Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

It turns out that WD-40 is a very good insecticide' date=' which is great, because I have small kids in the house. And according to Shadowpup, many spray insecticides are... WD-40, plus poison. Some, however, are basically nerve gas.[/quote']

WD-40 is good for killing insects because it basically dissolves exoskeleton. Also good for killing spiders. :)

:jawdrop:

Remedy that.

Even if you hate it, just see it. For my sake. I'll send you the cost of the rental

Dude! What!? It's a must see. Makes fun of EVERYTHING! Hilarious.

Ok, you two convinced me to see it at least ONCE. :P if I get the opportunity.

I think that depends on how much you spray on them...

:eg:

Or if you set it on fire first....

I spent an entertaining afternoon one day keeping the yellow jackets away from a catered BBQ lunch for a bunch of movie b-listers by baiting areas with scrap laden bones, then nuking the lil' buggers when they gathered.

Extra bonus...Fire burns off the warning pheromones so their buddies don't get the memo :eg:

Or if you set it on fire first....

I spent an entertaining afternoon one day keeping the yellow jackets away from a catered BBQ lunch for a bunch of movie b-listers by baiting areas with scrap laden bones, then nuking the lil' buggers when they gathered.

Extra bonus...Fire burns off the warning pheromones so their buddies don't get the memo :eg:

Also burns the wings so they can't get at you. I used to do the 12 foot spray lit into the yellow jacket nests. Just have to be really careful about wind direction...

(I'll carry a black widow outside, but yellow jackets are one of the few beasties that don't get the kindness pass)

Walk this way! :D Need to get that one on DVD.

Some time before Christmas my wive picked up the boxed set of Mel Brooks comedy movies. The kids, of course, think Blazing Saddles is hilarious. They're less into The Producers. I don't think they've cracked open Young Frankenstein yet.