The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

I am going to politely suggest on an eval form that the guy who works the opening shift at the coffee counter over in the business building be ... retrained. About a quarter of the times I go to that place in the early morning, I end up with a cup with a good half-teaspoon of grounds in it. For someone in that biz, that's inexcusable.

I think my desktop is fried. We popped a circuit breaker last night while the computer was in sleep mode, and now it won't boot up. Asks me a question about 'resuming Windows', but neither answer helps. Cannot enter Safe Mode.

Edit: Never mind ... I have no idea what I did, but it seems to be functioning fine now.

I think my desktop is fried. We popped a circuit breaker last night while the computer was in sleep mode, and now it won't boot up. Asks me a question about 'resuming Windows', but neither answer helps. Cannot enter Safe Mode.

Edit: Never mind ... I have no idea what I did, but it seems to be functioning fine now.

Windows, at times, has some rather neat recovery abilities.

A haiku:

Yesterday it worked.

Today it is not working.

Windows is like that.

Up all night. All my attempts at conversation are starting fights. This day has begun like h&ll.

I can sympathize SK. I was up all night out of anxiety about my job and then had to fight to keep control of my emotions on a conference call.

Well, this morning my dad tried to cut his thumb off on a saw. Okay, he didn't TRY to, he just almost managed it. The good news is that they were able to pin the bone back together, reconnect the tendon and even the nerves. It will probably take quite a while for him to regain feeling in the tip of the thumb but...

Thank GOD it was his left thumb. If either he or I suffer an injury to our Right hand we are just plain SOL. They did let him go home this evening, so that is good.

Well, this morning my dad tried to cut his thumb off on a saw. Okay, he didn't TRY to, he just almost managed it. The good news is that they were able to pin the bone back together, reconnect the tendon and even the nerves. It will probably take quite a while for him to regain feeling in the tip of the thumb but...

Thank GOD it was his left thumb. If either he or I suffer an injury to our Right hand we are just plain SOL. They did let him go home this evening, so that is good.

Good that it was fixable!

In more mundane mishaps, I got stung by a yellow jacket Saturday, on the main working surface of my left middle finger. I was laying out the extension cord prior to mowing the lawn -- we have an electric mower -- and the wasp must have been fornicating with the bright yellow cord when I put my hand on it. The finger is still swollen. It doesn't hurt any more; it just itches.

In more mundane mishaps' date=' I got stung by a yellow jacket Saturday, on the main working surface of my left middle finger. I was laying out the extension cord prior to mowing the lawn -- we have an electric mower -- and the wasp must have been fornicating with the bright yellow cord when I put my hand on it. The finger is still swollen. It doesn't hurt any more; it just itches.[/quote']

I hate those things. I'd be perfectly happy leaving them alone if they would stay the f_k out of my way, but they don't.

Which reminds me, I need to buy another can of wasp spray. Summer is here.

I was moving a desk yesterday and knocked over and broke a clock. It was a pretty basic homemade clock made with a piece of tile for a face in a simple wood frame with stick-on plastic numbers and cheap clock guts. The tile shattered and there was really no saving it. The thing was it was made by my Dad who is now gone. He used to make things like this for gifts all the time but I don't have many and it is one very tangible link to my dad that is now gone with him.

A relationship ended for me today, not my marriage, my Life Coach. It had to happen, we were making each other miserable and it just didn't work out. I have made much progress with her over the nearly four years of our association and will always be grateful for that but at this point I will work much better with someone else.

Being dumped does hurt though even if it is what needs to be done so OddHat and I went to my favorite restaurant and we both pigged out. If you are friended to OddHat on facebook, he posted a picture of his Sushi feast. I don't eat fish except shrimp so I had shrimp, steak, fried rice and chocolate ice cream.

This day sucked for OddHat too. Tomorrow can only be better.

All the roads are under water! Everywhere I go (or try to) there's a road closed due to high water. Turn around, double back, try another route, then find out it's also closed. Give up, change plans, find a grocery store that's open all night an hour from home. I might have enough food to last until the flood's over, now. This is what happens when it doesn't stop raining for a whole *&^%$#@ month....

All the roads are under water! Everywhere I go (or try to) there's a road closed due to high water. Turn around' date=' double back, try another route, then find out it's also closed. Give up, change plans, find a grocery store that's open all night an hour from home. I [i']might[/i] have enough food to last until the flood's over, now. This is what happens when it doesn't stop raining for a whole *&^%$#@ month....

Send us some rain please *looks wistfully at flooding and hurricanes elsewhere*