DESILU

Jkeown

The DESILU, an acronym for Dimensional Environmental Suit - Integrated Logistics Utility, represents the pinnacle of multidimensional exploration and survival technology. This state-of-the-art suit is designed to ensure the utmost safety and efficiency for its users in a variety of hostile and unpredictable environments.

Sealed Protection: The DESILU is meticulously sealed against a vast array of diseases and poisons, featuring a sophisticated filtration system. This system is capable of identifying and neutralizing biological, chemical, and particulate threats, ensuring the wearer's safety in environments rife with airborne or contact hazards.

Dual-Feed Oxygen Supply: Equipped with a cutting-edge dual-feed oxygen system, the DESILU provides a continuous and reliable air supply.

Food and Drink Supplies: Proton Labs, in cooperation with Burger King, provide pelletized Whoppers™, fries, and onion rings, as well as a variety of fizzy drinks.

Armored Casing: The suit's exterior boasts a highly durable, yet flexible armored casing. This armor is designed to withstand extreme physical impacts, thermal fluctuations, invective, sarcasm, fashion advice, bad grammar, and corrosive elements, offering unparalleled protection without sacrificing mobility. Comes in a variety of sporty colors and even that hue-shifting paint you’ve heard so much about.

On-Board Computer System: At the heart of the DESILU is its advanced on-board computer. This system houses an extensive dimensional wiki, encompassing a wealth of information on various dimensions' characteristics, flora, fauna, and physics. It also includes comprehensive biological and physics databases, allowing for on-the-spot analysis and decision-making.

Enhanced Computational Tools: The computer comes equipped with a high-precision calculator, rangefinder, and substantial data storage capabilities. These tools are essential for navigation, research, and tactical assessments in complex environments. As a precaution, the computer is not an AI. We do learn from our lessons here at Proton Labs.

Inertial Compass: For navigation in environments where traditional compasses fail, the DESILU utilizes an inertial compass. This device offers accurate directional guidance irrespective of external magnetic fields, gravitational anomalies, or dimensional distortions. Can also be used as an external drink holder.

Strength-Enhancing Feedback: The suit is integrated with a strength-enhancing feedback system. This feature amplifies the wearer's physical capabilities, allowing for the handling of heavy equipment, the execution of demanding physical tasks, and enhanced endurance.

Reality Stabilizer: Perhaps the most remarkable feature of the DESILU is its full-featured Reality Stabilizer. This technology maintains a stable environmental bubble around the wearer, counteracting the destabilizing effects of interdimensional travel and exposure to exotic physics. It ensures the wearer's safety amidst the unpredictability of cross-dimensional exploration. The last round of test subjects did not turn into rabbits as was expected.

In summary, the DESILU is not just a suit but a portable fortress, a mobile research lab, and a lifeline for those brave enough to venture into the unknown realms of multidimensional space. It stands as a testament to human ingenuity and the relentless pursuit of knowledge and exploration.

DESILU.hdc

28 minutes ago, specks said:

I too watch the old shows (Mission Impossible, I Love Lucy, Star Trek. Bewitched, etc...) because I can't get into the new TV network shows.

With me it's the commercials.  I can't get through anything on cable any more.  Grew up with commercials pre-cable like anyone my age, but these days it feels like there's less show than ad break in any given half-hour.  For all I know there might be something new I'm missing, but the cost is too high.  I'll stick to watching stuff online.

You guys rock. Together, we've converted a one-shot pun into a theme! Rep all around!! 

The DESILU, an acronym for Dimensional Environmental Suit - Integrated Logistics Utility, represents the pinnacle of multidimensional exploration and survival technology. This state-of-the-art suit is designed to ensure the utmost safety and efficiency for its users in a variety of hostile and unpredictable environments.

COPA: The DESILU is meticulously sealed against a vast array of diseases and poisons, featuring a sophisticated filtration system. This system, the Critical Oxygen Provision and Assimilation system is capable of identifying and neutralizing biological, chemical, and particulate threats, ensuring the wearer's safety in environments rife with airborne or contact hazards. Equipped with a cutting-edge dual-feed oxygen system, the DESILU provides a continuous and reliable air supply. Proton Labs, in cooperation with Burger King, provide pelletized Whoppers™, onion rings, and a variety of fizzy drinks.

FRED: The suit's exterior boasts a highly durable, yet flexible armored casing, the Fortified Resilient Exoskeletal Defense system. This armor is designed to withstand extreme physical impacts, thermal fluctuations, invective, sarcasm, fashion advice, bad grammar, and corrosive elements, offering unparalleled protection without sacrificing mobility. Comes in a variety of sporty colors and even that hue-shifting paint you’ve heard so much about.

LUCI: At the heart of the DESILU is the Logical Universal Computing Integration its advanced on-board computer. This system houses an extensive dimensional wiki, encompassing a wealth of information on various dimensions' characteristics, flora, fauna, and physics. It also includes comprehensive biological and physics databases, allowing for on-the-spot analysis and decision-making. The LUCI comes equipped with a high-precision calculator, rangefinder, and substantial data storage capabilities. These tools are essential for navigation, research, and tactical assessments in complex environments. As a precaution, the computer is not an AI. We do learn from our lessons here at Proton Labs.

MERTZ: A full spectrum sensor suite, the Multimodal Electromagnetic Radiation Transmission and Zone (detection) package integrates an inertial compass for navigation in environments where traditional compasses fail. This device offers accurate directional guidance irrespective of external magnetic fields, gravitational anomalies, or dimensional distortions. Can also be used as an external drink holder.

RICKY: The suit is integrated with a strength-enhancing feedback system; the Robotic Intensification Compression Kinesthetic Yielder. This feature amplifies the wearer's physical capabilities, allowing for the handling of heavy equipment, the execution of demanding physical tasks, and enhanced endurance. A lot of the suits provide +8 STR and +8 CON, but our example system provides +3 STR and +3 CON, known among Proton Labs personnel as “Little RICKY.”

ETHEL: Perhaps the most remarkable feature of the DESILU is its full-featured Reality Stabilizer, the Environmental Threat/Hazard Emergency Limiter. This technology maintains a stable environmental bubble around the wearer, counteracting the destabilizing effects of interdimensional travel and exposure to exotic physics. It ensures the wearer's safety amidst the unpredictability of cross-dimensional exploration. The last round of test subjects did not turn into rabbits as was expected.

In summary, the DESILU is not just a suit but a portable fortress, a mobile research lab, and a lifeline for those brave enough to venture into the unknown realms of multidimensional space. It stands as a testament to human ingenuity and the relentless pursuit of knowledge and exploration.

16 minutes ago, death tribble said:

I'm pretty sure that Jkeown knows the DESILU link to Star Trek and used the acronym accordingly.

I do. At 57, my earliest memories are of Lucy and Ricky, Star Trek, Mission Impossible, and Mannix. Especially Star Trek. I actually recall watching Turnabout Intruder the night it was broadcast, but that might be a false memory I created to cope with something. (Oldest verifiable memory is electrocuting myself in June of 1969. Verified it by describing our kitchen and my mom telling me when it was remodeled.)

That's something you probably didn't need to know. Cool. 

First episode I can recall was Man Trap, but I doubt it was first run.  I'm old enough for it to be possible, but I don't think the parents watched Trek at first and i had no TV control at that point.

My first clear memory (per-K, probably age 3 or 4) stems from accidentally dropping a toy stegosaur in a snowbank outside the parents' old apartment, and them refusing to believe me and go and grab it.  I found it in the parking lot three months later, much mangled by the snow plows but still in one piece.  I have never let them live that down, and every time they've dared to claim I was lying about something just saying "stegosaur" shut their yaps right quick.  Sadly, the poor thing died in the fire that cost me a big chunk of my game collection many years ago.  Survived the ice but the fire was too much for the poor thing.

So, now what? You have a DESILU. How did you get to this bizarre dimension? You (probably) used the LEMON. 

I leaned heavily into the uncertainty surrounding the conveyor in Micheal Crichton's novel Timeline for this. Hope it shows. The files associated with this are found here:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Arb5S34lAw6vl_N5Ohm3zBzMVM5J2Q?e=VUkLaY

The LEMON (Luxurious Eight-Passenger Multidimensional Omnidirectional Navigator) is an advanced, state-of-the-art travel device (intentionally or not) designed for interdimensional exploration and comfortable transportation. 
LEMON has a sleek, aerodynamic design with a robust, lightweight alloy capable of withstanding various interdimensional stresses. After the first trip into the Microverse, the hull had turned a bright yellow. No amount of scrubbing or paint has managed to amend this. Every time it returns it’s yellow. This has led many of our researchers, financiers, hangers-on, groupies, and detractors to suggest that a different conveyor is coming back home each time. 
The spacious cabin with luxurious seating for eight passengers. The interior is adaptable to different environmental conditions, ensuring comfort in various dimensional atmospheres.
Potentially equipped with what may be a cutting-edge navigation system, LEMON can (very probably) accurately traverse multiple dimensions. It uses (what are probably) complex algorithms to locate and lock onto specific dimensional coordinates.
Advanced propulsion and maneuvering systems allow movement in any direction, vital for navigating the multidimensional spaces where traditional concepts of up, down, left, and right may not apply. Check local listings.
LEMON generates a protective field that maintains the stability of the surrounding environment, ensuring that passengers are not affected by the often unpredictable and hazardous physics of alternate dimensions. This is a similar design to the ETHEL used in the DESILU, but this one is yellow.
In case of critical system failure or danger, the LEMON can automatically return to its point of origin. It should be noted that no one knows how this works. (Any resemblance to the TARDIS in this case is actionable. If any of you are contacted by BBC Director-General Tim Davies, tell him I’ve moved to Winslow, AZ.)
The internal environment of LEMON is automatically adjusted for temperature, air composition, and pressure, ensuring the comfort and safety of its passengers.
Equipped with advanced entertainment systems, including virtual reality, holographic projections, and an integrated chatbot for companionship and assistance.
LEMON utilizes a highly efficient collapsium power source, possibly based on zero-point energy or quantum fusion (we aren’t sure… it just works), providing long-duration travel capabilities without the need for frequent refueling.
One leading theory is that another team of scientists in another dimension is operating the power supply and the emergency return system. I say this because we didn’t design it that way. 
Designed for both scientific exploration and leisure travel, it can be operated by a trained pilot or set to an autonomous mode guided by an advanced AI system (which is actually the same chatbot used for light conversation and research).