Storn Art from Idea to Full Picture Year 2

death tribble

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Storn Art from Idea to Full Picture Year 2

Here's an idea, dunno how well recieved it'll be:

I had a player who's character was Ladyhawke. She was simply a woman with wings and some metal claws over her fists. No big deal

But the player switched characters, and so the PC found herself forced to sacrifice herself to close a portal to hell. She found herself in hell as a result.

I have plans to bring that PC back in a guest star role as an NPC. The twist is that after her time in Hell, she was rescued by angels (She's got wings) and then tapped with the preservation of the time stream. In assuming her new role, she's become enhanced with technology and/or armor of some sort. Maybe one or both of her wings got replaced with cyber-wings or some sort of high-tech equivilent.

It's all fairly fuzzy in my head really, but that's the background for the character.

Ice character could be fun... any thoughts on how to stretch/break the cliches?

Ladyhawke? I just did a winged devil woman for Death Tribble.

But to be honest, it is hard to come up with archtypes and not resort to cliches. I'm wracking my brain here, and I don't have an original idea in my head. I mean, cliche is almost the foundation definition of "archtype".

I think to convince DT (and myself) y'all need to put a bit more down. I've drawn some very interesting Superman clones over the years, not because of anything spectacular in the visual, but because some nuance of personality, costume, hair color... made that character DIFFERENT than Superman. The Devil isn't in the Details in this case, the "Dynamics of Different" are in the Details.

Lightray

>>>'Course I'm waiting on a Storn commission of one of my player's characters, a Zoroastrian fire angel, so I happen to like the idea of stretching the typical comic religous cliches a bit.<<<

Yikes! I don't have a record of this character, I don't believe. I do have some very RECENT commissions that I just barely glanced at, but if your player has been waiting for awhile.... Who commissioned it? Contact me or tell your player to contact me at StornC@comcast.net. I've been horribly unorganized of late and I might have misplaced this one.

Yikes! I don't have a record of this character' date=' I don't believe. I do have some very RECENT commissions that I just barely glanced at, but if your player has been waiting for awhile.... Who commissioned it? Contact me or tell your player to contact me at [email']StornC@comcast.net[/email]. I've been horribly unorganized of late and I might have misplaced this one.

D'oh! I'll reply from home, tonight. It was commissioned by me, but with my actual name (Kyle Stoneman). Actually, there were four...

Ladyhawke? I just did a winged devil woman for Death Tribble.

Well, to be honest what I do picture of the transformed Timecop Ladyhawke is someone who is a cross between Hawkman, Zauriel and any of the various Timecops depicted. Battlescarred (due to her time in hell), some sort of holy redemption theme to the uniform (due to her being rescued by angels) and high tech gear to help move through time (Shoulder pads, maybe her natural wings covered to look like Hawkworld/Archangel wings, helmet with HUD, gauntlets of some sort).

And You're absolutely right Storn, it is hard to come up with unique ideas these days. That's why I like to blend themes as much as I can, see what comes out from the mix (I mixed Colossus and Wolverine for a character and came up with a nanobot infected brawler with minor strength and steel looking skin).

So some ground restrictions and rules.

(1) The picture has to be for Champions. It is what I play and it is in this forum that the thread is posted.

(2) No Patriots. Still. Last year Etherio posted a whole bunch on his campaign thread and Storn did me one of Britannia.

(3) No standard gun users. I have lots of pictures and a standard gun user has no appeal for me. No matter how "cool" you may think the idea is.

(4) No animal motifs. I had one done last year, The Leopardess, and there is another in the pipeline.

(5) No kid heroes/villains. I like the over 18 crowd and proper heroes such as Superman, Batman, Wonderwoman etc. Anyone even suggesting something akin to the Power R*****S will be summarily subject to a dousing with crude oil. And this year we set you alight as well

(9) No Superman or Green Lantern types. Storn did two of the former and one of the latter last year.

How about an AD&D system based, gun using super-patriot with bunny ears that's a 12 year old child? If the kid has a really REALLY kewl gun? And really REALLY fluffy bunny ears? Maybe give the kid a green lantern ring and symbol ? YEAH, NOW WE'RE COOKIN' WITH GAS!!!

How about an AD&D system based' date=' gun using super-patriot with bunny ears that's a 12 year old child? If the kid has a really REALLY kewl gun? And really REALLY fluffy bunny ears? Maybe give the kid a green lantern ring and symbol ? YEAH, NOW WE'RE COOKIN' WITH GAS!!![/quote']

You Sir, are appropriately named!

You know I was thinking some more about possibilities. I don't believe we've seen any ice wielding characters from Storn.

How about a "spikey" ice hero. Icicles grow all over the body, and can be used to throw, or strike with. Possibly a damage shield as grappling would get you impaled.

I like this idea too...once ran a game where Icicle's mutant powers went haywire and she looked RPM described with tons of small sharp spikes. Sometimes she would "errupt" and send spikes in all directions. The air around her was about 5 degrees kelvin and would flash-freeze people and projectiles as they approached, turning them to ice the way a medusa would turn you to stone. All the while she is floating through he city on an icy breeze, screaming for someone to help her, and leaving a string of good samaratin ice sculptures in her wake.

But you guys are probably looking to make a hero.

To answer Richard Logue there are no stats for Cyanide though anyone's welcome to make some. And yeah, besides the Canadian assasin who creates poisonous energy feilds theres not much to say. His real name is David Shaw, his identity is public though not many people bother to know anything other than the callsign. And, just going by the background I had in my mind for him, he's currently doing freelance contracting as a superpowered hitman but previously he was affiliated with a big supervillain team called the Sinisters.

And as for some of my ideas for this year...

I like the idea of a spikey ice hero. Howzabout a robot? Some sort of ice generating android that is covered in icecicles like one of those outdoor AC units during winter. With a cool name like Absolute Zero (the temperature at which everything falls apart) or something.

as for a different idea, my idea is of a superbrawling boxer, a gigantic man, maybe African-American unless the black boxer is too much of a stereotype, with an iconic red and blue "coustume" of the normal boxing gear, minus the headgear. Keep the red gloves though, and perhaps emblazon the logo "KO" on the chest of his sleeveless shirt. The idea that struck me was of a guy who is technically not a super, or at least not a brick. However he's so big that he could only fight against supers, and so he had to train ten times of hard to keep up. A sort of giantified Apollo Creed type character if you will. An trained normal millionaire superclass boxing champion of the world.

for my final suggestion, of this post at least, how about a female shrinker? I think it would be interesting to see how Storn drew a shrinking character, and there aren't enough pictures of dignified lady superheroes.

How about an AD&D system based' date=' gun using super-patriot with bunny ears that's a 12 year old child? If the kid has a really REALLY kewl gun? And really REALLY fluffy bunny ears? Maybe give the kid a green lantern ring and symbol ? YEAH, NOW WE'RE COOKIN' WITH GAS!!![/quote']

Iuz,

I happen to be a follower and supporter of Lolth. She has a message for you which is as follows.

'You're stuck on Greyhawk, I'm Not ! nya, nya, nya, nya, nya !'

Onto ones being dropped

RPMiller's Aussie Ninja. Too much like latter versions of Seeker.

RPMIller's Speedster. Nothing in it at moment to hold my interest.

RPMIller's teleportation armour. Szybko of Voice.

Iuz's idea. 'Cos Lolth said No.

red-Eagle's hellish angel. The Alu-Demon I had recently from Storn is too similar. Wings, coloured skin.

I would need to ask Storn about RPMIller's other two ideas as they could be more expensive than the standard pic.

So to recap on the ideas that we are still running with.

Enforcer84's vain female energy projector, the Asgardian Anime inspired Power Armour guy and Corsair/Aquatic brick. Any details on the Flagwearer.

Sketchpad's aquatic hero, the monstrous humanoid or god/epic hero. I would like more details of the size changer with echo effect.

Taximan's Plant

All of Levi's ideas.

My Cardinal and Angel.

RPMIller's Ice hero/villain

Crackerjack's boxer

Susano and Lightray's alternate holy character ideas.

CBikle's Image style hero.

Sketchpad's aquatic hero, the monstrous humanoid or god/epic hero. I would like more details of the size changer with echo effect.

This is beasically what I'm talking about:

AntmanGrow.gif

I think it could look REALLY cool ;) I know that I've been experimenting with the style myself ;)

Susano and Lightray's alternate holy character ideas.

Maybe it'd help to flesh out some of these ideas some.

I got the idea Susano was looking a little further east, so I'll shift a little west, to India. Which I haven't seen depicted much (and don't know much about myself...). Plus, it may be more applicable to DT's game (assuming his campaign is in Old Blighty).

How about a Hindu ascetic/priestess/holy woman. Her faith and meditations were so great that she nearly reached enlightenment, but the gods came to offer her gifts if she would turn back. She accepted their bribes in order to protect the world, and in so doing lost her chance at apotheosis.

She is a beautiful young priestess with a shaven head. She has tattooes that are actually mystical mandalas – they glow with power (e.g., protecting her navel, third eye, similar to the hennaed dots, etc.). She is modest enough to wear a saffron or golden sari, but it still reveals some of her tattooes (perhaps the rest shine through the translucent sari, colored by its hue?). She may be wearing some jewelry of religious significance.

She may be standing in a mystic pose – similar to images of Kali or Krishna. One hand is upraised, holding some talisman blazing with a power she extorted from some god, that she is about to smite you with. Maybe she is crowned with an aureole of holy flames.

She is Sadhana. Know fear, you slaves of evil.

i had a suggestion i created a character for a thread a while back and her discription stuck with me. i think combination of the burns and tatoos plus sexy leather and lots blades would be intreasting.

Blood Rose.

A Romany (gypsy) girl blessed with precognition her whole family was killed by a neo-nazi firebomb.

She escaped but was seriously injured by the flames while she was recovering in hospital she vowed revenge.

When she had recovered she began traveling the world and learning a range of martial arts especially knife based arts. She has a short-range precognitive ability that allows her to perceive and react top her opponent’s moves even before they make them.

Still a beautiful woman despite the extensive scaring down her left side in combat she tends to wear black leather that shows off the damage and the intricate tattoo across her right side a twisting mass of black thorn covered branches ending in blood red roses each of the blood red roses that form it is a member of the neo-nazi gang that she has hunted down and maimed. There are eleven roses and space for 2 more the final one will go right over her heart.

Work on the HSAB has brought some interesting images to mind -- specifically some of the shape shifters. Men into tigers, foxes into men, man-like bats, mermaids, nagas, and some of the "satyrs" of Thailand (men with the lower bodies of tigers, lions, birds, deer). Very strange and fantastical, but also a very interesting superhuman (esp. if you want to make the hero a magician or Changeling-style metamorph).

Talk here at NASA HQ about the largest gamma ray burst ever (100x bigger than anything recorded before) resulted in this name being given for a type of exploding star: MAGNETAR. A magnetic "star." The visuals (for me) are someone who controls magnetism and/or a full range of light waves (i.e. gamma, x-ray, IR, UV, visual, radio). Which makes for one powerful Galactic Champions energy projector.

Xenocide - Alien with gene manipulating pheromones. The pheromones are constantly exuding from his/her/its skin in a sort of psychedelic cascade of colors as the ambient light plays with the chemicals in the cloud. Anyone breathing the cloud gets their DNA scrambled somewhat resulting in superpowers for some, physical changes in others, and no effect for most beyond being knocked unconscious that is.

The other thing we need to do is go through what Storn has done recently

Patriot types like Union Jack and Britannia and Red Ensign

A Medusa

A Green Lantern type

Two Superman types

Ringmistress

Several anthropormorphic human beasts like Leopardess, Luminous, Capricorn and Poley Bear

Several Japanese types like Tanaka, Infinity and Iron Geisha

Several energy projectors like the Flame, Cyanide, Zaid and Starblaze

a witch, the Demoness

the clone of Dr Destroyer, Mini D

a winged demon like creature

Two fencers Diablo and Widow

Several Batman like characters like Nighthawk and Nightraven

A Robot Nun

A brick type with a chain

A martial artist with staff

Ice character could be fun... any thoughts on how to stretch/break the cliches?

Since Storn has expressed specific interest in this idea, I think it is the way to go. My vote is to focus our collective energy in this area.

The other thing we need to do is go through what Storn has done recently

Patriot types like Union Jack and Britannia and Red Ensign

A Medusa

A Green Lantern type

Two Superman types

Ringmistress

Several anthropormorphic human beasts like Leopardess, Luminous, Capricorn and Poley Bear

Several Japanese types like Tanaka, Infinity and Iron Geisha

Several energy projectors like the Flame, Cyanide, Zaid and Starblaze

a witch, the Demoness

the clone of Dr Destroyer, Mini D

a winged demon like creature

Two fencers Diablo and Widow

Several Batman like characters like Nighthawk and Nightraven

A Robot Nun

A brick type with a chain

A martial artist with staff

So a pretty boy Poncey Pirate brick, Norse themed Powered Armor, Nudist Energy Projectors (2), a flagsuit brick martial artist, and a Ball of Fire Speedster are out then?

:D

Well, as far as breaking/stretching cliches how about that the icicles are formed straight from the body rather than "ice armor"?

Or the ice armor actually solidifies, and is constantly breaking with movement even going so far as freezing to the ground which leaves behind a trail of ice "trunks" as they break off, and "ice chunks" are left in the wake of passing?

Could be female instead of standard male (excepting Icicle herself of course)

No energy blast, only the spikes are used?

No ice slide.

Or the ice armor actually solidifies, and is constantly breaking with movement even going so far as freezing to the ground which leaves behind a trail of ice "trunks" as they break off, and "ice chunks" are left in the wake of passing?

I used something like this for Mara the Ice Demoness. I quote: "As a side effect of being an ice demon, Mara constantly creates a thin film of ice and frost over anything she touches or wears. She can turn this power off is she so desires, but it must be a conscious effort."

Basically she always has a film of frost and ice crystals over her bod, which crack and fall off as she moves.If she falls asleep, the area around her will slowly ice over. When she talks there's an echo of crystals ringing/breaking in her voice. Stuff like that.