Supervillain Images

Richard Logue

Inspired by the Superhero Images thread, let's see what your villains look like!

Novus Ordum is one the greater menace groups in my campaign. Their primary goal is the deconstruction of the government. They aren't exactly anarchists because they believe that once the power vaccuum exists, they can move in and "do it better." You can think of them as one of these nutty militia groups, only with super powers.

Fifth Column. He's the leader of the group, both strategically and tactically. He his highly skilled in martial combat, and his strength and endurance are heightened to just greater than human maximum. He takes the same name as the Golden Age Nazi sabotuer but is generally acknowledged to not be the same man.

Thunder God. He exercises control over weather, but has propensity for using lightning to various destructive effects. He is also amazingly strong and has been known to be able to lift and throw city buses. He has an ego the size of California.

Black Guard. Very little of the man remains in the machine. He is probably the most destructive of the group and is all too often willing to prove it. All that metal in his body must play havoc with any humanity he has left. At least as strong as Thunder God, Black Guard's greatest strength lies in his ranged firepower and will usually keep to the air to maximize his capabilities.

Doctor Hephaestus. Also known as the Alchemist, he is the classic mad scientist, but with a decided mystical inclination. He has no compunction against experimentation, often with horribly lethal results. His forays into magical life created the Golems, a group of constructs who turned against their creator to become a force for good. It is suspected that Hephaestus may have discovered a method to extending his life.

Insecta. She'll never be a super model again. Insecta is an unfortunate victim of one of the Alchemist's many experiments. She has been "re-educated" into believing heroes are responsible for her condition and is unusually loyal to Doctor Hephaestus. She is hideous at full size, but when she shrinks to 6" tall, her features become fully insectoid, including gaining a pair of usable wings. She lives a tormented life.

(Artwork by the very cool Ian Sokoliwski.)

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice piece of work, I like the character designs, the nifty background and the computer coloring is really cool. It has kind of a Mark Bagely quailty. (artist on most of the Thunderbolts and Ultimate Spiderman)

Please compliment the artist and thanks for letting us see it.

LoL... I guess posting supervillain images isn't as popular as posting superhero images. :)

And thanks, Redmenace and lemming. These guys have been characters plaguing the heroes in my world since 1993. After a decade of using descriptions and poorly drawn pictures I decided to get a pro to do them up for me. Ian did a pretty good job, I think.

Now let's see some more supervillains!

Well, ya kind of have to have a few on hand in order to post; Which is why it takes several days before you see updates to the SH Images thread.

I don't think I have any SH Villain pics on hand. I'll check my home computer.

Great pics.

I always fear someone in a Hardrock T-Shirt... I think it's a psych limit of some kind ;)

A couple of mine Villain Teams...

A couple of my themed villain teams...not nearly as good as Richard's post, but some of my favorite characters.

First up, The Goldstrike Gang, based off an ancient Adventurers Club article, the Guilt Complex.

L to R: Goldenrod, Goldbug, Goldmind, Goldrush, Goldfever

Back: Goldbrick

attachment.php?s=&postid=275727

Goldstrike is pretty cool. Its a little 80's, I think. But I like it. :)

I like themed teams if they aren't overused. The Pride is a good example, I like them as well. Lioness reminds me of a villain I use in my world named Bast.

Actually, Bast could almost go into either group and I'll post her pic here to show you why.

Bast. She exercises mental control over the feline world. She can communicate with them and have them do her bidding. Given a few moments, she can "broadcast" a call for assistance and every stray house cat in the area will come to her in a swarm.

I'll be posting some of the villains from Omlevex here. First up....

The Dehumanizer is a madman who has come to despise normal humans. His ultimate goal is to turn every person in the world into a twisted mutated freak and have them obey his every command. He nearly succeeded in 1950, with the creation of his rightly-feared Transmo-Gas. Fortunately, several heroes managed to stop him... but not before some of the substance was shot out into the atmosphere. This act has drastically increased the amount of paranormal transformations, making superhumans more common than ever!

The League of Evil is a classic supervillain group from the late 1960s. Led by the maniacal Gauntlet, this group has given Freedom's Trio a great deal of trouble over the years.

From left to right; The Vanishing Man, Honey Bea, Gauntlet, The Snipe and Scarlet Cyclone.