Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

Alright' date=' but weren't they huge in the beginning of the Nineties? Or am I messing things up here?[/quote']

Oasis were horribly overplayed and I found them to be very derivative and boring.

You missed some good music from that time, but I wouldn't have put Oasis up there.

Well, I admit I was seduced into New Age music for a while in there. Part of that was due to a few old things I liked getting tossed into those bins (Mike Oldfield, Jean-Michele Jarre, Stomu Yamashta & GO, etc.), part of it was other reasons.

And yet I'm guessing that you don't like all' date=' or even most, of her stuff.[/quote']

You'd be wrong, actually. What I have of hers I like. If it has a flaw, it's that I can't use it for noise suppression (while driving or in particular riding the bus).

The kittens were removed from their mother way too early. Their preferred solid food is cottage cheese, and when my wife offered formula in a bottle to one of them yesterday, the response was so enthusiastic he literally pulled the nipple out of the bottle. So now they get their formula/milk in a pie pan. Moving the free-standing heater to the room where they're being kept seems to have perked them up substantially too (we are cheap bastiches and keep the house cool, 61-62 F, in the winter).

Awww. Poor little things.

I have a cat who was weaned too early. He'll try to nurse off our clothes if we sit and pet him too long. We have a designated shirt he's allowed to suck on. He always seems really anxious while he's pseudo-nursing. Afterwards, he's usually pretty mellow.

He's also the only cat I've ever known who, upon consuming catnip, immediately takes a nap.

We don't know the story behind these five other than their being brought over from Yakima. Their dentition says an age of 6 weeks, but they're undersized for it. But it's a delightful crew; when I walk into the room, two or three of them purr on sight, one of whom comes over and wants to be picked up.

So a definite change from the ones who'd hide, run away, or just peer at you from a safe distance.

Kittens are wonderful. I should foster.

Erm. When I have a room where I can keep them separate from my adult kitties, who would NEVER forgive me for bringing tiny intruders into THEIR home.

I never got a solid age on Risu when she first adopted us, but months later, the vet's guess as to her age put her at 5 weeks old when we got her. 'Course, she was also horribly underfed and neglected, so it could be she looked younger because of that.

She's a total sweetheart, though she has some behaviors she obviously picked up from when she was near-feral.

Not sure when we'll let the kittens and adults associate freely. Siegfried & Felix aren't physically aggressive, they just curse at young'uns. And Hobbes is still young enough we think he'd welcome the playmates, after the initial shock wears off.