Superhero Images

schir1964

Re: Superhero Images

This is the closest I could get (using Hero Machine) to what the costume is supposed to look like for one of my longest-played characters, Bloodbird.

(I used Hero Machine instead of a scan of what I was using because — in my own opinion — I can't draw to save a life.) ;)

[ATTACH]26560[/ATTACH]

Also Posted this in my Blog, but more people will probably see it here

Wanted to update before the Holiday crunch this week, Here are 3 pencil sketchs I scanned and will be working on. any ideas, suggestions for color schemes, Names. Just throwing it out there, Comments Please

Mad1a.jpg

DR1a.jpg

Bot1a.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

This is the closest I could get (using Hero Machine) to what the costume is supposed to look like for one of my longest-played characters, Bloodbird.

(I used Hero Machine instead of a scan of what I was using because — in my own opinion — I can't draw to save a life.) ;)

[ATTACH]26560[/ATTACH]

I saw your picture and I liked it. So much so that I did this. I took a few liberties with the costume and had no idea about powers. But I hope it is passible.

• 2 weeks later...

I am Parrot Man *Squawk!*

Is that a hunted on Nighthawks sheet if its not it should be:D

I agree about the colors, just not sure what to do to improve it.

Kept fighting with ideas, but none seemed right. Maybe I need to make the mouthpiece a little less beakish

Kept fighting with ideas' date=' but none seemed right. Maybe I need to make the mouthpiece a little less beakish[/quote']

I believe its the highlighting on the 'beak'. You could lessen the highlight on the central part of the mouthpiece or change the source of lighting. The main problem comes when you look at the crisp highlight right down the middle of the 'beak', it looks like there is an edge that runs the length of the mouthpiece and thats what is translating into the beak.

Been working on illustrating the female form lately' date=' so in that effort I give you Wonder Woman![/quote']

Not bad, I think a little to much twist on the upper body but good start.

I really need to work on my body forms, my proportion always wind up off or it starts look cartoony. But i'll practice practice, keep working at it and sharing trying to getting opinions & feedback and hopefully it will get better

My best advice is get thee some reference. I used to suggest the ol' tried and true girly magazines for drawin wimmins, but it put me in the habit of making all my women "super-booby!" Rather, draw from life if possible, or grab a nice selection of model books (IMO, the best are those which simply have page after page of poses, no instruction, no explanaition).

ok stayed with the bird theme, Tadk is working on a bird based power armor character named The Raptor. So I reworked the colors to brown, grey & yellow Comments please

Bot12a-2.jpg

I've been away from the boards for a good while. However, I did look at some of your pics last night. I think they're all very good.

Although I don't feel qualified to comment, you had mentioned that you wanted to make the mouthpiece look less beakish. If the suit is "bird-themed," I don't think there's anything wrong with it looking beakish. Also, if you still feel that you want to make it look less beakish I think perhaps changing the color of the mouthpiece to something other than yellow, or perhaps removing the sharp point at the chin. Otherwise, I think it looks fine.

BTW, what's his profile look like?

I hope these comments are helpful to you. :)

I've been away from the boards for a good while. However' date=' I did look at some of your pics last night. I think they're all very good.[/quote']

Thank you very much.

Although I don't feel qualified to comment, you had mentioned that you wanted to make the mouthpiece look less beakish. If the suit is "bird-themed," I don't think there's anything wrong with it looking beakish. Also, if you still feel that you want to make it look less beakish I think perhaps changing the color of the mouthpiece to something other than yellow, or perhaps removing the sharp point at the chin. Otherwise, I think it looks fine.

Was going to make it look less beakish till Tadk said he could use it for his Character, so I kept it in. I think the shadow on the neck helps promote the beakish look

BTW, what's his profile look like?

Don't know havent gottn that far yet:D

I hope these comments are helpful to you. :)

Feedback is aways welcome wether it be good or bad, Thank you

And Welcome back to the boards

For a while now I have been doodling the crew for a bunch of space pirates.

The crew are loosly based on friends & other people I know

The Capt'n is of course loosly based on me

here is a first look, His uniform is not complete but this is my outline for him

theCaptn.jpg

Could use some Feedback on the look. he is supposed to be short chubby ( like me) so let me know what you think

Thanks