New Book: The Algernon Files

mattingly

Greetings, all. I cleared it with Darren to post this on the Hero boards.

Most of you know me as the editor of Digital Hero, but I'm also the president of the recent company BlackWyrm Games. Our first book, The Algernon Files, is at the printers and should be on the shelves at the beginning of May.

The Algernon Files is a Mutants & Masterminds character book -- some heroes and plenty of enemies in a 128-page hardcover. There are over 100 characters in all covering a variety of archetypes and power levels, plus some bases and vehicles, and rules options. There are no HERO System conversions, but the source material should give everyone plenty of plot ideas.

Previews are available at http://www.blackwyrm.com/extras and we're taking preorders now.

Re: New Book: The Algernon Files

Greetings, all. I cleared it with Darren to post this on the Hero boards.

Most of you know me as the editor of Digital Hero, but I'm also the president of the recent company BlackWyrm Games. Our first book, The Algernon Files, is at the printers and should be on the shelves at the beginning of May.

The Algernon Files is a Mutants & Masterminds character book -- some heroes and plenty of enemies in a 128-page hardcover. There are over 100 characters in all covering a variety of archetypes and power levels, plus some bases and vehicles, and rules options. There are no HERO System conversions, but the source material should give everyone plenty of plot ideas.

Previews are available at www.blackwyrm.com/extras and we're taking preorders now.

The previews are great stuff. To be honest, I already converted the previewed characters into HERO terms.

Do you know if The Algenon Files will be available in Canada?

why not have Hero stats in it as well?

Space. With M&M, we can easily fit a character background, stats, and picture all on one page. If we added HERO System stats, we'd be able to fit only half as many characters in the book.

Cannot get the file to load with Adobe 5.0 reader' date=' is there something wrong with the file? :think:[/quote']

I created the file in 6.0, but specified that it should be compatible to as low as 4.0. Not sure why 5.0 would give you a problem.

Is this going to be available through normal distribution methods for stores to order (primarily looking at ACD here)?

I wouldn't mind having a copy on shelf at the store I work at --- well, that and the fact that if we can get it that way, I can get my copy at cost :shock:

• 3 weeks later...