Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

:nonp:

Really?

Technically, though, the idea is to have the longest NON-game post, and Musings is, in its own way, a game.

I think. :think:

No more of a game than this thread is. The point of it was to have a place to reply to the Random Musings thread, since Old Man started that one with the caveat that no replies get posted to it.

I posted this in my blog already, but maybe it will get a conversation going here.

Yesterday at work I walked up to the front desk to grab my mail and noticed everyone was looking outside. What were they looking at? They were looking at a group of elephants walking through our parking lot. :nonp: No, I am not kidding.

Yea' date=' it's a decent size. Plus we have parking under a new overpass they just built. Which was really nice to have with the Sacramento summers and all.[/quote']

I would imagine. Midsummer here in WNC, everyone's parked at the edge of the small patch of woods for the shade. Those of us who don't park over there wind up roasting as soon as we step into our cars.

'S why I chuckle when people say to go without AC to get better gas mileage. Good way to cook my insides, but not terribly practical, most days.

Once I've gotted onto the highway (fifteen minutes into a twenty-minute drive home), then I can switch the AC off and just have it blow cool air at me.

I've been liking these nice, cool mornings and evenings we've been getting this past week.

go without AC to get better gas mileage. Good way to cook my insides' date=' but not terribly practical, most days.[/quote']

That's actually one of the things I like about my Prius. The AC is actually quite efficient. I lose more MPG opening the windows due to aerodynamic loss than I do by just turning the AC on. :)

Another cat story.

Saturady, I, and a couple of freinds, grilled steaks. And eating, I gave the fat, bones, and grissle to my cat.

t sniffed the meat, looked up and gave a plaintive maow , then started eating. It was like it was saying "I don't like BBQ sauce on my steak!"

So ... a question for people who know something about Florida ... is it likely to be warm enough in Orlando or Cocoa Beach in the first half of December to make people want to go playing in a water park or in the surf at the beach?

You are mistaken. THis is the HGDB's longest thread.

Check your figures. :rolleyes:

Yup. Heck, it has more than 1,400 posts on the next longest active thread. And almost 1,000 on any other thread even if you include locked ones. And looking at just active threads, you have to go down to "third place" to get to a game thread.