Longest Running Thread EVER

I can see post-production things contributing a lot there.  Pull it off right, and you could get a whole movie saga going.

OLD MAN GUTS -- THE DIORAMA

OLD MAN GUTS II -- THE MOTION PICTURE

OLD MAN GUTS III -- REBELLION OF THE LEFTOVERS

OLD MAN GUTS IV -- IT'S A MOVEMENT!

:nonp:  Is the fix for my recurrent, sudden WiFi outages in the middle of lectures simply that I burrow down and find the "Allow computer to turn off this device to curb power usage" checkbox three tiers deep in my network settings, and uncheck the d----d stupid box?

What mindless, faeco-cerebro-surrogacy MORDAC wannabee decided that that was the correct default setting?!?

:bmk:

2 hours ago, Cancer said:

:nonp:  Is the fix for my recurrent, sudden WiFi outages in the middle of lectures simply that I burrow down and find the "Allow computer to turn off this device to curb power usage" checkbox three tiers deep in my network settings, and uncheck the d----d stupid box?

What mindless, faeco-cerebro-surrogacy MORDAC wannabee decided that that was the correct default setting?!?

:bmk:

Based on the other things you've posted about your IT department, I doubt any actual decision was made.

No, this particular dumb is upstream of them; this is my own machine, which the university DFUA's have never touched. 

Seems to be the default setting on Windows 10.  Guaranteed to boot you out of your videoconference/lecture  when you're talking and showing active video at the same time.  And if you don't know what causes it, the only reliably way to clear the condition is reboot your box.  Not exactly the best-documented situation, guys.

On 1/20/2022 at 9:02 PM, death tribble said:

Seeing friends in February and will have to travel to see them by train. I have a number of new games (to the group) but which one(s) should I take ?

The choices are:-

Lords of Waterdeep (2-5 players)

Villainous (1-6 players)

Villainous (Marvel edition) (1-6 players)

Flamme Rouge (also expansion Peloton) (1-4 players with expansion 1-8)

Mountains of Madness (3-5 players)

7 Wonders (3-7 players)

7 Wonders Duel (2 players)

Aquatica (plus Cold Waters expansion) (1-4 players with expansion 1-5)

Azul (2-4 players)

Wingspan (plus the European and Oceania expansions) (1-5 players)

Horrified (1-5 players)

Additionally there are the games we have played before King of Tokyo and King of Tokyo (Dark edition) (2-6 players). Also Judge Dredd (upto 6 players), Ave Caeser (upto 6 players) and Pandemic(2-4 players) 

There could be upto 6 playing at any one time.

Now Duel is only for two so that one is out. I don't want to do Villainous Marvel until we have done Villainous.

Lords of Waterdeep maybe a non-started at present.

Have had a request to do Flamme Rouge.

Horrified should also work as we are all familiar with classic Universal monsters.

Mountains of Madness is Cthulhu based but is not like Arkham Horror or any Chaosium product.

Two of the games got played.

Horrified got three plays. On the Friday four of us took out Dracula and The Creature from the Black Lagoon. On Saturday five of us took on Dracula, The Wolfman and The Invisible Man and got killed twice. The first time was fast enough that we did it again.  And got trounced again.

Villainous saw Jafar win in a five player game. The only villain that did not get a run out was Ursula.

We also played Judge Dredd and Apples to Apples which are staples. And a Dwarven drinking game.