The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

So in my current position, I manage people. Already I long for the day when I only had to manage machines, and occasionally customers. Why must the more talented engineers be so totally inflexible? Why must they come into my office every other week and start throwing ultimatums around? I get headaches now. I never used to get headaches.

So in my current position' date=' I manage people. Already I long for the day when I only had to manage machines, and occasionally customers. Why must the more talented engineers be so totally inflexible? Why must they come into my office every other week and start throwing ultimatums around? I get headaches now. I never used to get headaches.[/quote']

Kill one, and post his severed head on a spike before your office door as a warning to the others. His skin shall be your business suit, his bones your office toys, the recorded sounds of his last screams your motivational lecture to his fellow team members.

//How can you attempt to learn to DO anything when you get shown how to do something "in theory" but then the proverbial rug is ripped out from under you. So all you are left with is whispers of memory of a virtual & vague "solution" and the knowledge that it is in fact doable...BUT...by you?

//It's not a learning technique, it's a tease. And worse, it is infuriating, frustrating and a waste of time. Learning is about building on existing knowledge, not starting at step 3 over and over again. How many times do you ask for the same help before you just give up?

//Yes I know it, but I haven't learnt it.

I'm pissed at myself.

This last month my dad has been in the hospital. I've been severally worried. This also makes me depressed.

When I'm depressed, I buy stuff I don't need. So now, I scrapping bottom in my checking account and have to go cold turkey buying anything, including eating out, for the next couple of weeks.

Sometime early this morning one of sockets on the power strip my computer in plugged into went out for some reason. I was working on a personal art project and all the work I'd put into it was lost. Now I have to start all over again.

Current Motivation Level; 0.

Willingness to overcome intertia; 0

Possibility of running down to 7-11 for some kind of breakfast material; minimal.

Current Wants; sit and listen to music all day, accomplishing nothing at all.

I need to find out why my washer drains onto the floor instead of into the drain though. frack.

So it has been three working days plus Saturday and no replacement credit card. I ring up about it and say no card and no notice of attempted delivery.

The couriers apparantly tried to deliver on Saturday but as I point out, no card saying so. Then they say they delivered it last night. No they didn't no card again.

So a new card has to be issued. And I can telephone the couriers on Tuesday 30th to find out if they will deliver on the 1st or 2nd June.

I am not going to be at home as my boss is out all those days on holiday with his family. If they louse this up there will be trouble.

I did not get the technician job I applied for. sh*t.

My washing machine is still f-ck-d.

Here's my 3 step easy-fix-it for anyone who owns a washing machine that may be not be working correctly:

1) Obtain a 60 pound sledge hammer

2) Beat washing maching into a small ball of scrap metal (We recommend unplugging it first)

3) Purchase new washing machine.

I may not be able to pay off my credit card as hoped in June. grrrr.

I was told to "keep an eye on the boards" since I apparently just missed the position based on which areas of experience I had vs the other guy ... the implication being another posting may be forthcoming soon. And since I don't see them opening a 5th position that means someone is probably leaving, which is too bad because it really sucks to lose experienced techs.

You know, if all trade ins were supposed to be quoted out as "Fair" quality according to the Kelly Blue Book, they wouldn't have friggin bothered to come up with quotes for "Good" and "Excellent". Car dealers really annoy me. If I can find one in Northern Cali that is willing to give me a reasonable trade in on my Highlander, I'll be buying a Prius. I'm beginning to think that I'll be sticking with the Highlander for a while...

I had much better luck buying a used car direct rather than dealing with the crooks at the dealerships. Of course, it took forever for a decent car to come up in the classifieds, and it's a bit more risky since here, the lemon law does not apply to private transactions.

Well that's just craptastic.

People in the other department are leaving now. Why? I have no 'effin idea. But, I suspect the one person who remains working in that department will be gone soon as well. But then we'll get to tell on her when her boss gets back next week.

But still. It 'effin sucks.