Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

Hey Doc Anomaly:

I don't get it !!!

Why is your T&A measurement so low ? You've been posting as fast as you can ! How is it calculated ? :confused:

Because lately I've received zip for rep from the "girlie" pics, but have received tons of rep from things like my "pulsar worlds" posts, for my current .sig, and similar non-"girlie" stuff. And a number of the reps have been from "heavy hitters" -- i.e., big rep scores -- and those things combine to bring down the ol' TAP pretty quickly. ;)

You'll note, though, that not receiving rep for the "girlie" pics hasn't slowed down my posting of such pics... :D

Because lately I've received zip for rep from the "girlie" pics' date=' but have received [i']tons[/i] of rep from things like my "pulsar worlds" posts, for my current .sig, and similar non-"girlie" stuff. And a number of the reps have been from "heavy hitters" -- i.e., big rep scores -- and those things combine to bring down the ol' TAP pretty quickly. ;)

You'll note, though, that not receiving rep for the "girlie" pics hasn't slowed down my posting of such pics... :D

Sorry. :o It's my fault, right ?

last night around 4:30 AM I awoke with one of the greatst of moral quadries, crap or puke. I managed to keep my dinner down for about 10 minutes to complete my other business and then all that I had for Dinner came up. I felt fine afterwards, swore never to eath that again and went back to bed.

Woke again at 6:00 and vomited again. And then repeated every three hour since. My co-worker had the same problem on Friday, I thought she was just hung over. However, I don't drink. So, I'm missing my D&D game and hoping to sit upright for next several hours that seems to help. I'm starving and dying of thirst, but I simply have been regurgitatin anything I drink so...RIght now I am holding half a glass of water and I think I am going to try some oragnge juice.

Really sorry, hope you recover quickly.

Really sorry' date=' hope you recover quickly.[/quote']

Damn! I have had that, The Urgent Care docs called it "acute Gastro-enteritis" They put an IV in me, gave me an anti-nausea med, and wouldn't let me drive home.

Apparently it is usually food borne.

No more TGIFriday's cheesy potatoskins for me.

Though my co-worker had the same thing so I am not ruling out virus. The wife brought me some 7up and pepto on her way home from work. It was very nice of her.

The docs put me on a "clear liquid" diet for a couple days. Lots of thin broth, jello...

bleah!

No more TGIFriday's cheesy potatoskins for me.

Though my co-worker had the same thing so I am not ruling out virus. The wife brought me some 7up and pepto on her way home from work. It was very nice of her.

If you associate this with the cheesy potatoskins there, even if you know it might not be and even if so just that one time, you'll never eat them anyway just due to the psych association. I got really really ill after eating an Applebee's chili-burger, can't bring myself to eat one even now. Now I am not sickened at the thought, but they just don't appeal to me anymore

If you associate this with the cheesy potatoskins there' date=' even if you know it might not be and even if so just that one time, you'll never eat them anyway just due to the psych association. I got really really ill after eating an Applebee's chili-burger, can't bring myself to eat one even now. Now I am not sickened at the thought, but they just don't appeal to me anymore[/quote']

Yeah. A number of years ago, I ate a lunch consisting entirely of crab rangoon. Unfortunately, later that afternoon, I became violently ill. Turns out it was stomach flu, but even thinking about eating a crab rangoon still makes me instantly queasy. And I really liked crab rangoon, too. :(

Enforcer84, I am very sorry to hear that you're feeling so poorly, and hope that it passes quickly.

It's nice to know my school does something right.

The have clubs for some of the more sensitive issues, like kids who have dealt with abuse, violence, rape and being gay, but the are held during class at first and are coded by stones (Amethyst and such) so that their teachers and school mates don't have to be aware of exactly what meeting they're going to just that it is sanctioned by the school.

I think it's nice. :)

... but they just don't appeal to me anymore

Psych association is a very powerful thing. I can't stand Vanilla Wafers. Why? Because that was the snack food at the Kinder Keller, the baby-sitting holding tank the Army had (across the street from the Officers' Club, the Harnack Haus) in West Berlin in 1963. When I was 6, we got dropped off there several times while my folks went out. I didn't like the place, and their uniform choice in kid snack food was Vanilla Wafers and cherry Kool-Aid. To this day I avoid both.

That's interesting. I loved Vanilla Wafers when I was younger, but I must've burned myself out on them. My church had a daycare, and usually served under-sugared kool aid (or the local generic therof) and Nilla Wafers. Then I'd have my mother buy those or graham crackers for my daily snack. Now the only way I can eat the things is in vanilla pudding.