Superhero Images

schir1964

Re: Superhero Images

Well, I finally upgraded to PSP 8 (Photoshop is too expensive to justify) after working with PSP 4 for years. Wow, have things changed! I really appreciate their optimizer. I drew these freehand. Some where colored with pencil and some with markers. I took the opportunity to clean them up when I scanned them in (first time for working with scanned images, too). They are all characters I've played for years. I think Manitou was conceived back in the 1980s under Champs 3.

1. Afreet ~ my half human/half efrit magical fireling. She never suffered from body consciousness until recently; hence, the change in her costume. (Oh, yeah, we have a 4-color campaign)

2. Afreet (original) ~ Back when she had no shame and wasn't adverse to using her comeliness if it gave her an advantage in a fight.

3. Manitou ~ An Objibwe shaman who shadow walks in the spirit realm

4. Darkstar ~ A time commando from the future trapped in our present. A mutated teleporting brick. Anyone who ever read Simon Hawke's Timewars series--she's based on this universe.

LadyChaos, these are nice, but they're HUGE! I'd recommend posting much smaller versions here--say no more than 700 pixels tall.

LadyChaos' date=' these are nice, but they're HUGE! I'd recommend posting much smaller versions here--say no more than 700 pixels tall.[/quote']

Yeah, I was going to say that too... but then I realized my pics were kinda big, too. By the way, I think I'll try to repost those smaller so they can at least fit the screen!

(My apologies!)

Mags

-wonders if anyone liked The Crow pic...

LadyChaos' date=' these are nice, but they're HUGE! I'd recommend posting much smaller versions here--say no more than 700 pixels tall.[/quote']

Drat! They looked smaller to me ... then I realized I wasn't looking at the 100% size of my working copy. Never looked at them here. Thanks for telling me. Didn't realize. I shrank them all down to about 550-650 tall.

1. Afreet ~ my half human/half efrit magical fireling. She never suffered from body consciousness until recently; hence, the change in her costume. (Oh, yeah, we have a 4-color campaign)

2. Afreet (original) ~ Back when she had no shame and wasn't adverse to using her comeliness if it gave her an advantage in a fight.

I like the fire effect on the original Afreet. Nice pose too, its a classic. the new costume is a little busy, colorwise, IMO, but that pic is nice too.

Cheers!

Mags

Personally I like the larger pics because you can see more detail' date=' and if I wanted to say, modify them in Photoshop it is much easier and gives a better output. Just my 2 cents.[/quote']

Well, yes, you've got a point. But for viewing them in this forum, smaller is definitely better (although not too small). If it more than fills the screen, then it's hard to give a good evaluation. Plus, huge images take up a lot of space on the server.

I wasn't trying to single LadyChaos out, by the way, just to suggest a potential problem.

Well, yes, you've got a point. But for viewing them in this forum, smaller is definitely better (although not too small). If it more than fills the screen, then it's hard to give a good evaluation. Plus, huge images take up a lot of space on the server.

I wasn't trying to single LadyChaos out, by the way, just to suggest a potential problem.

Unless of course your resolution is high enough to allow the full character to be viewed on the screen. ;)

Of course, IE automatically resizes the pictures that are too big to fit the screen also.

I do agree about the server space. That is something to consider which is why I recommend PNGs for web images, it maintains the quality and makes for really small file sizes. I will endeavor to make sure I use them for my own pictures since I haven't always done so.

I understand your points though, and they are definitely valid. I'll try to keep my sizes down to 700x500 as well.

Magmarock, didn't think you were!

Afreet really has no body consciousness. She's had to change her look several times after a little misunderstanding. The new costume is strictly roleplaying ... she ran into someone who did make her self-conscious. The joke is that she either wears 8 sweaters at once or nothing at all. :-) Of course, there's that one adventure where she went starkers in the dream dimension for 2 weeks simply because she refused to admit she'd made a mistake.

I cheated on the fire effects--they're picture tubes from paintshop. I agree that Afreet's second costume is awfully colorful. She's attempting to conceal her identity. The hair is different because the more powerful she becomes, the more elemental she looks.

Nice' date=' Magmarock. What new template are you talking about?[/quote']

Oh... Hmm. I know I downloaded the template off a thread here at this site, and I thought it was this thread. Now I can't find it. Maybe it's from one of the other threads. I'll see if I can find it and credit the person who posted it originally.

By the way, I sometimes flip my pics so that the template isn't quite so noticeable, like I did this time.

Mags

Oh... Hmm. I know I downloaded the template off a thread here at this site, and I thought it was this thread. Now I can't find it. Maybe it's from one of the other threads. I'll see if I can find it and credit the person who posted it originally.

By the way, I sometimes flip my pics so that the template isn't quite so noticeable, like I did this time.

Mags

Oh, wait. Was it this one: http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15036&page=1&pp=15.

If so, the flipping threw me off (I do the same thing sometimes). Good work!

Oh' date=' wait. Was it this one: http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15036&page=1&pp=15.

If so, the flipping threw me off (I do the same thing sometimes). Good work!

Yes! Courtesy of DR Rushing!

Here is it again:

attachment.php?attachmentid=4514

As you can see, I altered mine a bit when I drew this pic of Null for Super Squirrel. The costume isn't even mine... I got it from this link:

http://www.winds.org/~arren/backgrounds/chobits/chobits8.jpg

As you can see, I altered mine a bit when I drew this pic of Null for Super Squirrel. The costume isn't even mine... I got it from this link:

http://www.winds.org/~arren/backgrounds/chobits/chobits8.jpg

I thought that looked familiar...

From the LRTE, in the NGD forum...

I haven't been following that thread. ;)

I did look through the "Who Looks Best in a Catsuit" thread, though. A lotta cheesecake in that one, but also some good, real-looking pics of superheroes. Then I saw a post that they were doing one of male heroes (don't know why the separate thread), and went looking for it. It's buried deep in the older threads...

Mags