PRIMUS source book?

phydaux

Re: PRIMUS source book?

You're correct, it's not on the '05 schedule. It might not even be on the '06 schedule -- we haven't gotten that far with our planning yet. Right now Shelley's got a lot of other things on her plate, so we're going to let her deal with those things before we give any serious thought to a PRIMUS book. Given that we have UNTIL available, we're in no hurry to create another book about a very similar agency -- good guy groups aren't as widely useful as bad guy groups.

Guest WhammeWhamme

You're correct' date=' it's not on the '05 schedule. It might not even be on the '06 schedule -- we haven't gotten that far with our planning yet. Right now Shelley's got a lot of other things on her plate, so we're going to let her deal with those things before we give any serious thought to a PRIMUS book. Given that we have [i']UNTIL[/i] available, we're in no hurry to create another book about a very similar agency -- good guy groups aren't as widely useful as bad guy groups.

PRIMUS is a good guy organisation?

....oh man, I've been using them wrong in my games then.

;)

Actually, a set of notes on "how these guys can secretly be the bad guys" would solve that little problem.

PRIMUS is a good guy organisation?

....oh man, I've been using them wrong in my games then.

;)

Actually, a set of notes on "how these guys can secretly be the bad guys" would solve that little problem.

IMO the PRIMUS e-book would be very helpful for that use of PRIMUS. The agency there has more than a dash of "iron age" flavor to it, with no little rot below the surface.

BTW I would still strongly recommend it to people interested in using that agency in their games. From what I've seen of the new CU, almost everything described in the e-book would still hold true. Changes due to the new rules would be minimal, and there's tons of cool ideas, neat tech and interesting characters. It doesn't quite do for PRIMUS what the UNTIL book does for that agency, but it's still much more than worth the measly $10.00 pricetag. :thumbup:

Guest Worldmaker

The e-book is basically "Shelly's Campaign" made official. While I hated the original Primus writeup, I didn't appreciate what she did to the agency in the ebook because it was all very campaign-specific... to her campaign.

IMO the PRIMUS

BTW I would still strongly recommend it to people interested in using that agency in their games. :thumbup:

Personally I consider it one of the three best orginizational sourcebooks for Champs (the others being the 5th ed Demon and the 4th Ed Viper). The printout I made of my PDF is in the "special high quality books" section on my gaming bookshelf.

IMO the PRIMUS e-book would be very helpful for that use of PRIMUS. The agency there has more than a dash of "iron age" flavor to it, with no little rot below the surface.

BTW I would still strongly recommend it to people interested in using that agency in their games. From what I've seen of the new CU, almost everything described in the e-book would still hold true. Changes due to the new rules would be minimal, and there's tons of cool ideas, neat tech and interesting characters. It doesn't quite do for PRIMUS what the UNTIL book does for that agency, but it's still much more than worth the measly $10.00 pricetag. :thumbup:

Except that, as per Millenium City, Silver Avengers (and, presumably, the Golden Avenger) in the CU are built on a lot fewer points than in the e-book.

Except that' date=' as per Millenium City, Silver Avengers (and, presumably, the Golden Avenger) in the CU are built on a lot fewer points than in the e-book.[/quote']

Not all of them. Check out VIPER-X's stats sometimes.

They're what I used as the base for the Silver Avenger in my campaign.

• 1 month later...

If you plan to use it' date=' you should probably surf her site for ideas; it's obviously something she keeps coming back to, since there's just a ton of useful doodads in there...

AlHazred has my number -- I so heart PRIMUS. I mean, when we got our spiffy Okidata color LED printer, the first thing I did was print out the Golden Avenger Keith Curtis drew for me!

-Shelley

PS: thanks for all the encouraging words, guys! I'm plugging away on Regency HERO (and that pesky law thing - one more semester left!) right now and can't wait 'til the time comes to work on PRIMUS. :)

• 4 years later...

Thread Necromancy:

So whatever became of the PRIMUS book. Are there still plans for producing one in the forseeable future?

For the time being I guess I'll just have to use the PRIMUS agent write-up from Digital Hero #2.

O, so long awaited.... I'm making notes for the "What Would You Like To See" thread... Starting with "does anybody besides PRIMUS have Cyberline enhanced personnel, why or why not?" (There's never been anything published, to my knowledge, about anyone else having Cyberline enhanced personnel, except for the three 4th edition defections from PRIMUS, only one of which has been canonically brought forward to 5th thusfar.)