Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

I told Josh to make me a Valentine's Day card out of construction paper and glitter and crayons this year. I hope he does.

One of my office mates told me the other day that the radio station she was listening to on her way into work was talking about a poll asking what women wanted most for VDay. According to them, the biggest vote getter, ahead of flowers, diamonds, jewelry, etc was: A love letter.

I have no idea of the sample size, location, or any other info. But I thought it was interesting. And she agreed. :)

Keri has specifically forbidden me to get her flowers, and doesn't really buy into the whole VDay thing. Which is fine, her birthday is 2 weeks (+1 day 1/4 of the time) later. :)

I'd much rather get some small token that says, "I thought of you" than have a lot of money spent on me. Money spent on stuff I'll use maybe once or twice is just wasteful, and I don't want to be associated with waste.

My birthday is two days after VDay. So he can treat me all special then.

I'd much rather get some small token that says, "I thought of you" than have a lot of money spent on me. Money spent on stuff I'll use maybe once or twice is just wasteful, and I don't want to be associated with waste.

My birthday is two days after VDay. So he can treat me all special then.

I keep forgetting that you and my dad share a bday. :)

Followed of course a day later by Darren's bday. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Oasis top best British album poll

Rock group Oasis have claimed the top two spots in a poll of Britain's best ever albums, ahead of iconic albums by the Beatles and Pink Floyd.

Oasis's 1994 album Definitely Maybe and (What's the Story) Morning Glory from 1996 came number one and number two respectively, in a survey by Q magazine and retailer HMV to find the 50 best-ever British albums.

Why do magazines thinking their polls are authoritative for the broader community? They aren't. I'm sure if if was a whole UK thing, ie where the whole UK could vote not just a magazine's subscribers the results would be a bit more authoritative and believable.

Also, I'm ok with magazines listing "top lists", some have an authoritative nature (thinking of Forbes Fortune 500 or Forbes Richest list), but these lists generally help sort out the wheat from the chaff. That's all. That's as are as their authority goes.

For example if a friend of mine was considering buying Brittany Spears latest album or Stevie Wonder's "Songs in the Key of Life", these lists would suggest that a lot more people found Stevie Wonder's album to be better and worthwhile and I'd suggest that as a buying principle. If of course they end up buying the pop trash it is because they would get more use out of. My point is that these lists help you with buying decisions when you are unsure of what to buy. "Songs in the Key of Life" or "Dark Side of the Moon" are safe bets.