The Legion Thread

TechnoViking

Re: The Legion Thread

Cost Power END
Legion Flight Ring
47 1) Antigravity Flight: Flight 20", Usable Underwater (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (70 Active Points); OIF (Flight Ring; -1/2) 0
26 2) Galaxy Communicator: High Range Radio Perception (Radio Group), MegaScale (1" = 10 million km; +2), Can Be Scaled Down 1" = 1km (+1/4) (39 Active Points); OIF (Flight Ring; -1/2) 0
6 3) Galaxy Communicator Imager: Sight Group Images 1" radius, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (15 Active Points); Only to display image transmitted via HRRP (-1/2), OIF (Flight Ring; -1/2), Linked (???; -1/2) 0
6 4) Off the Grid: Invisibility to Radio Group , Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (15 Active Points); Only invisible from United Planets Public Service Grid (-1), OIF (Flight Ring; -1/2) 0
13 5) Environmental Adapting: Life Support (Safe Environment: Zero Gravity; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Self-Contained Breathing) (20 Active Points); OIF (Flight Ring; -1/2) 0
5 6) Costume Morph-Key: Cosmetic Transform 2d6 (10 Active Points); Limited Target ([clothes]; -1/2), OIF (Flight Ring; -1/2) 1
Powers Cost: 103

Don't forget one of the classic purposes of the Legion Flight rings. It enabled the user to match the flight of another wearer. That is to say if Superboy was wearing his flight ring, Invisible Kid II could match his speed.

Hawksmoor

Clinging, ranged, Only to other Legion flight rings...

How's that? :-D

Don't forget one of the classic purposes of the Legion Flight rings. It enabled the user to match the flight of another wearer. That is to say if Superboy was wearing his flight ring, Invisible Kid II could match his speed.

Hawksmoor

I think that is gone, in fact it looks like you can no longer use superspeed with a flight ring. Notice Ultra Boy running (not flying) at superspeed on page 6.

Guest Champsguy

I'd bump up his stats a little bit, and give him some Combat Luck. IMO, superhero physical stats should usually be, at a minimum, in the high teens. Combat Luck is just an easy way to explain why they don't die.

I'd bump up his stats a little bit' date=' and give him some Combat Luck. IMO, superhero physical stats should usually be, at a minimum, in the high teens. Combat Luck is just an easy way to explain why they don't die.[/quote']

But... Invisible Kid *did* die!

OK, now WHICH Legion are we speaking of here? The latest by Mark Waid? Or the previous incarnation, lost in the Time Trappers void and 'almost' saved by the current incarnation of the Teen Titans? I LIKE the new incarnation, (even though it's only had one issue so far) and the little bit of 'difference' this time 'round. For example:

***************SPOILER WARNING!!!***************

Collosal boy wants to be called 'Micro Lad', since he comes from a race of giants and his power is to shrink to 6'5". Also, what we use today as the 'LOSER' Gesture is a 'Legion' salute!!! I love that.

If you want to choose realities, check out the AMAZING free Legion help file!!!

http://omega.animefringe.com/lshhlp/

But... Invisible Kid *did* die!

Yeah, but it was a case where his Combat Luck didn't apply. He wasn't just zapped by some random mook.

Or, come to think of it, maybe his Combat Luck did apply, and he died anyway. After all, he was fighting *Validus*.

In Mike's writeup: is his martial arts legal? Aren't you supposed to buy a minimum of 10 points of maneuvers?

Guest Champsguy

I liked the first issue. The "Micro Lad" scene was funny, even if it was a throw-away gag. I'm worried that they'll give in to the temptation to go dark in this series, and I hope they avoid it. It's been pretty good so far.

I liked the first issue. The "Micro Lad" scene was funny' date=' even if it was a throw-away gag. I'm worried that they'll give in to the temptation to go dark in this series, and I hope they avoid it. It's been pretty good so far.[/quote']

Again, using the 'Loser' hand gesture as a Legion salute kind of leans away from the dark aspect.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Again' date=' using the 'Loser' hand gesture as a Legion salute kind of leans away from the dark aspect.[/quote']

As do things like...

"Why'd I ever date him?"

"Was it the 'Ultra-Love'?"

and my personal favorite...

"How far down did you make (the weapons) go?"

(rubs his bruises and scorch-marks) "About the natural-gas-pocket level."

:lol:

• 3 months later...

I've got some Legion character write-ups on this page. I've got notes on the rest, but not as completed write-ups.

The way I did the flight rings were as vehicles. It made certain things a lot easier. :)

Of course, each flight ring was insanely expensive. So as a "GM" fiat, I did the following:

1) Figured out approx. how many flight rings had been created: Legion members, Subs, former members, rejected but "worthy" applicants who received rings, honorary members, lost & destroyed rings.

2) Applied the "+5 points = x2" rule until I reached the number of rings I'd determined in step 1.

3) Divided the total cost (base flight ring cost + multiplier cost) by the total number of rings in existence.

4) Charged each character who had a flight ring the point cost determined in step 3 as their "donation" to the cost of the "flight ring pool."

Re: The Legion ThreadInvisible KidPlayer:

Val Char Cost
13 STR 3
15 DEX 15
13 CON 6
12 BODY 4
23 INT 13
15 EGO 10
15 PRE 5
16 COM 3
4 PD 1
4 ED 1
3 SPD 5
6 REC 0
30 END 2
30 STUN 4
6" RUN02" SWIM02 1/2" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 72
Cost Power END
52 Invisibility to Sight and Radio Groups , No Fringe, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (52 Active Points) 0
Legion Flight Ring
47 1) Antigravity Flight: Flight 20", Usable Underwater (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (70 Active Points); OIF (Flight Ring; -1/2) 0
26 2) Galaxy Communicator: High Range Radio Perception (Radio Group), MegaScale (1" = 10 million km; +2), Can Be Scaled Down 1" = 1km (+1/4) (39 Active Points); OIF (Flight Ring; -1/2) 0
6 3) Galaxy Communicator Imager: Sight Group Images 1" radius, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (15 Active Points); Only to display image transmitted via HRRP (-1/2), OIF (Flight Ring; -1/2), Linked (???; -1/2) 0
6 4) Off the Grid: Invisibility to Radio Group , Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (15 Active Points); Only invisible from United Planets Public Service Grid (-1), OIF (Flight Ring; -1/2) 0
13 5) Environmental Adapting: Life Support (Safe Environment: Zero Gravity; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Self-Contained Breathing) (20 Active Points); OIF (Flight Ring; -1/2) 0
5 6) Costume Morph-Key: Cosmetic Transform 2d6 (10 Active Points); Limited Target ([clothes]; -1/2), OIF (Flight Ring; -1/2) 1
Powers Cost: 155
Cost Martial Arts Maneuver
3 Basic Strike: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +0 DCV, 4 1/2d6 Strike
4 Martial Disarm: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, +1 DCV, Disarm; 23 STR to Disarm
Martial Arts Cost: 7
Cost Skill
3 Scientist
2 1) SS: Biology 14- (3 Active Points)
2 2) SS: Chemistry 14- (3 Active Points)
2 3) SS: Computer 14- (3 Active Points)
2 4) SS: Genetics 14- (3 Active Points)
4 5) SS: Xenobiology 16- (5 Active Points)
3 Inventor 14-
3 Concealment 14-
3 Stealth 12-
5 KS: 20-21st Centuries and the Age of Heroes 14-
0 Language: Interlac (completely fluent; literate) (4 Active Points)
3 Language: English (fluent conversation; literate)
Skills Cost: 32
Cost Perk
15 Advanced Tech
2 Vehicles & Bases
2 Reputation: Positive for most teens (Known in United Palnets Space) 11-, +1/+1d6
Perks Cost: 19
Val Disadvantages
10 Dependent NPC: Parents 8- (Normal)
20 Code vs Killing: (Common, Total)
15 Reputation: Member of the Legion, 11- (Extreme)
5 Psychological Limitation: Not sure of himself yet (Uncommon, Moderate)
15 Hunted: Father (Head of Northham Science Police) 11- (Mo Pow, NCI, Watching)
Disadvantage Points: 65

Base Points: 300Experience Required: 0Total Experience Available: 0Experience Unspent: 0Total Character Cost: 285

Height: 2.00 m Hair: Brown
Weight: 100.00 kg Eyes: Brown
Appearance: Personality: Quote:Background: Powers/Tactics: Lyle made a ribosomal geneserum to give him the power of invisibility to the entire EM spectrum.Campaign Use: