The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

One of my players will be spending the next three weekends training with and translating for Jet Li's Wu Shu teacher. On the one hand, this is an incredible opportunity for him. On the other hand, we don't get to game for a month.

I know it's petty, but damn it, what's more important, a once in a lifetime training opportunity and a chance to meet one of the true Masters, or my Sunday game day?

The fact that I know the answer doesn't make me much less annoyed. ;)

One of my players will be spending the next three weekends training with and translating for Jet Li's Wu Shu teacher. On the one hand, this is an incredible opportunity for him. On the other hand, we don't get to game for a month.

I know it's petty, but damn it, what's more important, a once in a lifetime training opportunity and a chance to meet one of the true Masters, or my Sunday game day?

The fact that I know the answer doesn't make me much less annoyed. ;)

I know, one of my players thinks his children's extra-curricular activities are important and that he should be supportive, sometimes having to miss our games... :rolleyes: ...what kinda dedication to a game is that?! Don't these people sit and seriously consider PRIORITIES?

I mean, what could be more life-fulfilling than an RPG session with you or I?

I know, one of my players thinks his children's extra-curricular activities are important and that he should be supportive, sometimes having to miss our games... :rolleyes: ...what kinda dedication to a game is that?! Don't these people sit and seriously consider PRIORITIES?

I mean, what could be more life-fulfilling than an RPG session with you or I?

Exactly! ;)

There's also this chemical' date=' called Feliway, which apparently contains some kind of cat hormones which calms them. They have diffusers which add it into the air in the house or apartment. I've heard several people swear by it, and it seems like the kindest way to get a cat to adjust to change.[/quote']

It's hit or miss in my experience. I've also tried Rescue Remedy, and certain other floral essenses. Some work on some cats.

The only phone number I have was for that particular store. I walked the entirety of the mall in hopes that they did relocate. I heard that it was bought by the same company that owns FYE and if that's correct they might remodel but who knows.

Well, Suncoast is a pretty big chain (http://www.suncoast.com), so even if that store is gone for good odds are they've got another store somewhere not too far away. Don't know if another store would be able to honor your pre-orders or not, but at least they might be able to tell you what happened.

My twelve year old son had a really bad athsma attack last night and had to go to the ER. He finally was admitted at 3AM and shared a room. The other kids mother had the TV in the kids unit on "urban videos" at 3:30 AM so that while my sick kid was trying to sleep he and my wife got to hear the "gangstas goin' on 'bout they bitches". We are moving to another room this morning. Yah, I'm cranky as Hell about it. Sick kid. No sleep. Tons of paperwork.

So, it turns out I have a half sister who's from another galaxy.

We met for coffee and she was telling me about her last relatiohship She's basically human with dark blue skin and white hair. She met this human on the internet and he slept with her and then snuck away in the night. He left a shirt. A green shirt with gold trim and a black collar.

Yeah, I'm looking at you Mentor.

My twelve year old son had a really bad athsma attack last night and had to go to the ER. He finally was admitted at 3AM and shared a room. The other kids mother had the TV in the kids unit on "urban videos" at 3:30 AM so that while my sick kid was trying to sleep he and my wife got to hear the "gangstas goin' on 'bout they bitches". We are moving to another room this morning. Yah' date=' I'm cranky as Hell about it. Sick kid. No sleep. Tons of paperwork.[/quote']

Could be worse, we had to take our jaundiced newborn back to the hospital and spend the night sharing a room with a baby who had diarrhea. And about ten members of that baby's family.

Nothing like spending the night on a folding metal chair, in a freezing hospital room, to give you a great start to the day.

Could be worse, we had to take our jaundiced newborn back to the hospital and spend the night sharing a room with a baby who had diarrhea. And about ten members of that baby's family.

Nothing like spending the night on a folding metal chair, in a freezing hospital room, to give you a great start to the day.

Why are those damned rooms so cold. (Cranky rhetorical question. No smrt@ss answers from Enforcer84 or scientifically correct answers from Cancer or McCoy required.:D )

Why are those damned rooms so cold. (Cranky rhetorical question. No smrt@ss answers from Enforcer84 or scientifically correct answers from Cancer or McCoy required.:D )

I think it really is deliberate, but I couldn't tell you why. I still curse the people who told me what to put in my trip-to-the-hospital-to-have-a-baby overnight bag, because they didn't mention anything about a parka or three days' worth of food.

Is it just me or do you seem to be perpetually sick or injured? I can't decide whether you're sickly because you're never healthy' date=' or incredibly tough because you've survived it all.[/quote']

I was a sickly child, but I got a little stronger growing up. Still, I wasn't physically active until I was in my late 20s when I started tkd. So I had to put in the extra effort in order to excel. Also, I tend to overdo it, which is why I injure myself a lot.

On the one hand, I'm more fit than I've been in years. On the other hand, I'm no spring chicken, so it takes me a while to recover.

But the common cold has been my nemesis since I was a kid. And there seems to be a strain that's going around here. My sisters both got sick first, and there were a few other people coughing on the train yesterday.

may better you be.

I had one of those. It sucked, but all birthdays since have been wonderful in comparison.

Happy birthday.

Thanks for the well wishes.

My twelve year old son had a really bad athsma attack last night and had to go to the ER. He finally was admitted at 3AM and shared a room. The other kids mother had the TV in the kids unit on "urban videos" at 3:30 AM so that while my sick kid was trying to sleep he and my wife got to hear the "gangstas goin' on 'bout they bitches". We are moving to another room this morning. Yah' date=' I'm cranky as Hell about it. Sick kid. No sleep. Tons of paperwork.[/quote']

I hope your kids get better soon, guys.