Supervillain Images

Richard Logue

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Supervillain Images

Hola Gang ... I finally got an image of an old favorite villain: Shamrock.* Looking at the image, I just had to play around with his costume and update it somewhat ... soooo ... I came up with this:

Whatcha think?

attachment.php?attachmentid=6314&stc=1

*many props to Magmarock for helping me find the image :)

Hola Gang ... I finally got an image of an old favorite villain: Shamrock.* Looking at the image, I just had to play around with his costume and update it somewhat ... soooo ... I came up with this:

Whatcha think?

attachment.php?attachmentid=6314&stc=1

*many props to Magmarock for helping me find the image :)

Good job! :D

Although I think the green should be darker. Villains shouldn't wear happy colors.

Mags

Guest bblackmoor

I'm starting to really loathe Hero Machine

The real drawback to Hero Machine is that you can't add new poses, props, or pieces of clothing. It would be trivial for the author to open up the format, but if you suggest it, or offer to draw some additional items for him, he'll bite off your head. Who needs that?

I'm currently working on an old favorite of mine - Rainbow Archer.

It is a scanned image from the Classic Enemies book so I can't take any credit for the artwork, but the coloring is all mine. :D

The image turned really grainy do to the size and resolution decrease. The image I'm working on 600 ppi and huge. It is about a 25 meg file.

I'm having a tough time trying to figure out what color to color the bow, arrow, and quiver. What do you all think they should be?

Guest bblackmoor

I'm having a tough time trying to figure out what color to color the bow' date=' arrow, and quiver.[/quote']

I suggest looking at real-life competiton bows for inspiration. Here is one martin_cougar_elite.jpg taken from this site:

http://www.fastestbows.com/reviews.htm

I am not sure why the image does not show up. I believe that I used the "img" tags correctly.

Guest Worldmaker

The real drawback to Hero Machine is that you can't add new poses' date=' props, or pieces of clothing. It would be trivial for the author to open up the format, but if you suggest it, or offer to draw some additional items for him, he'll bite off your head. Who needs that?[/quote']

This is the primary reason why I don't allow Hero Machine art on the Guardians site... the author is an even bigger dick than I am.

Guest Worldmaker

If anyone has a new and improved 5th Edition version of her, I'd love to have a copy.

This is the primary reason why I don't allow Hero Machine art on the Guardians site... the author is an even bigger dick than I am.

well, if anyone is good at photomanipulating costumes on bodies... this site might be interesting. http://www.myvirtualmodel.com/mvmhome/jsp/home.jsp?

I haven't registered, but up to that point you can make a lady in a swimsuit or a guy in his boxers.

It is a scanned image from the Classic Enemies book so I can't take any credit for the artwork, but the coloring is all mine. :D

The image turned really grainy do to the size and resolution decrease. The image I'm working on 600 ppi and huge. It is about a 25 meg file.

I'm having a tough time trying to figure out what color to color the bow, arrow, and quiver. What do you all think they should be?

Nice coloring RP ... may I make a few suggestions though? I like the solidity of color in the hood and gloves, but the costume looks a little too muddy. Maybe a rainbow gradient might work? I always saw her costume like a holograph or foil card ... the sheens are kinda light and muted color ... but then, that's my take on her ;) I'm sure everyone saw her differently ...

The real drawback to Hero Machine is that you can't add new poses' date=' props, or pieces of clothing. It would be trivial for the author to open up the format, but if you suggest it, or offer to draw some additional items for him, he'll bite off your head. Who needs that?[/quote']

Trivial, huh? First, from what I understand (as a beta tester of the product), the mechanics of it aren't nearly as trivial as you're leading people here to understand. Second, the guy's trying to make a profit on his product. The more he "opens up the format," the more difficult it will be for him to maintain control of it and make a profit. Lots of people are already pirating the thing and sending copies around, screwing him over. I for one can't blame him.

And for what it's worth, although I don't read every post on the Hero Machine boards, I do subscribe to the list and read a fair share--hundreds of messages. And I never recall him being anything but patient, humble, and unfailingly polite. I don't EVER remember seeing any head-biting.

Inspired by RP ... I tried to tackle the idea I had about Rainbow Archer :

Whatcha think?

It's a clean drawing and the colors are good. Great pose, very dynamic. I am starting to recognize your style, Sketchpad... you sure like to draw the muscular legs, eh? Are you a big fan of Rob Liefield? Anyway, for a Brick or Martial Artist that's good, but you should try to slim down the lines for other drawings. Just a suggestion.

But regardless of my opinion, MORE MORE! Lets see more of your art! :D

Mags

Guest bblackmoor

I never recall him being anything but patient' date=' humble, and unfailingly polite.[/quote']

Perhaps I caught him on a bad day.

It's not just a matter of adding a new pose... every single element would need to be redrawn or, at the very least, repositioned to make it work. And that is a lot of work.

Best to use Hero maching for inspiration, and leave it at that.

Mags

Guest bblackmoor

It's not just a matter of adding a new pose... every single element would need to be redrawn or' date=' at the very least, repositioned to make it work. And that is a lot of work.[/quote']

Adding a new pose would obviously be some work. New outfits and props are pretty trivial. Regardless, I didn't ask him to do the work, I offered to do it, and he flamed me like I have rarely been flamed before.

He apologized later, but he still refused the offer. So screw it: I'll put my effort where it can actually be useful. I am looking forward to this Comic Artist program.

Adding a new pose would obviously be some work. New outfits and props are pretty trivial. Regardless' date=' I didn't ask [b']him[/b] to do the work, I offered to do it, and he flamed me like I have rarely been flamed before.

He apologized later, but he still refused the offer. So screw it: I'll put my effort where it can actually be useful. I am looking forward to this Comic Artist program.

Oh, that's probably because when he does start charging for the program, he wants all the profits for himself. Can't say I blame him considering all the work he's done so far. But this is all conjecture, since I don't know the man at all.

Mags