Need help with names!

SuperBlue

Okay, I'm running a Champs game and have come up with a cool idea for a trio of villains called "The Technophiles" (Basically they are hi-tech villains).

I need names for each of the three.. and I don't wanna wind up taking a name already used. So here they are:

GunBunny (name I might use) - Uses hi-tech guns, and has a teleportation mechanism inside her coat to bring her weapons from an automated storage system (a computer controlled Van) but she must be within 1 KM of the Van for it to work.

Glider type - Somewhat of a GreenGoblin/Hobgoblin adaptation. Basically he flies around on a Glider (bought as a Vehical that only he can pilot). He also carries a variety of bombs, and has a Staff that can fire various energy blasts (MP with OAF).

Tentacle/Powered Armor (Inspired by Doc Oc from Spiderman two) - this guy built a powered armor with Tentacles bearing various toys. He has 4 in the back with various toys (a la Doc Oc), plus each of his arms have two retractable whip-like Tentacles.

So... what says HEROdom?

Re: Need help with names!

GunBunny - good name, I'd go with it, especially for a female character. I have a similar character, male, who paints himself up like a clown for added creepiness. He's called Gunplay.

Glider-Guy - If you want to stick with the Green Goblin motiff (pumpkin bombs, etc), how about Halloween?

Tenticles Guy - One I ripped off from Rifts, Daddy Long Legs.

GunBunny - good name, I'd go with it, especially for a female character. I have a similar character, male, who paints himself up like a clown for added creepiness. He's called Gunplay.

Glider-Guy - If you want to stick with the Green Goblin motiff (pumpkin bombs, etc), how about Halloween?

Tenticles Guy - One I ripped off from Rifts, Daddy Long Legs.

Problem with GunBunny is she is an ex PRIMUS agent... and the group is a trio of Mercenaries... not many would take her seriously...

as for Halloween... I'm not keeping the Goblin motif... just the glider concept

Dadd Long Legs? Don't think so.

For GunBunny...

...Target (Targetmistress?)...

...The Markswoman...

...Bullet (I don't see Steve reviving the charater)...

For GliderGuy...

...Foxwing...

...Blackbird (especaly if his glider has a bird theam, and he uses bird wapontrie)...

...The Rider (if it is more of a weapions platform type glider)...

For TenticalGuy...

...Calamari (Killamari?)...

...The Squid...

...Snakelord (especaly if you base the tenticals to look more like snakes then octopie)...

...Dark Spyder (if you base the tenticals on 'extnding insect legs')...

...Shiva The Destroyer (based on the hindu god, and also based on the fact that most hindu gods have more than two arms)...

I like Strafe for the gun-toter. And Raptor was reccomended for the Glider (has that name been used?). Was gonna use Chrome Raptor except that sounds like a Megaman Villain....

Overfiend sounds kinda good for the Tentacle guy... still not too sure. Could use the name Backlash... but there was already a powered-armor villain by that name (tho it could be he escaped from Stronghold and upgraded his armor and joined a new team... that would work pretty well...

Okay, let's try approaching this from another direction: these characters are called "Technophiles," implying that they employ advanced technology. So, what are some appropriate techno-sounding terms for the equipment that each specializes in?

GunBunny: Autofire, Flechette

Glider Guy: Airfoil, Delta-V ("V" for "Villain")

Tentacle/Armor: Grapnel, Waldo (could be his real name)

I'll see if I can come up with some others.

I actually like Gun Bunny she should go all out with it full on play boy bunny outfit fishnets stick on ears and cotton tail (with hidden derringers or stun greandes he he) and lots of seduction and a lust based presence attack to distract male agents.

Other names HOTSHOT Steel heart

Flyer

Razor wing

Black Seraphim

Harrier steel

Kestrel

Many armed guy

MAN-O-WAR after the deadly jellyfish. Then you could have him put on a fake Portuguese accent.

Gun Bunny is not a name I would recommend... it is kind of goofy. Most likely the players would just make fun of it and she would never be taken seriously. Have her name be based off how she uses the weapons...

Gunbunny = Ricochette (sp, sorry suck at spelling), Longshot or Ghost (if a sniper), hmmm... what else... how about Snapshot if she is quick... just some ideas.

Glider guy:Slipstream (if really fast), Strafe (if using passing attacks), Afterburner (if uses sudden bursts of speed), Sideswipe (if using ramming attacks)

Doc Ock guy: I liked the idea of Cy-Dra, but you could just call him Hydra. Once again, I would base his name off how he uses his powers or their style. For example, maybe his arms are like the ones in SM2 and they can control him, so he has a dark side and good side and you could call him Janus, after the two face god.

Later,

Jonathan

"Problem with GunBunny is she is an ex PRIMUS agent... and the group is a trio of Mercenaries... not many would take her seriously..."

That could be a funny running joke though.

Super 1: WTH.. Gunbunny. This'll be a cake walk *charges right in*

Super 2: Wait! I thought the same thing once-"

*BAM!*

Super 1 gets slammed back across the street courtesy of GB's particle cannon.

Gunbunny = Ricochette (sp' date=' sorry suck at spelling), Longshot or Ghost (if a sniper), hmmm... what else... how about Snapshot if she is quick... just some ideas.[/quote']

If you go with Ghost, you get ready-made character art: here :cool:

Okay, I'm running a Champs game and have come up with a cool idea for a trio of villains called "The Technophiles" (Basically they are hi-tech villains).

I need names for each of the three.. and I don't wanna wind up taking a name already used. So here they are:

GunBunny (name I might use) - Uses hi-tech guns, and has a teleportation mechanism inside her coat to bring her weapons from an automated storage system (a computer controlled Van) but she must be within 1 KM of the Van for it to work.

I agree that Gunbunny's too facetious--I'd go with:

Fire Control

Weaponeer

Cover Fire

Blaster

Glider type - Somewhat of a GreenGoblin/Hobgoblin adaptation. Basically he flies around on a Glider (bought as a Vehical that only he can pilot). He also carries a variety of bombs, and has a Staff that can fire various energy blasts (MP with OAF).

Buld the glider with inverted gull wings, and you can call him Stuka.

Airstriker and Airpower are also good, too.

Tentacle/Powered Armor (Inspired by Doc Oc from Spiderman two) - this guy built a powered armor with Tentacles bearing various toys. He has 4 in the back with various toys (a la Doc Oc), plus each of his arms have two retractable whip-like Tentacles.

I like the Shiva the Destroyer suggestion, especially if you give him energy blasters built into his tentacles.

Hope that helps