Superhero Images

schir1964

Re: Superhero Images

Hey, RP. I like it! I tried to color it last night, too, and I also chose red (and grey). How about that for coincidence? I stopped when I realized I didn't know how to do all the layered effects for the "powers". *Sigh* I sure wish I had the patience to learn...

And Blue, I am inspired by the beautiful job of coloring you do!

Thanks Lemming. I do try.

Ok, back to the drawing board for me...

Mags

I was skimming through a 4th Ed sourcebook, The Mutant File, that I'd colored several pictures from (one of which I posted earlier in the thread- Hurricane) and I decided to do a couple of updated pics for you all.

This one is called Blowout. She is a mutant with a group called IMAGE (Image-Immanent Mutant Ascension and Global Evolution).

attachment.php?attachmentid=5611

Well, I finally upgraded to PSP 8 (Photoshop is too expensive to justify) after working with PSP 4 for years. Wow, have things changed! I really appreciate their optimizer. I drew these freehand. Some where colored with pencil and some with markers. I took the opportunity to clean them up when I scanned them in (first time for working with scanned images, too). They are all characters I've played for years. I think Manitou was conceived back in the 1980s under Champs 3.

1. Afreet ~ my half human/half efrit magical fireling. She never suffered from body consciousness until recently; hence, the change in her costume. (Oh, yeah, we have a 4-color campaign)

2. Afreet (original) ~ Back when she had no shame and wasn't adverse to using her comeliness if it gave her an advantage in a fight.

3. Manitou ~ An Objibwe shaman who shadow walks in the spirit realm

4. Darkstar ~ A time commando from the future trapped in our present. A mutated teleporting brick. Anyone who ever read Simon Hawke's Timewars series--she's based on this universe.

(EDIT: Okay, I think I shrank them down. I'm learning my PSP and how to work things here--thanks for the patience!)

As there were numerous scenes in yesterday's game where my character was not involved, I took the opportunity to whip out the Champions character templates and cobble a few uniforms. None of these are actual characters yet.

They are...

Magpie (Looking perhaps a little too S&M)

Prisoner (Trapped in his armor; Kind of an evil "man in the iron mask", but not as intelligent as Doc Doom)

Reactor (Looking a little too "wonder man" for my liking; Confined to a wheel chair, our hero scientist experimented on himself extensively with radiation to induce healing; instead his body now stores and expels radiation; as he uses it up, he becomes more debilitated)

Rez (An enemy for my other unused creation, Cyberpath; She would be able to use her cyber-pool to cobble together weapons for combat in the real world)

Undertow (Dunno, but I like the beard).

We had an Undertow in our Storm Front campaign. He was a mutated cross between a brick and a "Creature of the Black Lagoon" type from one of the underwater races (Lemurian?) and he was way stronger in an aquatic environment.

Turned out that Undertow had several, Major Disads that interfeared/conflicted with him being a superhero- his personal hideout/base was a sunken, nuclear submarine that had been MIA since a previous war (I want to say Korean, but I can't remember). Undertow's dark secret was that he had personally sunk the sub because it came too close to where his people lived and that his #1 priority is to keep his people safe from harm. Well, even though the sub had been moved several times by Undertow (yes he is that strong), it had been finally discovered by the government and Storm Front at the same time.. Undertow took off and hid the sub again, but was nearly captured by his own teammates in the process. Now, how about that?

What a game. My brother ended up bringing in a new character after that: Crosshair (sharpshooter/gadgeteer)

If I can get a look at his miniature again, I'll sketch him for you guys.

Mags

here is a short article about a shareware image processing program that is supposed to be a cheap and very good alternative to Adobe

photoshop.

I have P-shop so I haven't bothered to look at it. Anyone who wants to do the sort of computer coloring or image manipulatio that you see on this board but doesn't want to spend the $500.00 might take a look.

This comes from John Four"s gming newsletter.

In issue #216, Jared Dyche submitted a tip for using

Photoshop for game maps. I wanted to let him (and your

readers) know about the "GIMP" (Gnu Image Manipulation

Program). The GIMP is an open source image editor that

supports most common image formats (including Photoshop psd

files), utilizes layers, filters, and many of the other

tools that make Photoshop so great. The GIMP runs on most

linuxes/bsd/unixes, Windows, and Mac OS X (Yeah, I know it's

just another BSD!)

The official website provides more complete information

than I can, so here are a couple links:

* http://www.gimp.org

* Official GIMP homepage -- includes project information and

* download/installation instructions

* http://www2.arnes.si/~sopjsimo/gimp/stable.html

* WinGimp homepage (Windows Installer available here)

While not a complete Photoshop replacement for the hardcore

graphic designer, the GIMP shines as a free alternative to

Adobe's $500 image editor.

[Johnn: thanks also to Elena of Valhalla, Robert Uhl, Juanjo

Aparicio, Bartlett, and Paul A who wrote in with the same

great advice!]

here is a short article about a shareware image processing program that is supposed to be a cheap and very good alternative to Adobe photoshop.

The GIMP is a very nice piece of work. Took me a bit if work to learn, as I'm sure Photoshop does as well, but most of that was concepts and terminology since I had no experience with any full-featured image manipulation programs.

Just one man's opinion, of course.

here is a short article about a shareware image processing program that is supposed to be a cheap and very good alternative to Adobe

photoshop.

The GIMP is an open source image editor that

supports most common image formats (including Photoshop psd

files), utilizes layers, filters, and many of the other

tools that make Photoshop so great. The GIMP runs on most

linuxes/bsd/unixes, Windows, and Mac OS X (Yeah, I know it's

just another BSD!)

Just to nitpick, Open Source advocates hate having their programs called shareware.

Other than that, thanks for posting the info. The GIMP is a pretty good program. People who haven't checked out the new 2.0 version should do so. It's a bit cleaner and easier to use. Still a steep learning curve and doesn't have all the utility of PS, but it's getting there. ;)

More old pics. All these are uncoloured.

Captain Chainsaw. Armoured suit with big bespoke Chainsaw

Roundhead. The Roundheads were Cromwell's side in the British Civil War of the 1640s. (Basically Civil War 2 as the Wars of the Roses were Civil War 1)

Sledgehammer. One Sledgehammer wielding goon playing the Peter Gabriel song of the same name.

EDIT: Attachments removed. Available on request

Now three colour ones

Lash. Who worked for Genocide. The whips actually joined together and he could escape in a Helicoptor style.

Dark Wave. Member of Wavelength. Who all had similar coloured costumes.

And the Wavelength agents. I never heard the end of this as they were Spd 4 and had 10 D6 attacks while the main supers were minimum Sp6 and Dex 28. An the agents were gross ?

EDIT: Attachments removed. Available on request