The Magus University Superdraft

My own catch-up pick from last week.

Option: Professor Emeritus - Conrad Venn 

Conrad Venn, nearly seven feet tall, gaunt, and dressed all in black, is an imposing figure and his statue even more so. The first dean of the Puck Institute, his recipes were an education in manipulation and enchantment. Conrad’s knife skills were legendary. He retired years ago but can be called upon if needed. Dean Brown tries not to do so because Venn’s mere presence can be intimidating. 

Note: Conrad is from the book “The Cook” by Harry Kressing (1965), and it is one of my favorite books of all time. I first read it as a teenager, but once more since then. I urge you all to read it if you get a chance. I think it would suit this crowd very well. (They made it into a movie. Ignore that.) Believe it or not, I did not have Conrad in mind when I chose the culinary arts department. I had to be reminded. 

2396801.jpg

The event was a titanic clash between Magus University and its hated rival. Sure, it was close, but Magus U had it all over their foe in one way:

"An  eye for an eye, Rah Rah Rah!"  One Magus University student yelled

"Go Newts!" a freshman joined in

"We'll get better!" Someone took up the  traditional chant whenever the Magus University team was down!

Option Pick: The Magus University Official Mascot - "The Fighting Newts!"

(Credit where Credit is due, Logan helped me with this, and also made the art work below with an AI generator thingobobbin)

Fightingnewtsmascot.png

As previously mentioned, one young freshman was expelled from the Paolini Academy, though Doctor Destroyer promptly gave him a scholarship to the Department of Destruction. That student tried to get out of chores done for a professor by using Mercurial magic to animate a common household item as a servant. It went very wrong. Bob the Librarian complained that even with magic it took weeks to dry out and repair all the books.

But the student did have help. He drew upon the power of one of the Institute's many formidable items crafted in centuries past to channel the power of the Celestial Realms. Ever since "the Broom Incident," the Institute has made it more difficult for students to access such artifacts of cosmic power.

Option: Notable Achievement: The Archmaster's Hat

(Or given the Diskworld inspiration for the Superdraft, perhaps it should be called the Achchancellor's Hat.)

Mickey-Mouse-in-The-Sorcerers-Apprentice

Dean Shomshak

Bernard Quatermass needs an assistant. Who better than the Rocketeer ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocketeer

1 hour ago, Old Man said:

The Greater Chickamauga College of Magical Healing

Option: Lab Assistant: Presto the Magician

"Where's Dungeon Master when you need him?"

Dead and dispersed.

So say Death Tribble and Dr Destroyer.

You're Welcome.

Today's selection for the Puck Institue and beyond... 

Whether it’s game for the Puck institute or beasts for the zoo, or even Pokémon for the arena, the university often finds itself in need of a hunter trapper. After hiring him many times over as an independent contractor, they finally managed to make Geralt of Rivia a permanent staff member. 

University staff: Hunter Trapper Huntsman 

VLoVEBYjxRA3wraVfPdE6F.jpg