The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

Daytime was using the 12' hornet spray, lit.

Usually that's not an option since they typically nest under the eaves of the house. This time they hung their nest under a large leaf on a random bush in the yard. One that had lots of weeds under it. That I was pulling. Surprise! At least I expect the ones under the eaves.

I'm always amused when I see someone on these forums start an argument with the words, "I've been playing Champions for 30 years, and ..."

Yeah, dude? Seriously? These forums are filled with Champions grognards. Half the people here still have their old boxed sets. We half-jokingly refer to people who started playing 15+ years ago, back in the early 90s with 4th edition, as "newbies."

Your "I've been playing Champions since oughteen-dickety-six" argument gives you no authority in these parts. Or at least, no more authority than just about everyone else here. :rolleyes:

*sigh*

Dear person-on-another-forum,

When you've been banned twice, the correct course of action is not to make yet another account with a name derivative of the previous two and make a thread titled 'I'm back! Did you miss me?'.

Kthxbai.

how'd you know it was me?

Yes' date=' better to die outright than suffer through a difficult diagnosis. :)[/quote']

I know you're joking, but honestly, these days ... that really IS my opinion. I've looked at my life and I've realized I'm going to basically be replaying the same week over and over and over for the rest of my life. Nothing is going to change.

I really do not want to go through another 30 years of this.

I'm always amused when I see someone on these forums start an argument with the words, "I've been playing Champions for 30 years, and ..."

Yeah, dude? Seriously? These forums are filled with Champions grognards. Half the people here still have their old boxed sets. We half-jokingly refer to people who started playing 15+ years ago, back in the early 90s with 4th edition, as "newbies."

Your "I've been playing Champions since oughteen-dickety-six" argument gives you no authority in these parts. Or at least, no more authority than just about everyone else here. :rolleyes:

Well, I've been playing since before the rules were created... ;)

Personally I get a great deal of enjoyment out of replying with something to the effect of "Huh. I've been playing at least as long, and I totally disagree with you". :eg:

Does that make me a bad person? :angel:

Same thing happens here with water bills. If they can't read the meter for some reason (and here, since the meters are often on the pipe running into the house -- usually underground with an access cover it -- that happens if there's a car parked over the meter access cover when they come to read it) they bill you some fiduciary amount which is just insanely large. No idea where the number came from, but it's the same every time. So we're careful where we park (we don't have a garage or carport) the first few days of the month, so the dumb meter-reader can get to the thing and read the right number.

Same thing happens here with water bills. If they can't read the meter for some reason (and here' date=' since the meters are often on the pipe running into the house -- usually underground with an access cover it -- that happens if there's a car parked over the meter access cover when they come to read it) they bill you some fiduciary amount which is just insanely large. No idea where the number came from, but it's the same every time. So we're careful where we park (we don't have a garage or carport) the first few days of the month, so the dumb meter-reader can get to the thing and read the right number.[/quote']

My water company has a thing on my meter so they don't have to get out of the car to read it. Some kind of transmitter. It works ok, why the gas company can't do the samething is beyond me. :doi: