Edna "E." Mode!

Michael Hopcroft

With the various writeups of the charatcers from The Incredibles that have been posted, I'm still waiting for Edna Mode, fashionista to the superheroes. Knowing her (or the character who is equivalent in your campaign) is a great advatnage for a superhero. Not only can she repair damage to your costume, but she can design a new one for you if the need arises (as long as you don't want a cape). And she has a virtually encyclopedic knowledge of superheroes, superpowers, and the like -- she knows enough about the effects of seemingly every imaginable superpower that she can quickly design suits that match the powers.

Pity the poor supervillain who tries to kidnap Edna. If the rescuging superheroes don't beat the villain within an inch of their life, Edna's arch, acid comments are likely to drive the villain completely beyond the pale of sanity.... :)

Re: Edna "E." Mode!

Or, he would hear "SOOO you stole tankman's suit and painted it, eh? BANG!" through the ONE weak point...

Given her house, I wouldn't want to even *think* about kidnapping her.

I also have this mental image of a villain reigning victorious over the heroes, only to here a familiar voice coming from this surprisingly small armored figured. . .

I think Edna would be far too proud to admit to ANY flaw in any of her designs. I also don't think she'd design power armor, as most weapons systems, unless they're something *very* small like Syndrome's wristbands, would doubtlessly spoil the lines of her designs.

However, letting my mind wander this evening had me coming up with this power:

Overwhelming Conversationalist: Drain EGO 1d6, Armor Piercing x1 (+1/2), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2), Based On EGO Combat Value (Mental Defense; +1), Cumulative (x4 max.) (+1); Requires A Skill Roll [Conversation] (-1/2) plus Drain PRE 1d6, Armor Piercing x1 (+1/2), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2), Based On EGO Combat Value (Mental Defense; +1), Cumulative (x4 max.) (+1) ; Requires A Skill Roll [Conversation](-1/2); 80 Active Points, 54 Real Points

i would think that power would need incantations?

It probably does, but FREd explicitly notes that Incantations "can't double as normal conversation".

This brings up the question of whether ANY of Edna's conversations are normal...

Meta: you may be right about delayed effect.

To be honest, since I whomped this up on the spur of a moment, anyone can have a go at modifying it (including the power's name; I was never quite happy with it). Heck, zornwil should come have a look since he's working on an Edna writeup proper...

I would be loathe to admit this usually, if it weren't so damn funny to our gaming group. And I will always sacrifice dignity for a laugh.

But our "Edna" in RDU is..... me.

Storn Alexander Cook is a character in the RDU. He is the Parsons grad, gay fashion designer to the super heroes. Having a Storn Cook Original means that you have arrived as a Super Hero.

This came about because of all the sketches I've done over the years, the private commissions that I turn over to Neil to use as NPC concepts. And while Neil and I have both swiped plenty of art from other sources, RDU does have a LOT of my artwork as characters. And there can't help but be this continuity of style and aesthetic.

I would be loathe to admit this usually, if it weren't so damn funny to our gaming group. And I will always sacrifice dignity for a laugh.

But our "Edna" in RDU is..... me.

Storn Alexander Cook is a character in the RDU. He is the Parsons grad, gay fashion designer to the super heroes. Having a Storn Cook Original means that you have arrived as a Super Hero.

This came about because of all the sketches I've done over the years, the private commissions that I turn over to Neil to use as NPC concepts. And while Neil and I have both swiped plenty of art from other sources, RDU does have a LOT of my artwork as characters. And there can't help but be this continuity of style and aesthetic.

That's great. Kudos to Neil for doing it and to you for allowing it.

When "you" appear in game, do you get to play him?

I'll try to add her soon to the other thread I have' date=' for at least one interpretation. I'd like to do Frozone first, though, and will probably do him early this week.[/quote']

Zorn, when you write her up, don't forget a small Cumulative Mind Control Linked to a small HA with an OAF Limitation: rolled up newspaper...

"YOU will _remind_ him who you are... Go! Fight!! WIN!!!" :D

Zorn, when you write her up, don't forget a small Cumulative Mind Control Linked to a small HA with an OAF Limitation: rolled up newspaper...

"YOU will _remind_ him who you are... Go! Fight!! WIN!!!" :D

Heh, I might err more on the side of skills, but not to say it's a bad idea...

Her costumes granted (in HERO terms) powers so she could have a major transform. They had resistant defenses, Violet's offset her power's disad and they had locator devices.

Or, she could just be an origin of powers that hero's buy with their own points.

Or is it more of a VPP - or base - fora pool with Independent Powers created?

I"m behind...

I think Edna would be far too proud to admit to ANY flaw in any of her designs. I also don't think she'd design power armor' date=' as most weapons systems, unless they're something *very* small like Syndrome's wristbands, would doubtlessly spoil the lines of her designs.[/quote']

FLAWS?!?!? There are no flaws in a design by Edna!!!

However, letting my mind wander this evening had me coming up with this power:

Overwhelming Conversationalist: Drain EGO 1d6, Armor Piercing x1 (+1/2), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2), Based On EGO Combat Value (Mental Defense; +1), Cumulative (x4 max.) (+1); Requires A Skill Roll [Conversation] (-1/2) plus Drain PRE 1d6, Armor Piercing x1 (+1/2), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2), Based On EGO Combat Value (Mental Defense; +1), Cumulative (x4 max.) (+1) ; Requires A Skill Roll [Conversation](-1/2); 80 Active Points, 54 Real Points

A couple of minor nits: Drains are naturally Cumulative, so no need for that advantage. Also, how many people you see running around with Hardened Mental Defence in that world?. So....

Overwhelming Conversationalist: (Total: 60 Active Cost, 40 Real Cost) Drain EGO 1d6, Armor Piercing (+1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), BOECV (Mental Defense applies; +1) (30 Active Points); Requires A Conversation Roll (-1/2) (Real Cost: 20) plus Drain PRE 1d6, Armor Piercing (+1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), BOECV (Mental Defense applies; +1) (30 Active Points); Requires A Conversation Roll (-1/2) (Real Cost: 20)