Cool Names for a Superman Tribute Character?

humantorch101

Hi Guys,

I am looking for great names for my Superman tribute character in my ultimate Superhero universe.

One condition I will want to use the name again for Supergirl and Superboy tributes so it must work for all three in some way.

I was going to go with the silver age sentinel character name "Sentinel" with Young Senintel and Lady Sentinel as the other tribute names.

Just wanted to pick peoples brains.

Torch

Re: Cool Names for a Superman Tribute Character?

Well let me add some obvious ones that you left out:

• Hyper-Man <--- my personal favorite!! ;)
  • HyperMan
  • Hyperman

(and in every case 'Man' or 'man' can be replaced by 'boy', 'girl', 'dog', 'turtle', 'cat', 'horse' or any others I may have left out...)

:cool:

Hercules, Mr. Hercules, Captain Hercules -> Young Hercules, Kid Hercules, Teen Hercules, Hercules Jr, etc; Miss Hercules, She-Hercules, etc.

Sunman -> Sunlad, Sunwoman, etc.

Alphaman -> Alphalad, Alphagirl, etc.

John Strong -> John Strong Jr, Jane Strong

The one in Gestalt is the Titan (originally "the Spartan", but changed to avoid confusion with the Wildstorm character). There's also an African Supes tribute character named Umsipha, and there was an evil Superman (now deceased) known as the Vandal.

If you want something more explicit. I like "the Tomorrow Knight".

Scott Bennie

Amazing Man

Amazing Girl/Woman

Amazing Boy

or the funny...

Way Too Powerful Man

Way Too Powerful Woman

Way Too Powerful Boy

or

The Last Son of Planet X

The Last Daughter of Planet X

OOPS! The Real Last Son of Planet X

I like Amazing Man.

Hyper-Turtle? :shock:
If you ever get a chance to look at the Keith Giffen Legion of Super-Heroes Poster there is a picture of a flying turtle with a familiar red and gold cape.

The trade paperback of the Great Darkness Saga has a pullout version of the poster and and index of every character on it and the turtle is in fact named Super-Turtle!

He is just under and to the left of Dream Girl.

* I also forgot to mention Hyper-Monkey! (Super-Monkey is also on the poster mentioned above.) :eek:

one more thing...

If you really want this to a tribute to Superman think about how his name has been used to describe nearly ALL costumed crime-fighters in some way.

SUPERheroes

SUPERpowers

SUPERstrength

SUPERspeed

how many other suggestions can replace all these different uses of SUPER in the language as good as HYPER? Maybe ULTRA but it is already a known character, same with Paragon. For really silly you could certainly get some laughs with MEGATON-man or even Captain Everything.

just my 2 yen....

Guest WhammeWhamme

Titan

Titania

Titan-Lad

(Titan-Lad seems kinda lame. Let me think on it) :D

Alpha

Alphagirl

Alphaboy

Titimmy?

* I also forgot to mention Hyper-Monkey! (Super-Monkey is also on the poster mentioned above.) :eek:

Beppo. (shudder)

How 'bout:

Marvelman

Marvelgirl

Marvelboy

Or for a thouroughly Silver-Age feel:

Mightyman

Mightymaid

Mightylad

Or for a Saturday Morning feel:

Supremor

Suprema

Supremie(?)

OK, that last one sucked. I'll stop now.

Keith "Resplendant Man" Curtis

Just to get off-topic for a sec. I have to say how much your handle scares me. Human Torch 101 sounds like a class at Hero University. One that you don't want to fail.

"Good morning students and welcome to Human Torch 101. I'm your instructor, Professor Storm. In your desks, you will find a pint of kerosene and a match. I hope you all took trips into the stratosphere during a cosmic ray storm this summer, cause here's where it gets tricky..."

Keith "Too much time on my mind" Curtis

Just to get off-topic for a sec. I have to say how much your handle scares me. Human Torch 101 sounds like a class at Hero University. One that you don't want to fail.

"Good morning students and welcome to Human Torch 101. I'm your instructor, Professor Storm. In your desks, you will find a pint of kerosene and a match. I hope you all took trips into the stratosphere during a cosmic ray storm this summer, cause here's where it gets tricky..."

Keith "Too much time on my mind" Curtis

LOL that would be bad times to forget to study for that class... I have always been partial to Paragon myself :)

LOL that would be bad times to forget to study for that class... I have always been partial to Paragon myself :)

I like Paragon too, In fact I have most of the old Captain Paragon comics.

But Paragon, Supreme, Vangard, Prime, etc.. are difficult at best to adapt to the equivalents of superBOY, superGIRL, etc...

Uncle Slam is my game's Superman-esque character (though not nearly as powerful).

I've got a Paragon in my game too, and he IS the most powerful character in the campaign. He's a retired hero with a power suit who was forced to quit because it was slowly killing him. He's an NPC who fixes and flies airplanes. His daughter is NPC hero "Aces High", whose picture I posted long ago in the Superhero Images thread.