Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

Wait' date=' you mean the Swedish have politics beyond patiently sitting around, getting drunk, and telling anyone who will listen that they're not in Norway?[/quote']... No.

And saying "Bork bork bork" a lot. Don't forget the "Bork bork bork".

As we are wont to do. ^^

Anamnes in Swedish' date=' ought to be anamnesis in English but I don't know if that word actually exists. [i']Anamnes [/i] is basically the part of a doctor's appointment where the doctor tries to find out about you as a person and your ailments. Kinda like an interview.

Anamnesis is the word in English, but it's obscure enough I had to look it up.

Physicians might use that word among themselves, but to the patients it's "taking a medical history."

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary is still chewing on the word

In 10-15 years or less I won't be able to call my Parents anymore. Right now they want to hassle about money. I just want to treasure every family moment I have left. Her home cooked meals, our Holiday gatherings, all the silly things she buys me at Christmas, the safety and security he provides, dinners at the club I got married in, all numbered. Every time, the number shrinks by one.

Someday I won't be able to call my Mom anymore.

I'm feeling life getting ready to change completely.

I don't know what's on the other side.

If nothing else, we're listening. :)

In 10-15 years or less I won't be able to call my Parents anymore. Right now they want to hassle about money. I just want to treasure every family moment I have left. Her home cooked meals, our Holiday gatherings, all the silly things she buys me at Christmas, the safety and security he provides, dinners at the club I got married in, all numbered. Every time, the number shrinks by one.

Someday I won't be able to call my Mom anymore.

I'm feeling life getting ready to change completely.

I don't know what's on the other side.

Tell me about it. :(

Well, my Parents are almost 78 and 79 years old. They have been there for me all my life. I can't imagine life without them. They need to be needed so they have always been heavily involved in my life. When they are gone, there will be these huge voids in my life. Many things will change. I don't know how to prepare for these changes. I would like to help them out but they won't let me. They are fiercely independent and proud.

I was saying I just need to treasure every moment I have left. I hope I will have time to prepare when it's time for them to go.

Well, my Parents are almost 78 and 79 years old. They have been there for me all my life. I can't imagine life without them. They need to be needed so they have always been heavily involved in my life. When they are gone, there will be these huge voids in my life. Many things will change. I don't know how to prepare for these changes. I would like to help them out but they won't let me. They are fiercely independent and proud.

I was saying I just need to treasure every moment I have left. I hope I will have time to prepare when it's time for them to go.

As you may remember (since I have talked about it on the boards) my mom died on her 64th birthday. Which has been 6 years now. I still miss her, every day. But life goes on. My biggest regrets are that since I met Keri after she died she never got to meet her. And that she never got to hold Maeve.

As to time to prepare, the first I knew there was a problem with mom was the call I got at 1ish in the morning to tell me that she probably wasn't going to make it through the night. At the time I lived in Denver and she lived in Oklahoma. She died a few hours later. I was a wreck for a while, but I pulled through. I've known people who have lost loved ones that they knew were dying for quite some time. They recovered afterward faster than I did, but were wrecks beforehand for longer.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that it all balances out. And that yes, losing a parent that you love is a hard blow. But it is one that you can and will recover from.

I hate wisdom teeth

Obviously you've never had them prepared properly. Try them deep-fried and served with a tomatillo-lime-cilantro compote. They make for a nice textural contrast with plutonium-roasted chile relleño.

Hi,

Say, if I consider the stuff from [another convention invited guest] to be the distilled condensate of refined essence of the excrement of dungbeetles fed for seven generations on a strict diet of hand-selected drivel, I should probably list [that guest] on the "Put me on NO panels with" entry on that [invited guest response] form, right?

....probably.

JG

I need more minions. Writing my own 150 word bio sketch for the convention is annoying.

What would you want to see in a bio sketch in a sci-fi convention program for some lame-a$$ science guest of honor you never heard of before?

How many doomsday devices have you constructed? Any artificial lifeforms? How about dimensional portals?

I don't want your scientist cred, I want your mad scientist cred! :eg: