The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

So my annual review meeting is supposed to be today. And the boss said he wanted it done early so he could write it up and let his boss do stuff.

It's going to be after two before this is done and I already know I have done poorly on it. I just want to get it over with. Ah me !

So we're trying to outsource the production of our company's collateral literature (brochures, folders, etc.) to a designer in India. We got the first proofs back today. I wish I could say you get what you pay for... but this crap isn't even worth the paltry sum they quoted. Come on, you can't just take the old design, delete most of the art and push the rest around at random, and call it good. Wtf are they thinking?

So we're trying to outsource the production of our company's collateral literature (brochures' date=' folders, etc.) to a designer in India. We got the first proofs back today. I wish I could say you get what you pay for... but this crap isn't even worth the paltry sum they quoted. Come on, you can't just take the old design, delete most of the art and push the rest around at random, and call it good. Wtf are they thinking?[/quote']

My sister's experiences outsourcing web design and programming projects to India were uniformly negative. She ended up doing almost all of the work herself; her bosses would then behave as though the subcontractors were responsible, thus avoiding having to admit that going to the cheapest possible un-supervisable outside source might have been a mistake.

This is the last time I'm offering it...who wants to step right up and chop off my right leg just above the knee? It's killing me...still. :(
Did you miss my post?

Post #4448

Awww...thanks. :P You make me feel a little better.

Anyone wanna hack off this leg of mine though? I'm sure then I'd feel 100%.

Post #4449

1 phantom limb coming right up.

(oops. wrong leg :D)

This one's pretty mild. Started with a sore throat, headache, a little muzziness. Today I'm sniffly, throat a little scratchy, feel sort of spacy and I may have a mild fever.

Nothing to even bother calling in sick for.

I hate when that happens.

This one's pretty mild. Started with a sore throat, headache, a little muzziness. Today I'm sniffly, throat a little scratchy, feel sort of spacy and I may have a mild fever.

Nothing to even bother calling in sick for.

exactly how ours started... must be moving through the entire country.

Pandemic! Panic! :eek:

or you know... take some Vitamin C and E, little Elderberry and some Echinacea, call it good.

exactly how ours started... must be moving through the entire country.

Pandemic! Panic! :eek:

or you know... take some Vitamin C and E, little Elderberry and some Echinacea, call it good.

Heh.

All of my colds start with a sore throat. I'm not worried.

Though this does explain why I've been feeling so hungry the past few days. Feed a cold, and all that . . .

Coincidentally, before I realized it was a cold, I brought soup in for lunch. And I ALWAYS drink a ton of water, so I'm not too worried about getting enough water to wash this thing out. I'm having Josh pick up some vitamin C on his way home, and I'll probably head home a little earlier than usual today.

I'm a contractor and get no vacation days or sick days. No workee, no payee.

I've been in this job over a year now and have had three days "holidays" between Xmas and New Year (enforced - they shut down the office) and two sick days. I've also come in on the weekend twice which balances the sick days.