Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

A freind of mine has gone back to college. He's worked in IT and as a C++ programmer for years.

For his math minor, he has to take "Programming in Fortran"

Heh. Fortran is still used in some areas. Apparently it's still the language of choice for math stuff.

Now if he had to learn COBOL...

Twist endings were kind of a thing with The Twilight Zone' date=' if I'm not mistaken.[/quote']

Yeah, but usually in some moralistic way. In the original short story the guy is more of a misanthrope, but in the TV play he's made a sympathetic character, making the ending simply cruel - atypical for the series.

In reply to Super Squirrel's point about the Champions forum, if certain people will not behave we can ask Ben to speak to them.

There is also the possibility of closing threads down but that could lead to guerilla warfare. That being the case we could ask for certain people to be banned. Which is an option.

I've just finished reading the first 130 posts. Good stuff. Haggis Cheesecake? Who would have thought of it.

Mark -- Can I get one with Vegemite? No? :straight:

OMG, STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP!!!!!

Of couse I suppose being a good American I drown it in ketchup to eliminate any hint of original flavor...but I'm not big on ketchup!

OMG, STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP!!!!!

Of couse I suppose being a good American I drown it in ketchup to eliminate any hint of original flavor...but I'm not big on ketchup!

Salsa. Use salsa. Even some Mexican recipes are made up of unidentifiable organ meats and that is why salsa rules.

Alright, I'll bite.

Hyper-man what is the deal with you posting what happened in particular years ?

A combination of the following:

unemployment boredom

hurricane anxiety

attempt at originality pre-post 2000

I had found what I thought was a good site for all of them but it only went up to 1993. The replacement site was way too wordy which is why I stopped at 2000 instead of continuing till 2004.

A combination of the following:

unemployment boredom

hurricane anxiety

attempt at originality pre-post 2000

I had found what I thought was a good site for all of them but it only went up to 1993. The replacement site was way too wordy which is why I stopped at 2000 instead of continuing till 2004.

I haven't seen all the posts so what year did you use as the start ?