Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

Hm. TextEdit didn't offer me the option of flat-text; RTF was the simplest on the pull-down.

And I'd cheerfully download something and install it, IF OUR REPTILE-SODOMIZING S**T-FOR-BRAINS "MORDAC-THE-PREVENTER OF INFORMATION SERVICES" I.T. COMMISSAR WOULD LET ANYONE HAVE INSTALL PRIVILEGES ON THEIR MACHINE.

Sorry, existing open wound. Here, have some more salt.

I presume it can't be set up to run directly from a ThumbDrive? That would get around not being able to install it.

I presume it can't be set up to run directly from a ThumbDrive? That would get around not being able to install it.

Why would you wan to run a program from a flash drive when most Mac software already comes on a disk image? :straight::think:

I'm not a Mac user, so I don't know the particulars about the OS. Cancer said that he couldn't install any software. I have heard of software that runs without needing to be installed first (it's self-contained, I presume). Such a piece of software on a thumbdrive would allow it to be used without needing to install it or even copy it to the computer in question. Minimizing one's digital "tracks", as it were, and IMO.

I admit part of my aggravation is due to unfamiliarity with the platform. Were it a Windows box, I could do as you suggest, build executables onto the thumb drive and run off that. I'm enough of a MacN00b (and don't have access to another Mac) not have a good picture of how to do that for the other platform.

Found out that, finally, the last of the kittens we fostered last fall was adopted about ten days ago. The last one was there in the shelter for about 6 weeks; her two sisters were there over a month (they were all still there at Christmas). At least they all have homes now.

We'll be fostering an adult cat, but after we move into the new house. She's kind of shy and doesn't do well in our usual runs at work. While she waits for the new house, she'll be our office cat. Ironically, one of the cat adoption people is allergic, but can deal with it in low doses and not during hay fever season.