NFL 2023

unclevlad

I feel that what happened with the Packers this year, shows the issue with placating/kowtowing to Rodgers for the last couple years.  Unless the entire offensive staff is happy running what Rodgers wants...and builds the team to that exclusively...there's conflict.  And Love's development is stalled...while you waste his rookie contract years, the cheap ones.  Rodgers also ties up far too much in the way of resources, while not producing at the level of his contract.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was picking the Chiefs based on them being more reliable, but you're right...the Bills made no big mistakes.

Until the kick.

Early lines...Niners -7.  Detroit's secondary held up against the Bucs, but....  Ravens -3.5.  If anything that maybe feels a bit low...?  If the Bills can run the ball like they did, then what's Jackson gonna do to them?

I'd take the Ravens at -3.5 no question.  Their running game has been unstoppable even aside from Lamar.   Likewise their pass rush.

Detroit's problem is going to be CMC.  I don't think they've had to face a rushing attack like that all season.

mmm...CMC yes, but even more, the balance the Niners have.  CMC *forces* you to address the run, and the Detroit secondary got burned a LOT during the season.  

It's a Sunday night and not even 8...and the football's over...???

Same game times next week...and the Aussie Open will be over by then.  

Love to see the Lions make it, but I rather doubt it.  No real preference between KC and Baltimore;  wasn't a big Lamar fan, but he's really balanced his game out this year.  

On 1/16/2024 at 4:54 PM, death tribble said:

Alright lets prophesise !

Texans over the Ravens

49ers over the Packers

Lions over the Buccaneers

Chiefs over the Bills

75% success. Not bad for me.

Now then

Chiefs over the Ravens because the latter beat the Texans and I want revenge.

And I'll go Lions over the 49ers just because I think it might be their year.

Tired of KC, will root for the Ravens and Lamar.

Deep hatred of the 49ers for beating the Bengals twice in the SB and they have enough titles anyway so I will root for the Lions.  They will beat SF if both teams play like they did this past weekend.

My hubby's 2 cents...

Current ranking of who I want to win the Super Bowl of the remaining teams:
1. Detroit Lions
(gap)
2. San Francisco 49ers
(gap)
(gap)
3. Kansas City Chiefs
(yawning chasm)
4. Baltimore Ravens
Apparently, I have become a far more bitter Buffalo Bills fan than I expected.

Dunno who I'm rooting for; I find myself profoundly indifferent.  I'll probably watch some of the games, but not much.  Depends on how much Premier League runs on the local Spanish-language rabbit-ears channel against it.

Yes.  The game I watched yesterday was a piece of AFC Bournmouthe - Liverpool.  Watched it go from 0-1 to 0-3, at which point I got disgusted and changed the channel.

The EPL often has a game shown on Saturdays starting about 10AM my time, on Telemundo, a Spanish language network, and sometimes also on Sundays.  I used to watch Liga MX often, but the Sinclair Group pulled the plug on the Univision station they have here (a different Spanish-language network) a month or two back, so I've seen nothing of that league in a while.

Edited by Cancer

1 hour ago, Cancer said:

Yes.  The game I watched yesterday was a piece of AFC Bournmouthe - Liverpool.  Watched it go from 0-1 to 0-3, at which point I got disgusted and changed the channel.

The EPL often has a game shown on Saturdays starting about 10AM my time, on Telemundo, a Spanish language network, and sometimes also on Sundays.  I used to watch Liga MX often, but the Sinclair Group pulled the plug on the Univision station they have here (a different Spanish-language network) a month or two back, so I've seen nothing of that league in a while.

The games on that weekend are

Manchester City vs Everton, Wolves vs Brentford, Tottenham Hotspur vs Brighton, Luton Town vs Sheffield United, Liverpool vs Burnley, Fulham vs Bournmouth, Nottingham Forest vs Newcastle on Saturday 10th and Arsenal FC vs West Ham and Aston Villa vs Manchester United on Sunday 11th 

I don't have a say in what I can watch; I just get what that network chooses to show.  I'm pretty casual, not following any particular team.  I do tend to root against favored teams.  Otherwise I tend to like watching association football because (1) having played it in my youth I like the game, and (2) it's not interrupted by ads.