Which Hogwarts House Is Your Favorite Star Trek Character In?

Pariah

Stolen shamelessly from our old friend Lord Mhoram on the Book of Face:

While discussing what Hogwarts houses Star Trek captains would be from, the wife dropped this line: "Kirk was a Gryffindor, he was so much a Gryffindor he was occasionally incapacitated by it."

So ... which house is your favorite Trek character in?

Edited by Pariah

You know, Will Riker might fit into more than one, but I'm actually going to suggest he was first sorted into Hufflepuff. I remember this quote where he confesses  "I was seven months out of the Academy, my head still ringing with words like duty and honor".

And he waited a long time before climbing the ladder to captain himself, Patience is another Hufflepuff trait

2 hours ago, Pariah said:

Let's hear it. I'm curious. 

The stated traits of House Slytherin are cunning, resourcefulness, leadership, and ambition, and Kirk exemplifies at least three of those.  He also had a penchant for deception and cheating when he deemed it necessary, of which his solution to the Kobayashi Maru scenario is only the most obvious example. 

2 hours ago, Old Man said:

The stated traits of House Slytherin are cunning, resourcefulness, leadership, and ambition, and Kirk exemplifies at least three of those.  He also had a penchant for deception and cheating when he deemed it necessary, of which his solution to the Kobayashi Maru scenario is only the most obvious example. 

I'd buy this. Like anyone else , what he favored would be taken into account, but he would do well in Slytherin

I can't decide if Garak is Slytherin, or the most ruthless Ravenclaw in the class

3 minutes ago, Hermit said:

I'd buy this. Like anyone else , what he favored would be taken into account, but he would do well in Slytherin

I can't decide if Garak is Slytherin, or the most ruthless Ravenclaw in the class

Even Potterverse characters don't fit cleanly into houses.  Harry could have gone Slytherin and Hermione could have been Ravenclaw, IIRC.  Instead both wound up in the house that valued bravery-bordering-on-stupidity.

3 hours ago, Old Man said:

The corbomite maneuver as well. 

1 hour ago, Hermit said:

Garak has stories of his experiences in all four houses, and they're all true. Especially the lies.