Storn Art from Idea to Full Picture Year 2

death tribble

Some of you will recall that last year I ran a thread about getting a character commissioned and drawn by Storn. This was during May. Last year we also had the prelim drawings. This year I am thinking of dispensing with that and just getting the pic.

Last year's winner was the pic called Cyanide which you can see on Storn's website.

I will commission a new piece of art from Storn for late April or May and we have until then to come up with ideas for him to do. I will reiterate the rules from last year.

First off people are allowed to contribute ideas BUT there is a snag.

As I am the one paying for it I have to approve it. And Storn has to be willing to draw it. Part of the idea is to challenge the artist with something he hasn't done before or not done in a while.

So some ground restrictions and rules.

(1) The picture has to be for Champions. It is what I play and it is in this forum that the thread is posted.

(2) No Patriots. Still. Last year Etherio posted a whole bunch on his campaign thread and Storn did me one of Britannia.

(3) No standard gun users. I have lots of pictures and a standard gun user has no appeal for me. No matter how "cool" you may think the idea is.

(4) No animal motifs. I had one done last year, The Leopardess, and there is another in the pipeline.

(5) No kid heroes/villains. I like the over 18 crowd and proper heroes such as Superman, Batman, Wonderwoman etc. Anyone even suggesting something akin to the Power R*****S will be summarily subject to a dousing with crude oil. And this year we set you alight as well

(6) It must be something that I would want to use and something that would interest me. If not then no go ahead.

(7) Storn has certain restrictions of his own both because he will be putting the final product on his web site and has his own likes and dislikes. With this we will heed the former and indulge the latter. No Intellectual Property for example so no pics of Batman, Superman, Spiderman, Captain America.

(8) Idea can be of an agent, a normal superhero/villain or a boss/mastermind

(9) No Superman or Green Lantern types. Storn did two of the former and one of the latter last year.

I'll post my own ideas a little later on. So post your idea, if I like it then we'll proceed.

You may just have a name and we can bash ideas around about it until we get a full picture.

Of course if you don't like this approach you could always ask Storn yourself.

We have all through the month of March to post and reject ideas.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Storn Art from Idea to Full Picture Year 2

Well, 4 of my 10 Lords of Justice have been illustrated by Storn, my plan is to get the whole group. What do I have left...

An Asgardian/Anime inspired Powered armor hero

A Corsair/aquatic brick. Kind of a cross between Namor and Fabio...He thinks he's god's gift to women

A cosmic fire god

A speedster who leaves behind a trail of fire that he has minor control over.

A vain Beautiful energy projector

A Flag Suit.*Alreadybreaks Rule #1*

Any of these sound interesting?

How about an aquatic hero? Or perhaps something akin to Hawkeye or Captain Boomerang? I think having a size changer with an echo effect would be neat. Or how about a monsterous humanoid akin to the Hulk? Or a god/epic hero?

Idea 1 - Cyberkinetic male or female cyber-punk type cyberspace hacker with circuit tattoos on his/her head (maybe a shaved spot with tatts underneath) accompanied by a group of makeshift (but dangerous looking), cyberkinetically controlled robots.

Idea 2 - Religious (Catholic / Christian) Warrior, cross motiff costume and gear. Again male or female. Cityscape backdrop atop a church steeple (think Daredevil).

Idea 3 - Malvan Brick (minor) / Energy Projector (primary) Former slave turned Gladiator. Looks Malvan (elven) except with blue skin and glowing eyes. Enjoys Professional Wrestling (believes it is not pre-determined) and looks forward to the day he can best Firewing 1 on 1.

Idea 4 - Original Armored Character with lots of glowing ports, less anime more kirby-esque

thats all I have off the top[ of my head

A brandnew speedster from two perspectives - his own and those looking at him - as he is discovering his powers and their inherant sideeffects.

A ninja character with an Australian motif. Boomerangs instead of shuriken for example. Clothing would be suitable to the Austalian outback.

A powered armor character ala Robotech whose armor turns into a motorcycle.

A powered armor character whose powers are based on teleportation rather than the typical brick and eb powers.

A private detective with telekinetic and esp powers that manifest themselves as a green knight that he talks to and who does the heavy lifting.

How about a plant?

It'll be a Champions plant, a SUPER plant! Yeah!

But not patriotic, no. It just likes the dirt, not the nationality, no sir!

No way would it have a gun, it's a really cool plant! Like ninjas!

And it hates animals! They just pee on it's trunk and roots, animals suck!

Of course, it's an older plant, one that's strong and mature. It's dropped many a seed in its day, to be sure.

A very INTERESTING plant! Uhmmmm, it's got orange leaves, and a twisty trunk, and really cool flowers! It sings when the wind blows! It doesn't blow of course, no - it's COOL!

Storn will like this, and it's not copyrighted! It's orignal, 'cause this one doesn't have legs like that swampy guy, it's a PLANT! COOL!

The Plant can be an agent, one no one would suspect. A perfect spy, placed in a corporation where it could overhear mighty secrets - and no one would ever know! It's a plant!

And it isn't anything like Superman, 'cause it doesn't leap tall buildings. It's not like Green Lantern, 'cause it isn't even GREEN! Get it, a plant that isn't green?! Isn't that the COOLEST?!

So, there you have it. This is the best idea ever, because it's COOL! Better than ninjas even!

How about a plant?

It'll be a Champions plant, a SUPER plant! Yeah!

But not patriotic, no. It just likes the dirt, not the nationality, no sir!

No way would it have a gun, it's a really cool plant! Like ninjas!

And it hates animals! They just pee on it's trunk and roots, animals suck!

Of course, it's an older plant, one that's strong and mature. It's dropped many a seed in its day, to be sure.

A very INTERESTING plant! Uhmmmm, it's got orange leaves, and a twisty trunk, and really cool flowers! It sings when the wind blows! It doesn't blow of course, no - it's COOL!

Storn will like this, and it's not copyrighted! It's orignal, 'cause this one doesn't have legs like that swampy guy, it's a PLANT! COOL!

The Plant can be an agent, one no one would suspect. A perfect spy, placed in a corporation where it could overhear mighty secrets - and no one would ever know! It's a plant!

And it isn't anything like Superman, 'cause it doesn't leap tall buildings. It's not like Green Lantern, 'cause it isn't even GREEN! Get it, a plant that isn't green?! Isn't that the COOLEST?!

So, there you have it. This is the best idea ever, because it's COOL! Better than ninjas even!

Robert Plant!

Besides' date=' it will fit all the entries in [i']The Ultimate Horticulturist[/i].

(I was gonna say The Ultimate Doobie, but I already made that joke today)

I'm so going to add that to the list of "What's The Most Useless Hero Supplement You Would Actually Like To See?"

Howsabout an Image-style character (circa 1990's) complete with exaggerated proportions, cybernetic targeting eye, katana, big techno-gun, shoulderpads, an iron-age grimace, that weird feathered Leifeld-esque hair and standing in that standard flexed pose.

Couple of my own ideas.

It has been a bone of contention that there quite a few villains who take damage from holy artifacts, weapons etc but where are the weilders of such in the CU ?

How about a Cardinal in full regalia ?

A Battle Angel. Dark haired. Female. Burning Halo. Armour that is dented and seen better days. Wings, natch. Weapon of choice a two handed spear.

Tha Angel may be too detailed too early and thus warrant disqualification.

In response to some of the requests so far.

Susano. Didn't you already have this in a recent Digital Hero ?

And Storn has done a Chinese/Japanese spellcaster that went up last year. He also did two Japanese females for me last year the Iron Geisha (I need to give you some background on her) and Infinity.

Enforcer84. Two of these I want to dismiss now.

A cosmic fire god. One of the last things Storn did for me was the Flame who uses Fire. Sorry !

A speedster who leaves behind a trail of fire that he has minor control over.

This one reminds me of Blaze who is part of the New Deadly Dozen in a GURPS supplement.

Guzalot. I already have a character based on Puck from Alpha Flight who is a midget brick.

Blue. The Half/Half idea. Storn actually did this as a piece of art for Mutants and Masterminds. The villain is Hades.

Was Cyanide's stats ever posted anywhere? Or maybe a description of what his powers are?

RL

Crackerjack was the poster who came up with the idea. Cyanide is a Canadian assassin who has force fields that are poisonous ie a damage shield.

Pic is under the commissions on Storn's site. Green and black costume with goggles and blue force fields floating around him.

In response to some of the requests so far.

Susano. Didn't you already have this in a recent Digital Hero ?

Actually, I posted that in jest (mostly). Its not like I'm obsessed with hot Asian girls in tight clothes doing high kicks and stuff. Nope. Not me.

Couple of my own ideas.

It has been a bone of contention that there quite a few villains who take damage from holy artifacts, weapons etc but where are the weilders of such in the CU ?

Why not mix it up a bit, instead of going back to the common Judeo-Christian religious imagery? Maybe an ass-kickin' Russian Orthodox vampire hunter? Or an Islamic holy man (e.g., the Iron Iman)? Hindu divine emissary (e.g., gandharva, daeva, etc.)?

Or go with an Old Testament angel - hundreds of eyes, dozens of wings, wheels of fire, etc.

'Course I'm waiting on a Storn commission of one of my player's characters, a Zoroastrian fire angel, so I happen to like the idea of stretching the typical comic religous cliches a bit.

You know I was thinking some more about possibilities. I don't believe we've seen any ice wielding characters from Storn.

How about a "spikey" ice hero. Icicles grow all over the body, and can be used to throw, or strike with. Possibly a damage shield as grappling would get you impaled.

Why not mix it up a bit' date=' instead of going back to the common Judeo-Christian religious imagery? Maybe an ass-kickin' Russian Orthodox vampire hunter? Or an Islamic holy man (e.g., the Iron Iman)? Hindu divine emissary (e.g., gandharva, daeva, etc.)?[/quote']

Actually, you could take my initial concept and make it a monster-busting miko (Shinto shrine priestess) or a yamabushi (Shinto mountain priest). With the latter you get historical evidence of yamabushi being the origins of ninjutsu, which in comics is good enough reason to have a ninja-priest (And I quote "I kick ass for the Lord!").