Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

As an aside' date=' I have a theory. The lowest common denominator. There is someone who is the most annoying person in your office. When they go away, if they are not replaced with an equal or greater annoyance; someone who "wasn't so bad" is elevated to the most annoying person in your office. [/quote']

I think you're on to something, though the new Most Annoying Person usually won't be as bad as the previous title holder unless they go out of their way to do so. Seriously, though, my sympathies. That kind of drama makes it rough for everyone, even those not directly involved.

The Most Annoying Person in our office quite about a month back.

Been nice and quiet and happy as far as I'm concerned. No one has stepped up to replace him as Most Annoying. It'd be a tough task, he managed to tick me off by merely talking some days.

It's not a perfect Theory. But then I've always found my AssMan (assistant Manager) to be a pain in the tuckus. She's my fall back. 10 years and counting.

Yeah' date=' not everything that is an upsell item is unneeded. :)[/quote']

Indeed. So I do actually listen when people try to upsell me, at least long enough to let the thought that they might know what they're talking about into my brain.

When I worked at Suncoast, most people didn't even allow me that much.

Naw' date=' I've had it fail too. :) I was just pointing out that there are times that it works.[/quote']

Yeah, depending on what the problem is, either a lens cleaner will clear up all of the issues, or it won't do a dratted thing. Josh's and my DVD player is actually dying now (it fixates on dust and micro-scratches, instead of the disc itself), and, while the lens cleaner can clear away the things it's fixating on, the littlest scratch will make it impossible to watch a movie.

(We rent a lot, or this wouldn't be an issue. We take care of our own library. And yes, we're getting a new player after Christmas. They're cheap enough.)

. . Note to self: Kill every bastard that can leave work early.

Unless they're already dead. In that case, kill them again and burn the remains with gasoline.

Not my fault I'm in a non-mission critical position.

Heh. "Mission critical position." Sounds funny in the pr0n industry. :lol:

. . . Has there been a prn movie with that position made since . . . ever?

You would not believe some of the positions people get into in pr0n movies. :eek:

But in reference to my job, yes, there are several people here who have mission-critical jobs and who can't just up and leave if the weather gets bad. Luckily, I'm not one of them. :celebrate

Just went outside, and it's getting pretty bad out there. Bet it'll take me 1.5+ hours to get home tonight. :(

It is snowing like a summagun outside right now. The wind is blowing really hard' date=' too. And it's cold. Could be the big one. I think I'm gonna leave work early today.[/quote']

Yeah, we've already gotten a good 4 inches here, and still coming down. Was out walking the dog a couple hours ago and it was quite pleasant, but the wind has picked up a bit in the last hour. Finally, a decent winter storm! :celebrate

. . . Note to self: Kill every bastard that can leave work early.

Being able to telecommute is great most of the time. The downside: no snow days. :(

Yeah, we've already gotten a good 4 inches here, and still coming down. Was out walking the dog a couple hours ago and it was quite pleasant, but the wind has picked up a bit in the last hour. Finally, a decent winter storm! :celebrate

Being able to telecommute is great most of the time. The downside: no snow days. :(

Braggart! :P

Though we're supposed to get some precip tomorrow or friday. Rain though. :( It is supposed to be in the upper 50's on XMas.

Finally made it home, safe and sound and in one piece! The roads are the worst I've ever seen/driven on. Took me 3 hours to get home (normally takes 1 hour). In fact, I just heard on the news that they are closing the Interstates. I'm pretty much not going in tomorrow -- no way they'll have the roads open by the morning. I only saw 2 snowplows my entire drive.

Finally made it home' date=' safe and sound and in one piece! The roads are the [u']worst[/u] I've ever seen/driven on. Took me 3 hours to get home (normally takes 1 hour). In fact, I just heard on the news that they are closing the Interstates. I'm pretty much not going in tomorrow -- no way they'll have the roads open by the morning. I only saw 2 snowplows my entire drive.

I saw calls for 10-20 inches of snow for you guys. There might even be some left by XMas. :)

Oh, and I think the person was looking for what specifically you DO in the adult entertainment industry. :D

I saw calls for 10-20 inches of snow for you guys. There might even be some left by XMas. :)

Just finished shovelling - we've got a good 10-12 inches already!

Oh' date=' and I think the person was looking for what specifically you DO in the adult entertainment industry. :D[/quote']

:confused: ...He's the bunny. What else needs to be said? ;)