Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

*shudder*

Nope, won't do it.

And yeah, I've dug ditches before.

I am, however, well qualified enough to be able to pass on the really evil jobs, like the time I quit a job in Folsom making big rocks into little ones.

I figured if I was gonna do that, I might as well at least get to kill someone first...

*shudder*

Nope, won't do it.

I am, however, well qualified enough to be able to pass on the really evil jobs, like the time I quit a job in Folsom making big rocks into little ones.

I figured if I was gonna do that, I might as well at least get to kill someone first...

Suggestion: Shoot a man in Reno just to watch him die.

I figured if I was gonna do that, I might

...never get my super power now.

Dude, a superpower to turn big rocks into small rocks or some-other rock/energy/kinetic related superpower? And you are turning away from it? :no:

Man' date=' everyone has a golden parachute but me.[/quote']

My parachute was less than 6 months salary (and was more of an Iron than Gold). And I had to work their 12 years for it. Also, I "squandered" it paying off my credit cards, assuming that I'd be getting unemployment and/or that I'd find work soon. However, I've not had any income of any sort since August 27th and my savings is gone and I had to start using my credit card again.

I'm still grateful that I owe 2k instead of 12k though.

My parachute was less than 6 months salary (and was more of an Iron than Gold). And I had to work their 12 years for it. Also, I "squandered" it paying off my credit cards, assuming that I'd be getting unemployment and/or that I'd find work soon. However, I've not had any income of any sort since August 27th and my savings is gone and I had to start using my credit card again.

I'm still grateful that I owe 2k instead of 12k though.

Damn that's tough. A friend in Pennsylvania is in almost the same situation you're in (he was laid off from Waccovia); he was able to get an emergency unemployment extension after his first six months ran out, so he's at least getting some income. Not sure if he'll be able to go back a third time. It's not like he's not job hunting, but not many people want to hire a 42 year old without exactly the right skill set.

Damn that's tough. A friend in Pennsylvania is in almost the same situation you're in (he was laid off from Waccovia); he was able to get an emergency unemployment extension after his first six months ran out' date=' so he's at least getting some income. Not sure if he'll be able to go back a third time. It's not like he's not job hunting, but not many people want to hire a 42 year old without exactly the right skill set.[/quote']

It could be worse. Much worse when I get all philosophical about it; but it does suck. Tomorrow I spend the day at the local Community College seeing if I can get some certifications to sweeten the resume and perhaps financial aid to not have to hit up my folks again.

It could be worse. Much worse when I get all philosophical about it; but it does suck. Tomorrow I spend the day at the local Community College seeing if I can get some certifications to sweeten the resume and perhaps financial aid to not have to hit up my folks again.

That same friend is now trying to get into a Masters program. If he can get financial aid, he should be able to keep going on that plus part time work for a couple of years, then hopefully have a shot at getting back into the regular work force.

Good luck.

If nothing else, you can always build an army of killer cyborgs using the brains of your gaming group and parts from their home electronics and try to take over your town.

Serotonin is your friend. :)

Serotonin Saul: His only power is to cause a massive Serotonin release in people nearby. He makes his money as a hanger-on for depressed celebrities, following them around and keeping them happy. Repeated attempts to recruit him as a Superhero or Villain have failed. He has no desire to chase criminals or get shot at, and less desire to rob banks when people will pay him just to hang out. Plot hooks include trying to get him to use his powers for a greater good than cheering up wealthy talk show hosts and singers, and being hired by wealthy talk show hosts or singers to rescue him after the villain of the week decides to kidnap him for use in a poorly conceived bid for world domination. Bonus plot seed: A media company is the actual kidnapper, after Saul's employer kicked her previous drug habits and party girl lifestyle and thus became a much less marketable celeb.

The last thing I remember flitting across my dreaming consciousness before I woke this morning was...

Looking at my user screen and seeing I'd gotten Rep for several of my dreams.

I think perhaps I'm spending too much idle time on these boards.

If I knew where your dreams are posted I could reputize them.

tkdguy and I have drawn praise for posting dreams on the Creepy Hotel thread. You can check it out.

Any time you like.

But you can never leave....

Lucius Alexander

Looking over the last several posts, the palindromedary is once again amused at both ends for drawing more attention and commentary than Lucius Alexander himself....

If I knew where your dreams are posted I could reputize them.

tkdguy and I have drawn praise for posting dreams on the Creepy Hotel thread. You can check it out.

Any time you like.

But you can never leave....

Lucius Alexander

Looking over the last several posts, the palindromedary is once again amused at both ends for drawing more attention and commentary than Lucius Alexander himself....

Quite a lot of my nights lately have been consumed with images of a post apocalypse Steampunk war against The Great Old Ones and their followers.

The Elder One City in Antarctica has played a role, as has Yuggoth-as-Planet X, an albedo-shielded Oort Body battle station manned by synthetic crustaceans who've been stationed to lob a dinosaur killer at Earth whenever the biosphere starts getting too uppity...

In general I don't remember my dreams either, but I had a fragment I remembered the other morning, when the kitten woke me up. One cannot be certain, but it seemed to be a situation that would have become erotic in another 2 or 3 minutes.

Sigh.