience Unspent: 0

Re: Re: Re: Re: "We´ve seen their faces, but who are they?!"

Originally posted by Dr Divago

LOL

it's True :) :) :)

As a side note, Dr Divago... have you ever noticed how most Ratman enemies would be perfectly appropriate for a Champions (or even Dark Champions) campaign? :)

I'd really like to see a writeup for Valker or La Gatta, for instance.