Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

Gott In Himmel!

I had to run into Jerusalem. Usually this is a good thing. Even when there is an anecdote. Some days, however, I wish I could take it back. I had to run through Ben Yehuda to get to an art supplies store I found last month. I ended up having to hop/dance/fight my way through a street concert...

An Israeli mariachi band in full south of the border regalia doing Steppenwolf covers in Hebrew...

That's awesome!!! Seriously, I would pay to see that. Especially if they played "Snowblind Friend" and "The Pusher".

Gott In Himmel!

I had to run into Jerusalem. Usually this is a good thing. Even when there is an anecdote. Some days, however, I wish I could take it back. I had to run through Ben Yehuda to get to an art supplies store I found last month. I ended up having to hop/dance/fight my way through a street concert...

An Israeli mariachi band in full south of the border regalia doing Steppenwolf covers in Hebrew...

Arsim taken to the nth degree.

They had freichah groupies and backup singers.

So wrong.

So many levels.

My eye sockets and ear canals are still spewing napalm.

My insides are still having spasms.

Wisky. Tango. Foxtrot.

Son of a motherless goat!

Only in America!

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary suspects there's at least one other country it could happen in.

Which ads? Only ones I've seen recently (as I don't watch TV) have been their "I'm a PC" adverts in the BART stations. Seemed fairly interested' date=' for ads.[/quote']

The ads with the kids. This article is about the ads. The video is from what I gather the second ad, the first one is on this page.

Me from a different board:

Microsoft new ads are childish (pun intended). It is just plain stupid. Who are they adertising too, children who can but a computer? And to openly point out to their parents that their children can figure this out but they can't and should call their kids to oh, I don't know, connect a camera to the computer? Like I said, childish and stupid.

Who wanted to be a PC at 3.5 and 7. I'd prefer to be "a child" than "a PC".

He's a mac guy' date=' he's gonna hate them no matter :)[/quote'] Being a "Mac guy" has nothing to do with it; and your view is inherently disrespectful towards mine. ;):)

The ads with the kids. This article is about the ads. The video is from what I gather the second ad' date=' the first one is on this page.

Being a "Mac guy" has nothing to do with it; and your view is inherently disrespectful towards mine. ;):)

And?

They're both merely opinions.

The ads with the kids. This article is about the ads. The video is from what I gather the second ad' date=' the first one is on this page.

Me from a different board:

Microsoft new ads are childish (pun intended). It is just plain stupid. Who are they adertising too, children who can but a computer? And to openly point out to their parents that their children can figure this out but they can't and should call their kids to oh, I don't know, connect a camera to the computer? Like I said, childish and stupid.

Who wanted to be a PC at 3.5 and 7. I'd prefer to be "a child" than "a PC".

Seems pretty straightforward to me, and a decent ad (for an ad). I also didn't see anything about "kids can do this and adults can't". I saw "these things are so easy to do even a 4.5 and 7 year old can do them". Did you see different versions of the ads than the ones that you linked?

Seems pretty straightforward to me' date=' and a decent ad (for an ad). I also didn't see anything about "kids can do this and adults can't". I saw "these things are so easy to do even a 4.5 and 7 year old can do them". Did you see different versions of the ads than the ones that you linked?[/quote']

No.

Then what part of the ads did you interpret as adults being told that they couldn't do the things that these kids were doing. Because it seemed very much to me that they were saying the exact opposite.

No specific part, it is my impression of both of their ads. And thank you for sharing your opinion. We think differently, such is the subjective nature of advertising. Life goes on. :)