Supervillain Images

Richard Logue

Guest Worldmaker

Re: Supervillain Images

It's a clean drawing and the colors are good. Great pose, very dynamic. I am starting to recognize your style, Sketchpad... you sure like to draw the muscular legs, eh? Are you a big fan of Rob Liefield? Anyway, for a Brick or Martial Artist that's good, but you should try to slim down the lines for other drawings. Just a suggestion.

A less protruding gluteous maximum might also be a good thing.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a clean drawing and the colors are good. Great pose, very dynamic. I am starting to recognize your style, Sketchpad... you sure like to draw the muscular legs, eh? Are you a big fan of Rob Liefield? Anyway, for a Brick or Martial Artist that's good, but you should try to slim down the lines for other drawings. Just a suggestion.

But regardless of my opinion, MORE MORE! Lets see more of your art! :D

Mags

Actually ... it's mainly because I wasn't using reference. When I work on something professional, I usually have the wife hunt down reference for me (she's the goddess of research ;) ). As far as Liefield ... I don't mind him, but I mainly look at people like George Perez, Tom Grummett, Scott McDaniel, Jim Lee, John Byrne, Alex Ross & Carlos Pacheo :D

A less protruding gluteous maximum might also be a good thing.

I agree ... when I have a bit more time, I'll probably work up some better pics of both Rainbow and Shamrock ... this time using reference :) I mainly wanted to do quick pics of both of them just to see what the costumes looked like and how the colors look :) When I get done the other pics, I'll post 'em. Thanks for the critique gang :D

I suggest looking at real-life competiton bows for inspiration. Here is one martin_cougar_elite.jpg taken from this site:

http://www.fastestbows.com/reviews.htm

I am not sure why the image does not show up. I believe that I used the "img" tags correctly.

Thanks! I can definitely use those. They helped immensely!

Count me among those who wish they could draw, sketch, doodle or scribble half as good as those posting here. Good job and please keep posting.

I can color though. Once I found out I could open Classic Enemies pages in Photoshop life got a little easier. I had just about gotten them all done when CKC came out. Oh well. At least my Black Palladin is up-to-date :winkgrin:

My favorites were the ones I was able to grab pieces pieces of other pictures. For Giganto, I "colored" him using the clone stamp tool from a pallete of rock pictures. I am pretty pleased with the final result but I wish I would have fixed his drawers. Seems Giganto likes to wear his pants like my grandfather

Giganto.jpg

and the rocks I used...

rock.jpg

I welcome you criticism. Praise wouldn't hurt either.

Hear is a chalange for eveyone. How do you take a villian who's gimic is "I am an old, 18th centery melodrama villian", and make him look cool? I know Alen More did such a thing in his series "V for Vendeta", but how would YOU make him look cool?

Hear is a chalange for eveyone. How do you take a villian who's gimic is "I am an old' date=' 18th centery melodrama villian", and make him look cool? I know Alen More did such a thing in his series "V for Vendeta", but how would YOU make him look cool?[/quote']

I think that the Blood Red King image does a pretty good job of this.

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=337573&highlight=Blood+Red+King#post337573

I think that the Blood Red King image does a pretty good job of this.

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=337573&highlight=Blood+Red+King#post337573

Looks good, but I wanted something in black...and haldelbar mushtash.

Which reminds me...what ever hapend to the dogooder vareant of the Supervillian Images (I dair not call them Superhero Images with all theas villians hanging out around here)?

Guest bblackmoor

i tried building a cyberpunk heromachine type program with shockwave really not an easy task i can tell you

If I were writing it I'd not use Flash or Shockwave. I prefer open standards, and real programming languages. I played with the idea of using Java and SVG for a "super paper dolls" type program, so that anyone who wanted to create new poses, props, or clothing could easily do so, starting with the Bruce Timm style character outlines as a base, but (like most of my cool ideas) I just haven't had the time to do anything other than think about it.

The hardest part of any nifty programmiing idea is actually doing it. Whether or not I am satisfied with Hero Machine or Cartoon Artist, they truly are better than what I have written for that purpose, which is nothing. ;)

Which reminds me...what ever hapend to the dogooder vareant of the Supervillian Images (I dair not call them Superhero Images with all theas villians hanging out around here)?

Superhero Images. Try looking on the next page (from the Champions Threads board). It rarely slips to the third page because it's kinda popular. :)

Mags

Well, thanks for all the great suggestions and links! :D

I used everything as you can see. I redid the coloration of the costume so let me know if you prefer it over the previous. I also took some artistic license on some things that hopefully work with the character writeup.

As I mentioned before the artwork is not my own, but all the coloring and texturing is. Let me know what you think. Oh one last thing, I discovered a PS secret as I was working on this character which made coloring the shafts of the arrows incredibly precise. That discovery alone was worth all the time and effort that I put in.

Guest bblackmoor

I used everything as you can see. I redid the coloration of the costume so let me know if you prefer it over the previous. I also took some artistic license on some things that hopefully work with the character writeup.

Looks good to me. I've always dug Rainbow Archer.

She looks awesome! :) She was always one of my favs from Classic Enemies :rockon:

Well, thanks for all the great suggestions and links! :D

As I mentioned before the artwork is not my own, but all the coloring and texturing is. Let me know what you think. Oh one last thing, I discovered a PS secret as I was working on this character which made coloring the shafts of the arrows incredibly precise. That discovery alone was worth all the time and effort that I put in.

RP ... I like the color scheme much better than the previous one :)

Oh one last thing' date=' I discovered a PS secret as I was working on this character which made coloring the shafts of the arrows incredibly precise. That discovery alone was worth all the time and effort that I put in.[/quote']

So you going to share your secret with the rest of us? ;)

So you going to share your secret with the rest of us? ;)

:D No.

Just kidding.

I don't know that it is a "secret", but it was certainly new to me. You more PS savvy folks will probably say "Sheesh, I've known that forever." Here it is:

As you probably know holding ALT, SHIFT, and/or CTRL allows you to do various "non-standard" things. Well, it turns out that if you are using paintbrush or eraser that you can click once in the drawing and then while holding down SHIFT you can click again, and it draws a straight line from the first point to the second at the width of the current brush. How cool is that?

Anyway, as I said, I'm still learning PS, and I had never seen that in any tutorials are docs that I've read so far so it was a cool surprise.

Class dismissed. ;)

Clicking the crap outta it, no dice.

Yours are fine, as are most everyone elses, this one though, not happening. :(

Oh! LOL! You were talking about the Giganto & rocks pics! I thought you were talking about Rainbow Archer. Heh, I had the same problem... the reason those two pics won't open is because these are only images and the actual file is elsewhere. If ever you run across this problem again, click on "Quote" like you are planning on replying to the post, then get your URL from the text. (Try it once, just for practice.) Open a new window and you're good.

Here they are for your convenience:

http://img31.photobucket.com/albums/v93/BollWeevil/Giganto.jpg

http://img31.photobucket.com/albums/v93/BollWeevil/rock.jpg

Sad to say, the pics won't get any bigger but you can put them in an art program and zoom in to check out the details.

Cheers,

Mags