Super Powers that are really "wanted" ... by everyone

Hermit

Sgt. Gold kept an eye on Timebomb even in the middle of battle. The kid was doing alright, using his temporal control powers to blur between their opponents and then freezing them in stasis. Gold himself whirled his questionite staff in a low arc tripping three foes at once.

"Stay down," The veteran super hero warned them. The sergeant might be old, but as the goons looked up at the ice blue gaze, some primal fear gripped them, and they numbly nodded.

Ani-maid finished her own match up, shifting out of her panther form, "Got mine. Timebomb, you got yours?"

"Yup. Five stiffs frozen," The young man grinned under his mask. As the rookie of the crew, he'd been knocking himself out trying to impress his team mates. For once, he felt like he had really earned his place. Noticing the cameras of the press already, his smile broadened even more, he wasn't a glory hound, but dang it felt great to do things right.

Behind him, the stasis for one of the men he froze was ending. The thug looked confused, then leveled his laser gun at the back of Timebomb's head

Ani-Maid began to shift even as she called out, "Time Bomb, behind you!" but her form change was slowing her down, she wouldn't be able to cross the distance in time.

Sgt. Gold was another matter. Catapulting himself over twenty feet instantly; Gold disarmed and knocked out the man with such rapidity that the human eye would have trouble following it.

Timebomb breathed a sigh of relief as he saw his would be assassin go down. He tried to contain his embarrassment, "Thanks Sarge, I owe you ...." There was a wheeze sound beside him. Sgt Gold was clutching his chest and falling to his knees.

"... one?" Timebomb moved to the old soldier only to find Ani-Maid by his side already.

"Ani-Maid, what's wrong with him?"

"Heart attack!" She sounded amazed, "He strained himself making that leap and... we have to get him to a hospital, but I don't think he'll make it!"

"The Hell he won't." Timebomb touched the old man's brow. He'd caused wounds to heal at a faster rate before, but that wouldn't help this. No, not speeding up, something else? Going back. Restore strength to the heart that was there before, make it strong again, yes, he could do it. He had to.

There was a blurring, and the features of Sgt Gold softened. Old wrinkles began to seep back into skin, and the paleness was replaced by health. The wheezing stopped, and the once grey haired sergeant was now golden haired indeed.

"@#$#!" Timebomb said, forgetting he was on national TV. He had meant to help the heart, but he hadn't realized he could do this!

"Oh my god," Ani-Maid gasped, "We've got to get the heck out of here." She started to help the 30 year old Sgt. Gold up, "and hurry."

"Why? why hurry?" Timebomb replied, snapping out of it.

"Because lad," The Sgt found his voice, and it was a testament to the man's will that he hadn't given into simply gaping in amazement at the changes done to him, and that voice lowered in volume so only his team mates could hear, "You just proved that you're a living Fountain of Youth and you did it on national TV."

Timebomb turned again to the cameras, they were at least 3 networks represented there, and they were all zooming in on his face. Stomping bad guys was one thing it seemed, ordinary; turning back the clock and restoring youth another, that was BIG news. He suddenly realized his life would never be the same again.

Re: Super Powers that are really "wanted" ... by everyone

Pardon the length of the above fiction... it just came to me.

So, what if your character found out he could heal cancer, AIDS, or any diesaes imaginable? What if he could restore youth? Or even ressurect the dead? What if he could create food for a nation?

What limits, if any, could or would he establish?

Talk about hunteds....

Pardon the length of the above fiction... it just came to me.

So, what if your character found out he could heal cancer, AIDS, or any diesaes imaginable? What if he could restore youth? Or even ressurect the dead? What if he could create food for a nation?

What limits, if any, could or would he establish?

Talk about hunteds....

I suspect my character would go around doing so to anyone he met, talking about how people should treat each other better, until he was arrested, tried, and executed.

There was an independant comic, Megaton, had some old Erik Larsen work in it actually. Anyway, the lead character in the main stories was Megaton he had super strength, toughness, some antigrav equipment for flight and regeneration. He also had two hearts which allowed him to survive the treatment that gave him his powers.

The thing was he had been a b-list celebrity and his manager told the press and public that he'd contacted AIDs and that's why he had been missing (the treatments and subsequent recovery took almost two years IIRC.

The Agent had thought the AIDs claim would give Megaton's career a boost (it had done marvels for Rock Hudson!). So when he made his return, the press went with the story that he had beaten AIDs. He awoke one day to find thousands of people outside his house looking for a "Cure".

You could really lay on the angst. Imagine a healer character getting a litttle girl...

"Dear Gaia

My mommy had cancer. She got sick and died. Why didn't you help her? I HATE YOU!"

Ham handed tear jerker moment. :)

I suspect my character would go around doing so to anyone he met' date=' talking about how people should treat each other better, until he was arrested, tried, and executed.[/quote']

Yeah, I know a lot of the powers I used as an example are pretty standard faire in religious works.

Still, you get the idea. Heck, to be more materialistic about it, if a hero could create diamonds out of coal ala super man and the majority of the public found out, well, one wonders who would be on his case about that?

"Ultro-Man, the Jewelers of America have requested that a judge put a restraining order on you to prevent you from creating any diamonds in the future." :)

You could really lay on the angst. Imagine a healer character getting a litttle girl...

"Dear Gaia

My mommy had cancer. She got sick and died. Why didn't you help her? I HATE YOU!"

Ham handed tear jerker moment. :)

Oooo, that's evil. That's Hawkeye Pierce gets a letter from the boy who's brother he patched up just so he could go out and die evil...

Nice. :)

Interesting story... I like it. Wanna write more? :)

My friends and I have discussed it, and we always figured in the end the character would wind up basically imprisoned and forced to do his thing by either some government or some super rich tycoon type.

If it was as public as your writeup, I could imagine wars starting over him.

:(

"He is the devil, come to tempt with easy freedom from our pains. Our pains which are meant to be our trials in life...a false angel."

Considering how many people trek to places that "someone, maybe, kind of had a vision of Mary" consider what kind of crowds are going to pile up around someone who can cure anything.

What happens to the medical research field when companies decide "we're not going to spend millions and millions on your research, instead we're going to use all that money to try to hire Hero-X, or buy airline stocks." Suddenly, medical achievement begins to slow... and maybe stop.

And consider how many villains and super wealthy old guys are obsessed with immortality or something in comics.

And consider how many villains and super wealthy old guys are obsessed with immortality or something in comics.

True, in the CU5th, Dr. Destroyer is desperate to stop his aging. Heck, I wonder why he doesn't hunt Capt. Chronos on a 14-.

it doesnt even have to be as momentous as a fountain of youth a really good wrinkle cream would make you a target for a billion dollar industry(as is currently the case with Mystique). district X is currently doing a story lien about a mutant who happesn to produce a powerful psychadelic drug from hsi skin and is held in seculsion by gangsters who harvest it and sell it and who is then kidnapped by another group.

even spider man in one of the marvel team ups(I think with the black knight) was hunted by a guy who wanted to use his webbing to make bullet proof vests.

even spider man in one of the marvel team ups(I think with the black knight) was hunted by a guy who wanted to use his webbing to make bullet proof vests.

I liked that one, though I was wondering why the guy didn't just go hassle Tony Stark ;)

Ther was an issue of Superman where he was being stalked for death by a density manipulating Ninjette. She held Clark responsible for the death of her beloved husband.

Clark was incapacitated early on and the woman was being fended off by "Supergirl" (who claimed to be Clark's daughter from the future), John Henry Irons niece, and some hippie asian mystical girl. At one point the battle makes its way to Supes' Trophy room. (not exactly sure where this takes place...)

The assassin is putting Clark down as arrogant (look he has a trophy room!) The room includes fan mail.

Ms. Irons challenges the assassin to read the letters and it's letter after letter of "You failed us, Superman."

actually it made me wonder why spidey never made a suit out of the stuff would stop his costume getting ripped to shreads all the darn time.

for that matter why did he never get in touch with Tony stark and arrange a police side arm based on his web shooters/impact webbing. Sorry that just bugged me especially with him always whining about hsi finances .

yeah i think its catually about an hour but how long do you really need to get a perp to jail. every police officer in the world would want one.I ts almost totally nonlethal with a solid take down capability and restraint all in one. perfect for riots kicking pout time down the local boozer or stopping street crime.

oops i guess you mean for making a suit out of it I think the time limit is self imposed to prevent spideys webbing completly covering new york the trapster/pastepot pete made a version that was permenant with much the same properties.

In Klytus' Champions world, there is a character called the Invulnerable Man. He's a mutant, who can't be hurt. By anything. He's hunted by just about every government and paramilitary organization on the planet, who all want to study him so they can copy his invulnerability. Well, except for Purity. They want to kill him because he's a mutant.

Invulnerability aside, he has no powers. And he just wants to be left alone. When our trio of heros met up with him, we offered him a mutant detector jammer, a place to stay, a job, and NO EXPERIMENTS. He jumped at it.

And sightings of the Invulnerable Man have dropped dramaticly, for reasons which the press continues to speculate upon.

Doc

Anybody with two directional time travel would be pretty desirable by just about everybody.

Something awful just happened? Just hit your speed dialer and get the timetraveller to fix it before it happens. Short of cash? You can pick from lotto numbers, hot stock tips, or sports scores. It's not even illegal.

Side effects? We'll worry about those later.