NFL 2023

unclevlad

Well, even if you down-value the Niners a bit, you still have to ask...who's gonna beat em?  I don't trust the Lions that much;  I trust everyone below them even less.  So...Dallas?  <SHUDDER>  But Dallas on the road isn't the same team.

Huh...probably a good thing Mayo's a defensive-oriented coach, or the Pats under Mayo would only run a spread offense............

I'll see myself out....

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, I though Josh McDaniels was the designated successor to Bill Belichick....

I saw a bit on Facebook asking where Belichick would go next. So I made what I thought was a very helpful suggestion: the University of Alabama. 

15 minutes ago, Pariah said:

Wait, I though Josh McDaniels was the designated successor to Bill Belichick....

I saw a bit on Facebook asking where Belichick would go next. So I made what I thought was a very helpful suggestion: the University of Alabama. 

Apparently Mayo's heir apparent status was written into his contract years in advance.  Why the Patriots would do that I don't know, but some elements of Pats fandom are not thrilled when also-former-Patriot-with-actual-head-coaching-and-playoff-experience Mike Vrabel is right there.

6 hours ago, unclevlad said:

I don't think we can ignore the fact that hiring Mayo, who is already under contract, means Kraft doesn't have to go through the normal search process.

True, but do you want to be the coach called in for an interview to satisfy the requirements of the Rooney Rule, knowing you are not seriously being considered for the job and the owner already knows who he wants to hire? It must get old very quickly.

Edited by Michael Hopcroft

29 minutes ago, Michael Hopcroft said:

True, but do you want to be the coach called in for an interview to satisfy the requirements of the Rooney Rule, knowing you are not seriously being considered for the job and the owner already knows who he wants to hire? It must get old very quickly.

Umm...

No comment...

If you think 1998 makes you old, you're not old.

Me?  A line in a book..."I'm not blond!"  "Well, you are blond-ish..."  got me thinking of Blondie and Debbie Harry.

What SHOCKED me is...she's 78.  The first Blondie album was released when she was almost 30.  In 1974.  I suspect a factor here...had to get a root canal Thursday.  The endodontist likes oldies, so he had on a Pandora or Spotify, sounded like.  His assistant was a 20-something, so he was talking about the various songs.  Me...of course I knew them all.  <sigh>  

Hehe...one of em was Mrs. Robinson.  The assistant didn't recognize the artists...commented she'd never heard of Simon and Garfunkel.  Nothing was going on right at that moment, so I could lean my head up, and glare at her.  Most amusing. :)  

Sounds like the story of the guy in the record store who overheard a kid saying, "Hey, did you know that Paul McCartney was in a band before Wings?"

I saw an article a few days ago about artists who put out albums in 1973 and 2023. The two that come immediately to mind were Peter Gabriel (part of Genesis back in the day, of course) and Yes. 

Oh my...

Couple hours til game time, the NBC guys are out on the field at Arrowhead...

the FROZEN!!! field...with ice and snow still on it...and every breath, every word spoken making a cloud.

It's going to be utterly miserable.

Meanwhile, so far so good in Houston...

And Flacco gets steamrolled again.  He doesn't deserve that, for sure.  Yeah...other than the game-breaker then back-breaker pick 6's...Texans defense holds Browns to less than 3 yards per rush.  Throw in 4 sacks of Flacco, and the picks were practically inevitable.

Back to basketball.  HECK NO, I'm not buying even a single month of Peacock.  NBC's seeing if they can get us to buy it.  The days of mostly-free football are likely numbered, but I'm not going to help kill them.

The comment I heard is that there may well be many people who subscribe...maybe binge a few things...then cancel before the month expires.  

Accuweather snow forecast for Buffalo is 2-3 feet, with about 3/4 of an inch, to an inch per hour, starting late tonight, and continuing through Monday afternoon, but not as heavy Monday.  

1 hour ago, unclevlad said:

...  HECK NO, I'm not buying even a single month of Peacock.  NBC's seeing if they can get us to buy it.  The days of mostly-free football are likely numbered, but I'm not going to help kill them.

Yea, brother!  Preach the Word!  Death to the plutocrats!

4 hours ago, death tribble said:

I am not surprised that Kansas City won but the Texans have done themselves proud.

I would like the Lions to win and also Green Bay (so I don't like Dallas, sue, me).

The others I do not mind.

Sue you for disliking the Cowboys????  Whatever for?  

The Athletic noted that the Dolphins went 1-6 vs. playoff teams....Bills (28 road, 7 home), Eagles (14), Chiefs in Frankfurt (7), Ravens (39), and Chiefs again.  They beat the Cowboys...but the Cowboys on the road are inconsistent, at best.  The Fins benefitted from a schedule that turned out to be notably softer than expected...Pats twice, Jets twice, Broncos when they were the worst team in the league, Giants, Commanders, Panthers.  That's a lot of bottom feeding.