Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

Try Air Sharing. I came across it this morning on a blog. it does PDF and works on Windows and Linux.

I've tried it, and while it opens the sample files just fine, I can't get it to open either of the files I've transferred over myself. One a PDF and the other an RTF. When I try opening them it tries to do some network access, which makes me wonder if it actually transferred the files or not.

Which gets me back to why I wanted to find out from Oddhat what he is using. :)

I've tried it, and while it opens the sample files just fine, I can't get it to open either of the files I've transferred over myself. One a PDF and the other an RTF. When I try opening them it tries to do some network access, which makes me wonder if it actually transferred the files or not.

Which gets me back to why I wanted to find out from Oddhat what he is using. :)

Ah, re transferred the files and now I can open them. Now I need to find one that has a decent PDF viewer. Unless I'm missing something Air Sharing's sucks. It doesn't seem to have a way to jump to pages. Which makes it pretty useless for viewing 5ER. :)

Ah' date=' re transferred the files and now I can open them. Now I need to find one that has a decent PDF viewer. Unless I'm missing something Air Sharing's sucks. It doesn't seem to have a way to jump to pages. Which makes it pretty useless for viewing 5ER. :)[/quote']

Yup, that's a serious limitation. Still looking myself. :)

Ah' date=' re transferred the files and now I can open them. Now I need to find one that has a decent PDF viewer. Unless I'm missing something Air Sharing's sucks. It doesn't seem to have a way to jump to pages. Which makes it pretty useless for viewing 5ER. :)[/quote']

An app called "Air Sharing". Very nice' date=' lets you map your iPhone to your network.[/quote']

Yup' date=' that's a serious limitation. Still looking myself. :)[/quote']

If I hear of anything, I'll let you know. (I just remembered this ebook reader app Stanza. Don't know if it will do the job or not.

I'm not really cranky about this' date=' so I decided to muse on it here. We have another noobie using the term "toon". Maybe someone should warn him? :straight:[/quote']

I wondered how long it would take for that to start happening.

I have to wonder, too, what an APV is... :think:

. . . Toon?

It is a term used by some in MMORPGs to refer to their character. Shortened version of cartoon. Initially used to refer to the physical appearance of the character in a MMORPG, as in "My character's toon is pretty bulky", now it is frequently used to refer to the character itself. "My highest level toon is 68th". Now people seem to be back-porting it to pen and paper RPGs.

I've always thought it sounded silly.