Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

Herc isn't aggressive; he's actually, well, a big pussycat. But he gets very upset about changes, and, when he's upset, his stomach tends to have rather violent disagreements. Onto our carpets.

I'm not so sure about Risu. She's definitely more gregarious, but she's also more aggressive. Maybe she'd be happy to have new playmates; maybe she'd get paranoid about the food and try to terrify them to death. Who knows?

SIGH. Sounds like fun, but I rent and the rule is clear: No more than two, total weight of both no more than 70. But our guys keep us hopping. When Star gets bored she starts knocking things on the floor. That means it's time to man the laser pointer. Stripes loves laundry piles as a place to sleep. She'll hiss when you snatch away her "bed". She also loves the usually unoccupied office chair. It's big and has a small pillow on it. Stripes also hogs the wet food and demands cat treats on a regular basis. She's getting fat ! OddHat tried healthy treats today and they said BLEAH ! They were cuddling on the bed earlier. Cute cute cute !

The kittens are negative for feline leukemia, so we can introduce them safely to the resident cats (a big relief). The initial meeting with them and Hobbes (himself not far removed from kittenhood) went reasonably well. Siegfried is expected to be a foul-mouthed old grump, and Felix will take a little warming up bu will come around.

We haven't had a flea problem' date=' though we check our cats often (outside of winter) and dab 'em with the flea goop preventatively.[/quote']

Do you have a preferred brand of flea goop? I found a couple of fleas on my new cat a couple of week ago and I bought a box of Sergeant's Gold "5-way protection" and applied it. It's been about a week and I think there are still a couple of fleas alive.

How long does it take to kill them all off? And how long do I have to keep using the stuff on my cats?

Neither of my cats go outside, so they must have gotten them when I took in the abandoned cat (my new cat).

How long does it take to kill them all off? And how long do I have to keep using the stuff on my cats?

Neither of my cats go outside, so they must have gotten them when I took in the abandoned cat (my new cat).

I'll have to ask my wife, who handles that stuff. I think it takes days, so still having a couple after a week is plausible. Two of ours are inside-outside cats, and we have to treat them at least a couple of times during the warm season.

Long delayed, but here's pics of the litter we're currently fostering. One shows all five, and they span the spectrum: black, black & white, tortoiseshell, orange & white, orange. The other is a portrait of the tortie peering out of the cat play tower, just begging to be LOLCat fodder.

Long delayed' date=' but here's pics of the litter we're currently fostering. One shows all five, and they span the spectrum: black, black & white, tortoiseshell, orange & white, orange. The other is a portrait of the tortie peering out of the cat play tower, just begging to be LOLCat fodder.[/quote']

Heh. She looks so pouty. "Harumph!"